Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which of the Remaining FA's Interest You?(Merged)

method man

Derrick Ward - We need a faster RB and it's always fun taking players from other NFC East teams (as long as they pan out). He shouldn't be too expensive and could make a real impact.

Angelo Crowell - He's the only LB I would want us to consider getting. If we picked him up I feel like it would lock us in to take an OT in the draft which would make a lot of people happy, but if there aren't any available at 13 then we're forced to try and trade down and could end up throwing everything else out of wack. BUT... I still like him.

Can you explain to me what you thought he did so poorly? I might just be missing something...

I didn't see him getting pushed around or muscled...Did he miss some blocking assignments or something?

The Whole line looked confused to me not Willis particularly.:helmet:

Can you explain to me what you thought he did so poorly? I might just be missing something...

I didn't see him getting pushed around or muscled...Did he miss some blocking assignments or something?

The only gaff I saw was he missed the chip that allowed tank to beat the center. hard to tell not knowing schemes.

Here's the question that we should all be asking....how much money does the Skins have left under the cap?

As far as some FA's I'd like to see us go after if the money they were asking was right for us:

Derrick Ward (RB). Use two headed monster attack to keep both men fresh throughout the year

Shaun McDonald (WR). Going into his 7th year, had 79 catches in 2007 on same team with Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson

John Carney (K). Made 35 of 37 FG attempts last year. His age is a problem but he wants to keep playing and made the probowl last year.

Donnie Edwards (LB)

Derrick Brooks (LB)

I honestly don't know who the best FA offensive linemen are but I'd like to see us sign a player or two for depth to fit in the Center and OT spots

That list by addicted is a great list but we cant afford to have another RB like Ward.

3 million per year isn't that much since the cap cost for Betts is 2.5million this year. If I could find that page that listed the cost to cut players we'd know for sure how much it would cost us to upgrade to Ward. Its worth looking into

All others I agree but I am shocked we dont see Marques Douglas DE from Baltimore on the list. 292 6'5 and can play inside and outside

Good suggestion :point2sky

Edit, if I could make a thread about this I would. I just saw this:

http://www.thewarpath.net/WarpathRedskinsCap.htm

It was updated on March 1st. It says that we are 3.787 million under the cap right now. Subtract the money set aside for the rookies and you know how much room we have left on the cap without restructuring anyone.

As for my idea about dumping Betts, not going to happen. His release fee is more then it will cost to keep him next year.

The prime candidates that I see for release to get more room under the cap are:

Rock Cartwright (His cap figure is $1,045 million) If we cut him it would create $845,000 in cap space

James Thrash (His cap figure is $945,000) If we cut him it would create $845,000 in cap space

Todd Yoder (His cap figure is $887,000) If we cut him it would create $770,000 in cap space

Releasing these guys would give us 2,460,000 more in cap space. The others on the list I dont think we'd cut. So cutting these guys and believing that we'd need a mill to sign our rookies maybe less, we have about 5 million in cap space right now

Archived