Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The MERGED Cap Hell Is A MYTH Thread

Jino

I tend to agree with the last statement. I have a fear that players come here mid season do really well and once they get the deal they want they do not care anymore. I really hope Hall and Haynesworth change that trend but we wont know until the season starts.

like when we sign a high priced player, they never pan out when they play here (i.e. Archuletta, Lloyd, Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders, etc...)?!?!? For example, if we ever signed Randy Moss or TO, they would have ended up like B. Lloyd?!? I really hope Haynesworth and Hall prove me wrong and they are worth every penny...:chug:

Not the same alot of people didn't think Archuleta was that good.

Smith was nearing the end of his career and Prime Time still had turf toe but for the first year the fortune 500 Redskins defense wasn't a bust it was not having the insight to sign a credible kicker and the injuries on offense.

If we were to have signed Randy Moss, he would have been the Oakland Randy Moss and not the New England or Minnesota Randy Moss. Too many fat and happy players here. They spread like wildfire.

thats bull****. hall came from oakland and has played well.

the patriots and the redskins are surprisingly similar, except for tom brady and stability in the fo.

that said, the redskins fo is getting a lot better, theyre signing players in their 20's now, pro bowlers, while giving up no picks

thats bull****. hall came from oakland and has played well.

the patriots and the redskins are surprisingly similar, except for tom brady and stability in the fo.

that said, the redskins fo is getting a lot better, theyre signing players in their 20's now, pro bowlers, while giving up no picks

Let's see how Hall plays now that he has a contract way over his value.

Snyder and Vinny haven't learned squat from Gibbs. Constraint my butt.

There are some smart guys up there manipulating the cap numbers and doing what they want with them.

I'm sorry but I support our FO 100%.

Ding ding ding

I'll quote myself from a different thread:

Here's how I look at this in terms of Salary Cap implications:

Hall signed already... release Springs, and it's practically an even trade there.

Possible Dockery signing... release whoever he replaces, probably an even trade there.

Possible Canty signing... release Jason Taylor, and I guarantee Canty doesn't cost $8 million, so we've actually helped our cap room there.

Possible Haynesworth signing... release one of our DTs, that will help offset the ~$15 million per year he's going to cost

So imo it IS possible that we could get all of those guys, especially with a little more restructuring. Relax guys. I know we all hate Vinny/Dan, but I trust them enough to not worry that they'll completely **** up on contracts and end up getting screwed by the cap.

It's great that we just signed a killer DT and a playmaker at CB for years to come on this team, and I understand their deals were huge, but this isn't uncommon in the NFL. Each year the price is higher. I see some people are really confused right now and that could be because they didn't/don't think we can afford him, ect. ect.

Well the reality is, just like signing these guys, our team has jobs that make these decision. Honestly, no team is going to say "Well, we can afford him this year and next year...as for those other 5, let's drink to it!"

I think our cap figure simply got to our heads, sure we're right smacked against the limit, but that doesn't mean our team manages money differently. We just handle it differently then other teams. We have a lot of high priced players, that require the restructering method that we use.

Another thing to keep in mind is that, while we have had players bust on this team, these two players are in their PRIME. That's key. People learn from their mistakes, this is straight up talent. We all need to look at this team with a refreshed look.

Although we just gained 330LBS, I feel like 330LBS just got lifted off my back. Haynesworth is a real damn talent, working with our defense, we should be a top 5 unit all over the board.

Hail my friends. :cheers:

year in and year out we are in cap hell, but we always manage to do fine, I really just hope our decisions in regards to whom we pick up are for our best interests. sometimes we sign to many big name players and it doesnt work out in our favor.

Oh ye of little faith. lol. We've been "broke" for several years already, Yet we always can make the magic happen.

On NFLTA last night they spoke on how next year being an uncapped year and how it will really hurt the teams that have the most cap space (49ers, Eagles, Packers etc. etc.)

Magic happen? 8-8 is magic? This team is far from magic. The only thing magic is the way my money flies out of my wallet supporting this team. But,I can't stop. It's in my blood. Welcome to DC Albert.

I don't know what to make out of signings of Haynesworth and Hall. But I do know that we paid up the ass for these two guys. I also know that if either one of these guys don't pan out, we're in for some deeeeeeeeeeeep salary cap trouble. I want us to keep Carlos Rogers. Now I seriously doubt we can afford him too. What happens to Campbell if we want to resign him. All I know is that we were in a flexible position to spend top FA money and this may be the start of massive cuts all across the board for the next two years..............

For the record, I think Haynesworth is the best DT in the league. I am kinda worried about D.Hall, for some reason, he doesn't seem like a standup guy to me. That MeAngelo nickname is very troublesome.

Obviously you're no capologist and the sky is falling for you, but what you have to think about is that the Redskins alllllllways do this and the fans always "chicken little" when we sign players like this... Is it fiscally irresponsible, maybe, but we by far have the best cap people money could buy and we always find some sort of way to get big time players, no matter if it's the wrong way to go about it.

Don't worry we'll be fine my friend, though we might not be able to get some free agents for the next two years or so, but we'll be solid I think if we don't trade away our draft picks in the coming years. :2cents:

Even if it isn't we always seen to get by, I am not worried about it and neither should you unless you are the one writing the checks.

I worry because I'd like to see the team win again. And I don't mean going 8-8, or even 10-6. I mean make a deep run in the playoffs.

If this move busts, we could be strapped Cap wise. But we'll see. We have great minds running that aspect of the team.

If an uncapped year happens, we will be cutting alot of players, possibly including Portis, so that will save our situation. If it doesn't happen, we're in trouble and will need to continue the restructure/extend trend. So it's worrisome.

Snyder has always been able to manage the cap. Money is his thing.

I'm just glad we have a DT that will required 2 people from the line at all times, and sometimes 3. That leaves so many other people open to make plays. Now, with Hall back, we might start seeing some good Ints deep in enemy territory and sets up our O.

Now we need some O line and a LB and we'll be good (maybe a kicker too).

Archived