Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys trying to trade/or will cut Roy Williams

Oldskool

Captain Hosetackle could be leaving Dallas.. :secret:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/26/report-cowboys-could-cut-safety-roy-williams/

REPORT: COWBOYS COULD CUT SAFETY ROY WILLIAMS

Posted by Aaron Wilson on February 26, 2009, 2:33 p.m. EST

The Dallas Cowboys may cut ties with former Pro Bowl safety Roy Williams, according to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, a potential transaction that would create an additional $2.18 million against the 2009 salary cap.

Williams finished last season on injured reserve with a broken forearm, :secret:starting just two games and recording six tackles.

For his career in Dallas since being drafted in the first round in 2002 out of Oklahoma with the eighth overall pick, Williams has 506 tackles and 19 interceptions.

Meanwhile, Schefter reports that the Cowboys are expected to cut backup quarterback Brad Johnson for an additional $2 million in salary-cap space.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9269274/Source:-Cowboys-trying-to-tra

There may soon be only one Roy Williams on the Dallas Cowboys roster.

The Cowboys have contacted NFL teams trying to trade Williams, a five-time Pro Bowl safety in his seven seasons in Dallas, FOXSports.com has learned. If a deal can't be reached, Williams could be released to clear room for the Cowboys under the salary cap.

Williams played in only three games last season because of forearm injuries. Although regarded as a strong tackler, Williams has struggled in coverage and is no longer considered a good fit for Dallas' 3-4 scheme under head coach Wade Phillips.

Williams, 28, is scheduled to earn a $4.4 million base salary in 2009. He is under contract through 2010.

The Cowboys traded with Detroit for wide receiver Roy Williams during the 2008 season.

Well you guys ran off the better GM/Coach

Didn't run either of them out. They were presented with a promotion and there was nothing we could do about it.

While I'm not convinced yet, I'm beginning to beleive that they chose the wrong offensive assistant to groom as the future.

It can all be cured however, (if Garrett should falter again in 2009) with the hiring of Shanahan.

Don't even try it. We might keep Springs! Who's smarter here?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did that come from Capt? SS is no RW, of course he is no longer his own SS but besides. RW stunk. SS when healthy was good, but his time is uuyp. Ever see Springs giving up two late game TD's or constantly tackling from behind?

Bad Capt, Bad Capt....:chair: :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Didn't run either of them out. They were presented with a promotion and there was nothing we could do about it.

While I'm not convinced yet, I'm beginning to beleive that they chose the wrong offensive assistant to groom as the future.

Where are you posting this, the river of denial?

It can all be cured however, (if Garrett should falter again in 2009) with the hiring of Shanahan.

There is no doubt watching Cowboys games over the past several years that opposing teams focused their offensive air attack in part on getting matchups with Roy Williams in the middle of the field.

Williams reminds me of Steve A****er, another strong tackler who is in essence an additional linebacker. But with no ability to hold his own down the field.

Springs on the other hand had excellent seasons in coverage in 2004, 2005 and 2007, with time cut short due to injuries in 2006 and 2008.

But as we all know cover corners are a lot harder to find than strong safeties.

Archived