Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Doc + Canty or Big al

rumplestilskin

I'd sign Canty, Dockery, and resign Hall. Apparently we are also frontrunners in grabbing Brown, the C/G, from Baltimore. I would definately grab him as well. I think this would mean we'd have to cut Springs and Taylor. Canty would be our run stopping DE, and pass rushing DT on 3rd downs. Carter would just be our pass rushing DE. Then draft Orakpo to play LB and pass rush, or trade back for more picks and grab Jerry. If we get Doc and Brown, we could use the 3rd rounder or 2nd rounder if we can get one trading back on a pure LB. The rest of the picks can be used for depth. I think we put ourselves in a position to succeed with the 4 man pickup over Hayensworth. Haynesworth will not be movable in a few years and we will have to restructure and eat that contract. I'd rather try and fix the majority of our problems rather than 1.

Dockery is Mr. Invisible. He doesn't do anything horrible or outstanding to get noticed. He's not as good a run blocker as you'd think he'd be, given his size, and he's a minor liability in pass protection. Having Kendall these past two years was an upgrade; it's just too bad he's so old and arthritic.

I would go with Doc & Canty

I don't think Doc + Canty + Hall is realistic. Both Hall and Canty are easily $8 to $10 mil per year guys. Add Doc even with a home town discount would maybe be $5.

I wouldn't go with AH really in any scenerio, other than being say $60 mil under the cap. Wow.

Hall, Doc, one more season from JT and draft Orakpo. pick up depth as you can in the draft.

Do not trade Carlos Rodgers

Ok, I gotcha. So if we're not trading Carlos Rodgers, are we gonna trade Carlos Rogers?

Damn, I was hoping that Rodgers would be worth something..maybe if we package them togethor?

OK, this is hilarious. In looking around to see what the Bills fans thought of Dock, did he play hard, just not fit the system, sat on his contract, etc, one thing jumped out pretty quick and the only thing that changed was the names;

"Good riddance to a crappy player. As long as Wilson is the owner, this is the kind of crappy player, crappy coach, crappy GM, crappy pop corn, crappy seats, crappy toilet paper we're ever gonna get. At least the "Fill in the blanks" are willing to spend money and are actually trying..."

:silly:

OK, this is hilarious. In looking around to see what the Bills fans thought of Dock, did he play hard, just not fit the system, sat on his contract, etc, one thing jumped out pretty quick and the only thing that changed was the names;

"Good riddance to a crappy player. As long as Wilson is the owner, this is the kind of crappy player, crappy coach, crappy GM, crappy pop corn, crappy seats, crappy toilet paper we're ever gonna get. At least the "Fill in the blanks" are willing to spend money and are actually trying..."

:silly:

LOLOL! God, I love the Redskins.

Any combination of Doc/Hall along with a DT/C/LB would be a dream scenario for me.

The DT/C/LB for me would be:

Tank Johnson/Canty

Brown

Crowell

Brown may be too expensive, but there's a reason I called it the "dream" scenario. Any one of Canty/Tank/Crowell should be affordable with Hall and Doc though.

One thing people overlook is that Haynesworth hasn't played 16 games in several seasons. Last thing we need is a 100 million dollar player sitting on the bench.

Direct from one of their forums:

"...is the bills "braintrust" capable of locating and signing upgrades? today's moves are a step in the right direction...but they are worth ZERO if we can't replace them with better players.

what exactly have ralph's lackeys done to give you any confidence the team will improve? yes they've cut two underachievers, but they've accomplished nothing that makes the team better. i'm guessing they have someone in mind that will be an upgrade over dockery, but i shudder to think who it might wind up being..."

:lol:

In any event, as to the subject at hand, it's a copy cat league and all the better teams have one thing in common; real good QB play and above average defense. The Bears and the Ravens and maybe the Steelers in XL are the only ones that made the Superbowl with mediocre QB play through the season the last 10 SB's and they all had exceptional defenses. You could throw in Eli, maybe, but he had an excellent second 1/2 plus the playoffs.

We're sooo stuck. Did the Giants outstanding D allow Eli the chance to elevate? If so, is Jason really a good bit better QB if only the D becomes a top level unit? Horse? Cart?

In any event, D is always a good place to be excellent.

I don't know why we can't swing ALL of it...

Here's my thoughts on whole scenario, we're already 10mil+ under cap currently now with increase to this years cap, giving every1 an extra 4.050 mil this year. Add in the other cap-casualties you can replace more effectively (Taylor's 8.5 mil, and Ditto for Springs 8+ mil) that's 26 + mil under cap. Add in cutting Collins for another 1.5 mil, that's 28 million....

THEN Sign up Haynesworth, Hall, Canty, Dockery, Crowell, and resign our guys of Montgomery, Gholston, Fincher, Bills Punter to compete with Arterberry, and also Suisham to compete for his job as well. We will then obviously need a backup QB, but you know what, I'd much rather pay Garcia couple mil (knows WCO) than Collins who I don't have confidence in running WCO if Campbell goes down anyway.... He was a product (2007) of Al's system and KNOWING it in and out. He's no stronger in the Arm than Brunell, maybe a lot less actually.

Then also, either let Rinehart and Heyer compete with Jansen for starting RT or, sign up someone like Andrews or better for the inevitable injury he will no doubt receive in 2009.

I'm ready though, I think with that kinda cap room, you may also be able to pull off signing a Scott instead of Crowell, and with those other additions, we could very well be making a run @ the super bowl IMHO.

Here's to tomorrow and knowing what really unfolds. I'm so excited and just can't wait to see what we pull off. I hope it's more like I envision above, than ONLY AH, or combo of Dock/Canty....

Let's go for GOLD and get em all!!

Here's my thoughts on whole scenario, we're already 10mil+ under cap currently now with increase to this years cap, giving every1 an extra 4.050 mil this year. Add in the other cap-casualties you can replace more effectively (Taylor's 8.5 mil, and Ditto for Springs 8+ mil) that's 26 + mil under cap. Add in cutting Collins for another 1.5 mil, that's 28 million....

THEN Sign up Haynesworth, Hall, Canty, Dockery, Crowell, and resign our guys of Montgomery, Gholston, Fincher, Bills Punter to compete with Arterberry, and also Suisham to compete for his job as well. We will then obviously need a backup QB, but you know what, I'd much rather pay Garcia couple mil (knows WCO) than Collins who I don't have confidence in running WCO if Campbell goes down anyway.... He was a product (2007) of Al's system and KNOWING it in and out. He's no stronger in the Arm than Brunell, maybe a lot less actually.

Then also, either let Rinehart and Heyer compete with Jansen for starting RT or, sign up someone like Andrews or better for the inevitable injury he will no doubt receive in 2009.

I'm ready though, I think with that kinda cap room, you may also be able to pull off signing a Scott instead of Crowell, and with those other additions, we could very well be making a run @ the super bowl IMHO.

Here's to tomorrow and knowing what really unfolds. I'm so excited and just can't wait to see what we pull off. I hope it's more like I envision above, than ONLY AH, or combo of Dock/Canty....

Any other cap pros out there think this would work cap-wise?

As for me, I'd rather have Doc and Canty as long as that also means keeping Hall and spending a pick on a pass-rushing DT.

If this scenario happens what do you think about drating Knowshon or P. Harvin for a reggie bush type of option out of the backfield. Our offense would take a big step up.

Or maybe we could not sign big albert or canty, and focus our free agent efforts on the O-line, while drafting d-line/LB?

Get Dock/brown/Willis to bolster the O-line, draft either a stud LB or DT with our first pick, and focus on d-line/LB depth with the rest of our picks.

Or maybe we could not sign big albert or canty, and focus our free agent efforts on the O-line, while drafting d-line/LB?

Get Dock/brown/Willis to bolster the O-line, draft either a stud LB or DT with our first pick, and focus on d-line/LB depth with the rest of our picks.

Thats a possibility. However, a stud LB might not be there (Connor is, I think, overrated and a big reach at 13) and the only DT I can see doing anything for our line that is even close to what Haynesworth could would possibly be Raji, but I think he'll definitely be gone by 13. We could get a DE, but then we'd still have the same problem...no push up the middle. With this draft being very deep at OL I think it is smarter to look DL in FA, especially considering we could land ourselves a complete monster of a DT (albeit for quite a price) and usually players that good don't hit the FA.

Archived