Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo Sports,com: Redskins Team Report (Devin and Malclom) (M.E.T.)

Ant15fromNJ

All told, they combined for just 21 catches, 165 yards and no touchdowns (not counting the one Thomas scored on a run).

That is crap for any single receiver in their first season.

But for all 3 combined? Totally inexcusable.

If they repeat that waste again next season, we will chalk that up as the worst draft in franchise history.

One simple article and suddenly some of you get so excited like "oh, wow, Devin Thomas is working out, that means he gonna catch 75 balls. And Malcomb Kelly, did ya hear? He's got a chip on his shoulder. He should be the next Larry Fitzgerald, jumping up all over the place catching TD's. And Fred Davis. That sleeping things was blown out of proportion, He's really, REALLY dedicated THIS time. He's gonna get involved and catch 8 TD passes"

Not to be negative,(no, not at all), not to ask you to catch a glimpse of reality, but these boys have done NOTHING so far, and the reason is because of their work ethic and their desire to take it easy, or even sleep in.

I will have to have a little more than an "article" to get my hopes up that any of these guys might catch more than 30 balls in a whole season.

As the late great Johnny Unitas once said "TALKS CHEAP....LET'S PLAY"

Not to be negative,(no, not at all), not to ask you to catch a glimpse of reality, but these boys have done NOTHING so far, and the reason is because of their work ethic and their desire to take it easy, or even sleep in.

I will have to have a little more than an "article" to get my hopes up that any of these guys might catch more than 30 balls in a whole season.

Dude, you're not even a gloomy Gus... You're more like a gloomy Shar.

One simple article and suddenly some of you get so excited like "oh, wow, Devin Thomas is working out, that means he gonna catch 75 balls. And Malcomb Kelly, did ya hear? He's got a chip on his shoulder. He should be the next Larry Fitzgerald, jumping up all over the place catching TD's. And Fred Davis. That sleeping things was blown out of proportion, He's really, REALLY dedicated THIS time. He's gonna get involved and catch 8 TD passes"

As the late great Johnny Unitas once said "TALKS CHEAP....LET'S PLAY"

This is why we need to get established leaders on this team to set an example. Cris Carter personally mentored Randy Moss in his rookie season. I'm sure Ray Lewis and Ed Reed do the same with young players in Baltimore.

That being said, I'd bet that jumping into the NFL as a rookie WR is one of the most difficult positions to make an impact. Hopefully Zorn can build these guys up and get them to be productive sophomores. Campbell's and the Redskins future greatly depends on these 3 guys.

30? I would have been really happy with that from any of them. I would have like to have seen 30 from all of them combined.

:doh:

I've heard that Devin Thomas has NOT been at Redskins park. From what I understand he's "supposedly" working out with Santana in Miami this offseason.

I have my doubts about Thomas. I've heard a couple interesting stories about him at his short time at Michigan State.

Kelly, I believe could be a rock star if healthy.

We already have conflicting report regarding these guys. Didn't JLaC report that Devin Thomas is in Miami working out with Santana? If so how could he be at Redskin Park for the last 7 weeks? Something doesn't seem right, regardless of his whereabouts I sure hope he is getting his body prepared for the rigours of the NFL.

We already have conflicting report regarding these guys. Didn't JLaC report that Devin Thomas is in Miami working out with Santana? If so how could he be at Redskin Park for the last 7 weeks? Something doesn't seem right, regardless of his whereabouts I sure hope he is getting his body prepared for the rigours of the NFL.

I thought Zorn said that (which would mean its coming from the other end of the spectrum), JLC said that Thomas wasn't going to work out this offseason. But I don't know if the quote was the Thomas and Moss were already working out in Miami or that they would be working out together.

Archived