Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

IHOP National Pancake Day is TODAY!

ACW

Wait a minute -- I point out that IHOP has cold syrup, so you conclude I don't know how to eat pancakes?

Dude, that is amazing.

Anyways, this morning this amateur pancake eater stopped at Waffle House in Frederick and had the All Star Special.

The syrup was warm. And the waffle was delicious. :)

Allstar_items.jpg

Just that when you let the syrup absorb into the warm, fluffy pancakes, it is no longer room temp. It is now pancake temp. And yes, I am amazing.:silly:

Wonder if they'll slip me a snausage link in there too.

Here's a thought. They guilt us into dropping 10 bucks in the bucket. They add up all the money, donate the money to childrens hospital. Then they get the tax write off. Thanks America! We saved IHOP almost a million bucks last year.:applause:

Been on the news all morning today. It's going to be packed.

2 free pancakes, that really aren't free. Yeah count me out.

I believe in the cause just not the crowds that will be there for the wrong reasons.

Yeah these things are usually packed. The last time I went to one of these 'free breakfasts" the lines were long and the place was filled with the homeless. It wasn't exactly a great experience. lol

Wonder if they'll slip me a snausage link in there too.

Here's a thought. They guilt us into dropping 10 bucks in the bucket.

who says it has to be $10.....$5 sounds fine to me

They add up all the money, donate the money to childrens hospital. Then they get the tax write off. Thanks America! We saved IHOP almost a million bucks last year.:applause:

then get a billion dollar pancake bailout from the govt

I live five minutes from an iHop.

I'm about to head to Gamestop and I'll see what it looks like there. Probably madness.

In fact, I'm waiting on a UPS package and I wouldn't be surprised if the douche of a driver is at iHop stuffing his fat face right now.

Wait, it's Suzy Kolber.

"We just got word that Dana Stubblefield is at the IHOP in Alexandria for his free pancakes, and he has sustained a back injury attempting to hoard several stacks of pancakes. His return is considered doubtful, however, I would NOT count him out, considering his huge appetite could quite possible offset almost any physical injury he may have suffered"

Ok guys - Time to come clean on my secret.

Until April of 2008, I worked at IHOP corporate for 5 years. I have eaten so many pancakes you have NO IDEA! :)

(Not a big secret mind you - Many here new. Just didn't want my boss one day seeing how many posts I had during working hours... LOL).

Lets answer some questions

Mark - cold syrup. Depends on the franchisee (FYI - IHOP's 1400 sites....are almost all franchise. IHOP actually only owns 12 of them). Many franchises keep their syrup in warmers and deliver them hot. Even ones that don't, usually still keep a few in warmers for those that ask.

Capt - WRONG. No tax write off for IHOP. 1 - Like I said, they only own 12 units. 2nd - the money is donated by individuals. IHOP never touches the money (Different is they said 1% of all purchases will be donated. This a straight donation).

IHOP does it for 3 reasons.

1) Free publicity. Last year there were over 120,000 FREE mentions in TV, Radio, and Print on National pancake day.

2) Extras - Next to no one goes in and gets ONLY a short stack. Most get at least coffee, or a drink. Food cost of a short stack is made up from the profit in a cup of coffee (This is why IHOP also LOVES doing AYCE pancakes. Cost next to nothing, and people pay more!).

3) Guest Count - It really drives people in the restaurant. Hopefully they come back.

IHOP was very good to me, and the franchissees in DC were some of the Best (BTW - Almost all of them here are BIG Redskins fans and National fans....). Go and enjoy!

IHOP does it for 3 reasons.

2) Extras - Next to no one goes in and gets ONLY a short stack. Most get at least coffee, or a drink. Food cost of a short stack is made up from the profit in a cup of coffee (This is why IHOP also LOVES doing AYCE pancakes. Cost next to nothing, and people pay more!).

There's gotta SOME stingy people, or anyone tryin to beat the system, who go in there and just get ice water, with their free pancakes :)

Archived