Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Apology to Coach Zorn on Phiten Necklaces

Reaganaut

Ok... I was the only one laughing probably on ES when Chris Cooley posted on his blog that Coach Zorn wore Phiten Titanium necklaces due to their "healing powers" and such. I wrote the Coach Blache note to players and sat snickering in front of my computer.

I have worn a titanium bracelet for a couple years I got off of Ebay and I like it because it is light and cool looking. It has a Romanesque type of pattern on the links.

Well...

My wife suffers from chronic neck pain and something called Restless Leg Syndrome which is no laughing matter since it keeps her up all night several nights a week. She is just miserable and has been looking into drugs that are used for Parkinsons disease to help her. She sits in the car and slaps her legs to get rid of the nagging sensation that has been there for years.

For Valentine's Day I ordered her a pink Phiten necklace that looks atrocious, but... hey what the hell. I thought I'd try it and see if it really worked. It cost me about twenty bucks off of Ebay.

Son a gun. It worked.

I just got it for her neck pain, but as soon as she put it on she felt dizzy and her knees felt weak. Then she said the pain in her neck was gone. Gone. Completely. We drove for several hours in the car and she told me that the Restless Leg Syndrome was completely gone. She's had it on for about eight hours now and it hasn't returned.

So, please forgive me Coach Zorn for making fun of you and putting a Titanium stocking ad as part of my signature to mock you. I did try it though and kept an open mind. You were right.

Please tell the mysterious "dark haired woman" that Cooley refers to that I can vouch for the results of wearing Phiten necklaces. They work better than advertized. My wife can't believe it. I can't believe it.

UPDATE 24 hours later.

My wife had to take the necklace off to shower twice and both times the symptoms returned. She also experienced a return of symptoms when the necklace got outside of her tee shirt. So... assuming this is still placebo effect (which I am no longer sure of) it is still working on her more than 24 hours later. She is convinced that the near alleviation of her symptoms are due to skin contact with the Phiten 22in pink necklace.

I read some of the below reviews before purchasing. If you go to Amazon, etc you will read amazingly positive reviews. 4.6 out of 5 on 37 reviews is pretty significant. I would echo most of these reviews. People are experiencing immediate relief and when they take it off it stops. People are buying more of them they like them so much. That is also my reaction. I am willing to spend more money on them too so if it is a pure placebo who would want to purchase more? Buy off of Ebay if you want to save money and try them out. I had an open mind.

http://www.buzzillions.com/dz_311392_phiten_usa_titanium_necklace_reviews?prRo=35&reviewSortBy=newestFirst

Update 48 hours

She had meetings yesterday where she had to take the necklace off. The neck pain and restless leg syndrome returned. After eight hours of meetings she came home and put it back on. The effect was immediate on the neck pain, but the restless leg syndrome did stay with her though less than without the necklace. She clearly notices "something" when the necklace is on versus off, but how it manifests itself isn't uniform. Perhaps this is the placebo effect wearing off. I don't know yet. I have read reviews where people still have a positive effect when the necklace is on after six months. I don't buy the ions explanation for this effect, but I do know people who simply cannot wear jewelry because it screws them up mentally. I think the effect is along this line. The consumer reviews are consistently positive on this product, but there are a lot of attacks on it as well in articles.

Update: several days

She is still claiming major benefit from the necklace and now the Phiten Titanium lotion I ordered from Amazon for twelve bucks. A few drops and her arthritis in her hands disappears too. I notice though that her leg is a little more jumpy than it was when the Phiten necklace was first applied. She tells me that it's nothing like it was before. I am going to get her more Phiten to see if it works, but this may be the ultimate slippery slope. Not convinced yet that it is wearing off.

Update One Week and Counting

This is definitely the strongest placebo effect I've ever seen. If the necklace without her paying attention slips over her shirt to the outside the pain and restless leg syndrome come back. I guess I am ready to say that I have it on good information from her that this is a real effect not a placebo. I will say that the beneficial effect is slightly less now that she has been wearing it for a week. She is now at the point where she refuses to take it off. She is now wearing my Titanium bracelet on her ankle on the "restless leg." She reports that the weird sensation making her leg uncomforatable is completely gone.

I also bought her some Phiten Titanium lotion from Amazon for twelve bucks. She put it on her arthritic joint and reported that the pain immediately ended. I will report back on this too. I'm willing to go down this path much farther and buy her Phiten work out clothing. She is a runner so perhaps it will help her with that as well.

Update March 10, 2009 (One Month and counting):

The Phiten necklace is still working it's effect on my wife. I bought her three more via Hong Kong on Ebay for 11 bucks total. Unfortunately, they are a gel type of material which pulls on her neck hair. I also got her the Phiten Titanium lotion from Amazon. She uses it on her one arthritic hand and it does the trick. The only thing now is that she has become very dependent on the Phiten necklaces and my Titanium bracelet. She likes being pain free and Restless Leg Syndrome free. So, when she takes them off for showering etc and forgets to put them back on she notices after about an hour that she is very uncomfortable. She is constantly forgetting to put them back on and starts complaining about her neck, back and legs. So, the effect doesn't carry over at all to when she is not wearing the items. She will put them back on and get almost immediate relief. If the necklace gets over her blouse or sock on her foot then the effect stops. That's it for now.

Update April 5th

The necklaces still have a definite effect, but we are now asking them to do a lot more that I don't think they can do. Two weeks ago my wife was hospitalized with a "Thunderclap" migraine which is not really a migraine at all. It's like the movie Scanners where the guy's head explodes. She was giving a presentation in Bethesda and it hit her in less than sixty seconds. She didn't have the necklace on in case anyone is interested, but it's not a talisman or anything so we never associated her attack with it. Anyhow, she had about every single test it is possible to give with neurologists etc. at Fairfax Hospital including the dreaded spinal puncture which the docs are convinced made the situation twice as bad. She still has the headache, but less dramatic and is at home now finally.

I am sending all her MRI, MRA, CTA, Angiogram etc. tests to a doctor at the Mayo Clinic tomorrow to get a final diagnosis. I am certain she has something called RCVS which you can look up if you are interested. It should be better in a couple months. We did find out though that the Air Force Doctors who cared for her back missed a herniated disk. They also told her she had Spina Bifida and mild scoliosis. So much for the pain being in her head according to the corrupt flight surgeon.

We are unchanged in our belief about the necklaces. They do not work miracles, but at times either completely eliminate or mitigate pain and restore mobility immediately.

So, please forgive me Coach Zorn for making fun of you and putting a Titanium stocking ad as part of my signature to mock you. I did try it though and kept an open mind. You were right.

They work better than advertized. My wife can't believe it. I can't believe it.

I'm sold. :)

My best friend is in a lot of pain from two bulging neck disk. I'm buying him one just on the chance that it helps him.

Appreciate the post. :applause:

I have some serious joint paint so I decided to try these. I bought 5 of them. One for each arm and leg, and then the necklace. I thought the more I used the more it would help. I was WRONG. At first I felt relaxed, but after about 4 hours I felt my muscles starting to contract. I went to take them off, but collapsed while I was walking to the chair. Ive had severe migraines ever since. Now I wont even wear one of them

I have some serious joint paint so I decided to try these. I bought 5 of them. One for each arm and leg, and then the necklace. I thought the more I used the more it would help. I was WRONG. At first I felt relaxed, but after about 4 hours I felt my muscles starting to contract. I went to take them off, but collapsed while I was walking to the chair. Ive had severe migraines ever since. Now I wont even wear one of them
I would think it's like taking a lot of Tylenol at once thinking it could get rid of pain faster. Not smart there :silly:

:rotflmao:

That's got to be one of the funniest posts I've read on ES! Well done my friend!

I swear by something called a Q-link. I saw Tiger Woods, Bill Gates, and a few other exceptional people wear them......and figured I would give it a try.

I haven't taken it off since.

Ok... I was the only one laughing probably on ES when Chris Cooley posted on his blog that Coach Zorn wore Phiten Titanium necklaces due to their "healing powers" and such. I wrote the Coach Blache note to players and sat snickering in front of my computer.

I have worn a titanium bracelet for a couple years I got off of Ebay and I like it because it is light and cool looking. It has a Romanesque type of pattern on the links.

Well...

My wife suffers from chronic neck pain and something called Restless Leg Syndrome which is no laughing matter since it keeps her up all night several nights a week. She is just miserable and has been looking into drugs that are used for Parkinsons disease to help her. She sits in the car and slaps her legs to get rid of the nagging sensation that has been there for years.

For Valentine's Day I ordered her a pink Phiten necklace that looks atrocious, but... hey what the hell. I thought I'd try it and see if it really worked. It cost me about twenty bucks off of Ebay.

Son a gun. It worked.

I just got it for her neck pain, but as soon as she put it on she felt dizzy and her knees felt weak. Then she said the pain in her neck was gone. Gone. Completely. We drove for several hours in the car and she told me that the Restless Leg Syndrome was completely gone. She's had it on for about eight hours now and it hasn't returned.

Please tell the mysterious "dark haired woman" that Cooley refers to that I can vouch for the results of wearing Phiten necklaces. They work better than advertized. My wife can't believe it. I can't believe it.

The power of placebo on weak minded fools

No, it does not work. Please do not try to invent new branches of Physics that simply do not exist.

No, it does not work. Please do not try to invent new branches of Physics that simply do not exist.

1 - Grow the hell up. You sound like a btter little child.

2 - This thread now needs a lock.

3- Regardless on wheter it actualy works or not, that neither gives you

the right nor the moral authority to speak like that.

4- There are plenty of things in this world you sound like would scoff at.

The world is flat....... We are the center of the universe....

5- No, Ive never used any of those things, nor do I know much about them.

I just dont like your attitude, especially you calling a woman you have never met a weak minded fool.

I dont even know the OP.

I see know why you are in the no new threads group.

Glad to hear that it worked.

I've got no problem believing in this stuff, just like I've got no problem with people believing in lucky numbers. Whatever it takes to help them perform better on Sunday. Hopefully they won't end up like A-Rod (or Dana Stubbifield) saying they needed some illegal performance enhancer. So if all it takes is an ugly necklace, then I'm in.

You're so tough.

Placebos work more because people expect and want them to work, not because the person's stupid. I'd figure a smart person would want to have faith in things if that meant having a better life?

wow, you certainly are a douche. how about you stay across the pond and stop posting, okay?

If she thinks it works, whether it does or not, that is all that really matters.

Archived