Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins ready to throw big money at Hall

kevincollateral

This is interesting.

Many people on this site believe that Darrell Green was as good as Deion.

They will tell you that interceptions aren't that big of a deal--that they are overrated.

Now that we actually have someone that can intercept the ball...not so much anymore.

McD if Deion didnt duck away from tackling people, UNLIKE DG, i would say Sanders was better, but we all know he was a puss*, therefor DG was better overall in my eyes. Interceptions arent the whole picture.

There may be some truth to that. Then again, it isn't really the job of a corner to tackle people. Unless your line, linebackers and safeties whiff.

There may be some truth to that. Then again, it isn't really the job of a corner to tackle people. Unless your line, linebackers and safeties whiff.

Maybe not but DG would stick his nose in there against anyone and was a great tackler, Deion? ehhh my grandmother could of tackled better :D, you know it, Deion knows it, the whole world knows it LOL

Deions career tackling stats 513

DG career tackling stats 1159

If the receiver who a corner is matched up against makes the catch, then I would hope that corner would be able to tackle that receiver without giving up any YAC, or whiffing on a tackle and allowing the receiver to get past him.

Maybe not but DG would stick his nose in there against anyone and was a great tackler, Deion? ehhh my grandmother could of tackled better :D, you know it, Deion knows it, the whole world knows it LOL

He has a funny quote about that somewhere....trying to locate it.

Something to the effect of, if a cornerback is a good tackler, then he isn't a great cornerback.

If the receiver who a corner is matched up against makes the catch, then I would hope that corner would be able to tackle that receiver without giving up any YAC, or whiffing on a tackle and allowing the receiver to get past him.

Of course. Or even better, never allow him to catch it. Or intercept it before he does.

Of course. Or even better, never allow him to catch it. Or intercept it before he does.

Well that's a given, but if the receiver makes the catch then the corner has to be able to tackle him for no gain. The corner can't be afraid to make contact and allow the receiver to get by him.

He has a funny quote about that somewhere....trying to locate it.

Something to the effect of, if a cornerback is a good tackler, then he isn't a great cornerback.

Tackling is still a quality that's good for any defensive player, regardless if they're a CB. I also see what Deion is trying to say when saying that, but D. Green's career tackles sure as hell ain't against people that he was always covering.

Tackling is still a quality that's good for any defensive player, regardless if they're a CB. I also see what Deion is trying to say when saying that, but D. Green's career tackles sure as hell ain't against people that he was always covering.

No argument here. DG saved a lot of touchdowns for us.

Deion did have to make some "business decisions" in his career. Funny that it was Darrell that ended up playing longer. :D

Both were great.....I do think to be fair, that it is probably safe to say that we aren't about to make D Hall one of the highest paid corners in the league because he is a tremendous locker room presence, or because he is a great tackler.

The dollars kind of show what is valued most at that position.

We are truly one of the dumbest FOs in the NFL if we give Hall a contract anywhere close to the one he got from the Raiders. Let alone one worth MORE.

The stupidity involved is multiplied by 100 if we then lose Rogers because of this.

buckle up!

Archived