Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins ready to throw big money at Hall

kevincollateral

they need to resign both hall and rogers

springs is worth keeping around at a lower salary but thats it, cut him if he wont take a paycut. his health issues ruin his value.

smoot...as much as I love the personality,he's not worth the contract. he has the contract of a #2 corner but is the 4th best corner on the team.

Does the name Darryl Gardener ring a bell. He also auditioned in a Skins uniform and showed that he was an elite player... until he got a huge contract and was never any good again. Do you wish we had thrown big money at him?

It's not "period. The End"... It will be "Period. The End." several years from now and I'm confident that this is a mistake.

You're stepping up Darryl Gardener? He'd had a history of back injuries and was never any good again because he could never stay healthy (and because he got really fat). Just b/c we played that one perfectly -- he was enormous for us that year and we let Denver (the great front office, remember them?) sign him and watch him break down, doesn't mean the same scenario applies here.

Hall is young, healthy, and really good.

Hall is one of the best cornerbacks to come out of the draft in the past few years. He was something like the eighth overall pick and on the level of the Cromarties. He's worth what a pick of that level is worth paying. No more no less. If we do him like we did Arrington or Portis that would be not so good a deal. We get so many crappy free agents on this team, we would be better off paying a GOOD one a little more than taking our loss on some other bust liek Archuletta. We got a half season out of the guy for nothing. Give him the back pay he would have earned if we paid full price and call it good.

This is interesting.

Many people on this site believe that Darrell Green was as good as Deion.

They will tell you that interceptions aren't that big of a deal--that they are overrated.

Now that we actually have someone that can intercept the ball...not so much anymore.

I wouldn't say that because I think Hall is important to keep means I believe Deion was a better corner than Darrell. Interceptions aren't overrated.

However, dropped interceptions are a major issue. We now have a guy who can catch them in DeAngelo Hall. He's valuable to us at the moment.

I'd say he's the most important corner for us to make sure is signed right now.

But I'd still say Darrell was better than Deion.

are you serious? the salary cap is gone after this coming season

Not forever, there's a chance it might not be in place for 2010. As soon as there's a renewal of the CBA, there will be a salary cap again. One of two things will happen.

1. No salary cap in 2010, with it coming back in 2011

2. Issues are resolved and there is a salary cap in 2010 as well as future years

Interesting Hog Heaven article: http://www.hogshaven.com/2009/2/13/758383/redskins-outsider-offers-i

If I read this right the Skins can make a decision on these guys after next season that could positively impact the team. Is this evidence of a good decision by Vinny and Danny? If there is no cap in 2010, then all the dead cap space in the world would not matter. So if they get cut after next season, the $9-10 million bones of dead cap space matters not.

Thoughts.....

Hall is one of the best cornerbacks to come out of the draft in the past few years. He was something like the eighth overall pick and on the level of the Cromarties. He's worth what a pick of that level is worth paying. No more no less. If we do him like we did Arrington or Portis that would be not so good a deal. We get so many crappy free agents on this team, we would be better off paying a GOOD one a little more than taking our loss on some other bust liek Archuletta. We got a half season out of the guy for nothing. Give him the back pay he would have earned if we paid full price and call it good.

I'd prefer to pay him based on his body of worth in the NFL rather than college.

Think of it this way. A great season for a corner is 10 interceptions. 10 interceptions easily gets you into the pro bowl. 10 interceptions is less than one a game. A corner needs to be able to tackle.

And if the guy who had 10 Ints also gave up 10 long receptions or TD's then he isn't worth more than the guy who can tackle and only gave up 2 long receptions and only had 2 Int's.

It's better to NOT give up big plays than to make an interception and then give up 6 later. That was Deion early in his career and Hall so far as well.

I think that more than anything, Deion benefited from playing on great defenses later in his career because he gave up a **** load of long TD's during his time in Atlanta. He padded Rice' stats just about every time I saw them play and I lived in Cali at the time so I saw all the NFC West games. Ellard and Anderson loved him as well.

Archived