Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's Get Bart Scott

Chiefinonhaze

great thought. I would like him.

I don't know how the money thing would work out though. We really just need solid depth there. My issue with washington is his injuries. Bart Scott hasn't been injured to my knowledge. I'm sure if Snyder wanted to he could just say "ehhhh...I want Bart Scott today." and POOF...

hes a system LB. dont get him which means we probably will

Yeah. Scott won't be as good outside of Baltimore. He benefits from having Lewis and Suggs with him. Ed Hartwell ring a bell? Had 100 tackles a season for Ravens, then left in FA, started only played 13 games and was out of the league in 2 years.

He will want $$$$$. I think he is an excellent LB, but historically, Ravens defensive players that have left, have done poorly wherever they went. Scheme? Perhaps. But he will want too much.

This is a great point...

Also with him AND Fletcher being older, we would HAVE to draft another LB for the future... (I am glad Blades has time to learn from L. Fletch though!)

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight - because all of the LBs (and defenders in general) who have left Baltimore have gone on to do amazing things.

Scott, more than anyone else on that defense, is a product of his surrounding talent. In fact, that defense as a whole can be make as an example of the tremendous difference that a monster DT can make to the unit as a whole. Ngata is a freaking BEAST - best DT in the NFL IMO, and the whole unit started playing lights out after his addition a few years ago. All of a sudden Ray magically got his game back, nobody can run the football on them, the Corners were great again, Reed being a freak, etc.

i really dont think alot of u have even watched bart scott play. Dude is an animal and brings it every single play. Last time ive seen a linebacker show emotion like he does is sadly to say probably lavar arrington. He would help our defense greatly and is only 28. I want him and Rey the linebacker from USC. Why dont we just run a 3-4 i dont get that. We have no line, so why not run a 3-4?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHIXQzY-TEw&feature=related

owned

i really dont think alot of u have even watched bart scott play. Dude is an animal and brings it every single play. Last time ive seen a linebacker show emotion like he does is sadly to say probably lavar arrington. He would help our defense greatly and is only 28. I want him and Rey the linebacker from USC. Why dont we just run a 3-4 i dont get that. We have no line, so why not run a 3-4?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHIXQzY-TEw&feature=related

owned

Actually - I've seen every snap of his NFL career, and I'll say it again - he's not going to look like Bart Scott outside of Baltimore. I love his fight, and his emotion, but at some point you need more. He's not a weak link by any mean, but he would come here and likely be very average. With the other glaring holes on this team, Bart Scott would NOT be money well spent.

Archived