Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Transformers 2 trailer(HD).

PresidentClinton07

Man what an awesome movie, I loved it. So much action and it was paced really well so it didn't slow down to much.

As far as the "racist robots", if people think they were racist, then they are looking to get offended about something. They were just dummies, hell they sounded more like wanna be's than sounding black. Jazz from the first movie sounded black. As a black man, they didn't bother me one bit.

The film was paced terribly. I don't know how you judge "pace", but when I see random shots of robots fighting cut to some sort of comic relief then cut to a slow motion shot of someone running. It all just looks like a mess to me.

The robots weren't racist but their dialog became uncomfortable because they kept reverting back to jokes involving stereotypes. And to call them irritating and unbearable would be a vast understatement.

What an awful movie. I usually love these kinds of movies and my

bar is VERY low. I would have walked out if my youngest did

not want to stay. I am still mad I paid good money to see this.

Didn't think it was as good as the first one. Too many attempts to be funny (that mostly failed). The battle scenes were the only really good parts. Thought they could've chopped about an hour and several characters out and made it much better.

Severely pissed that this movie sucked so bad.

I saw it in IMAX while I was in Vegas this weekend. What a waste. The first hour was excellent but the last hour and a half of it was so bad that I can't even explain it to you right now.

This could have been a great movie but it just wasn't.

Severely pissed that this movie sucked so bad.

I saw it in IMAX while I was in Vegas this weekend. What a waste. The first hour was excellent but the last hour and a half of it was so bad that I can't even explain it to you right now.

This could have been a great movie but it just wasn't.

pretty much how i feel. redskins0756 summed it up pretty well too.

did anyone else sit in a packed theatre and have to listen to people laughing at some of the worst lines in the movie? people were laughing so hard they were literally crying and all I could do is cringe. you would have thought richard pryor was doing stand up the way the audience was reacting.

I wasn't going to see this to begin with but my friend saw it and said it was terrible.

The rest is in ninja in case you don't want to read the spoilers:

He said that there were fewer robot scenes than the first, he also said that there were two robots that were supposed to be talking all thuggish or something? But their personification came off as kind of racist. Apparently one of the robots had testicles? Two wrecking balls supposedly, he said it was pretty lame.

He also mentioned that the editing was horrible. He said at one point some people go into the Smithsonian and leave through the backdoor only to be in a desert? Can anyone confirm this stuff? Sounds atrocious IMO.

I saw it this past weekend and WOW. I've learned to go into movies with very little expectations but this was a new low. I would have even been fine with all the awfulness if it wasn't for Megan Fox's swollen lips. I'm off the Megan Fox bandwagon now after seeing that botoxed barbie doll.

I felt like I was the one being assaulted in the movie. I've never flipped off a movie before but when Michael Bay's name rolled up on the credits I had to give him the bird.

I wasn't going to see this to begin with but my friend saw it and said it was terrible.

The rest is in ninja in case you don't want to read the spoilers:

He said that there were fewer robot scenes than the first, he also said that there were two robots that were supposed to be talking all thuggish or something? But their personification came off as kind of racist. Apparently one of the robots had testicles? Two wrecking balls supposedly, he said it was pretty lame.

He also mentioned that the editing was horrible. He said at one point some people go into the Smithsonian and leave through the backdoor only to be in a desert? Can anyone confirm this stuff? Sounds atrocious IMO.

I can confirm what you wrote.

The robots who a lot of people say are racist...I found them more annoying than anything else...I couldn't get past how annoying they were. Apparently the people behind this felt the need to top Jar-Jar Binks in the annoying & useless character department...they came very close to succeeding when they do a 3rd one leave them out of it.

Overall I enjoyed it...I took it for what it was....a summertime movie and on that level I enjoyed it.

What I was really surprised by...for as long as it was (almost 2 & a 1/2 hours) my 5 year old son pretty much sat still and hardly spoke. The only thing he asked a few times was, "When is Optimus Prime going to be back?" I was asking that same question myself.

Hopefully the 3rd movie will have more Optimus Prime & Megatron battles...and no annoying twins.

The robots who a lot of people say are racist...I found them more annoying than anything else...I couldn't get past how annoying they were. Apparently the people behind this felt the need to top Jar-Jar Binks in the annoying & useless character department...they came very close to succeeding when they do a 3rd one leave them out of it.

That's funny you mention the Jar Jar comparison ECU, that's another point my friend made about those two characters.

Just got back from a 10pm showing of it.

I thought Michael Bay was bad, but people please save your money this time and do not go see this film. The entire movie is a visual effects spectacle with absolutely no plot, any ounce of good acting, or coherent direction. Now a film can still be "enjoyable" even if it lacks these things, but even the visual effects started to irritate me. The Decepticons all looked the same boring grayish tint, the explosions were distracting, and it was essentially a commercial for GM although this time it got more irritating than the first film (if you could believe that).

The attempt at comedy was just juvenile and every line made me cringe. Megan Fox wasn't as dazzling as in the first film and I felt her screen time diminished. The two red and green Autobots were incredibly irritating and did not have one single funny line, despite their at least 20 attempts at racial humor. Why Bay felt it was necessary for the robots to talk more than they did in the first one baffles me, because the criticism of the first film I had and a lot of other people had was them speaking. Also the movie is listed as 2 hours and 24 minutes but it will seem much longer when you sit through it.

Overall one of the most disappointing films I've had to sit through. I thought finally Michael Bay had started something good when he made Transformers in 2007. Boy was I wrong. He decided to scrap the plot, acting, and coherent direction that were in the first and instead create an overblown uninteresting action film that was like having someone bang pots and pans over your head while driving 60mph with the top down in a convertible.

Just a terrible film and how anyone liked it beyond possibly the visual effects is incomprehensible.

I agree with what you're saying but you have to remember that this was the same director who gave us "The Island."

If you saw Bad Boys 2, then you saw that it was not as good as the first one. Why should Transformers 2 have been different in any regards?

That's funny you mention the Jar Jar comparison ECU, that's another point my friend made about those two characters.

All the stuff that everyone had been saying made me think of Jar-Jar and I thought, "Can't be that bad." Well I was wrong on that one.

I have one question...is it an unwritten rule that when Megan Fox runs it must be filmed in slow-motion? It was like when Denise Richards was in the James Bond movie as a Nuclear Scientist (:doh: talk about suspension of disbelief)...if she was wearing a tank-top suddenly the shirt would get wet...it was to the point I was wondering if there was a divining rod in her chest.

All the stuff that everyone had been saying made me think of Jar-Jar and I thought, "Can't be that bad." Well I was wrong on that one.

I have one question...is it an unwritten rule that when Megan Fox runs it must be filmed in slow-motion? It was like when Denise Richards was in the James Bond movie as a Nuclear Scientist (:doh: talk about suspension of disbelief)...if she was wearing a tank-top suddenly the shirt would get wet...it was to the point I was wondering if there was a divining rod in her chest.

Lol, I know what you mean. They must've spent all of the editing time on Megan's running scenes.

Lol, I know what you mean. They must've spent all of the editing time on Megan's running scenes.

Yeah I can just see a lot of the guys sitting around bored and someone yelling, "Hey they're editing Megan's running scenes" and everyone sprinting to the editing room.

Overall I enjoyed it...I took it for what it was....a summertime movie and on that level I enjoyed it.

What I was really surprised by...for as long as it was (almost 2 & a 1/2 hours) my 5 year old son pretty much sat still and hardly spoke. The only thing he asked a few times was, "When is Optimus Prime going to be back?" I was asking that same question myself.

Hopefully the 3rd movie will have more Optimus Prime & Megatron battles...and no annoying twins.

Twins didn't bother me at all, in fact I thought some of their lines were pretty funny like when they called Sam's roomate a P****. Most of the good humor they had was directed at him. They could have taken him out completely though. The sector 7 guy should have had a different role. But I like him and the parents too. Bay did say he was trying to make this more about the robots than about the people. Some of the robots could have been introduced better though...Sideswipe, RC and Jolt. I had no idea who he was at all. I had to look up sideswipe and Jolt to find out who they were.

The reason they ended up in the desert (from the Smithsonian) was because Jetfire opened up a wormhole. Not sure how your friend missed that - since Jetfire repeated it a few times.

I can't see why people go into these movies with any expectations of a plot or good dialogue. I went to see the movie to see the action and I enjoyed the movie for what it was - fluff.

I can't see why people go into these movies with any expectations of a plot or good dialogue. I went to see the movie to see the action and I enjoyed the movie for what it was - fluff.

Exactly! Enjoy it for that alone...don't go into this expecting to see "The Dark Knight meets Saving Private Ryan."

In the grand scheme of movies...I didn't feel like I got ripped off.

Best of all seeing my 5 year old son just enthralled during the final battle or seeing him smile everytime either Optimus or Bumblebee were on the screen...that was worth the price of admission for me.

ECU,

See..you get it. No one will even accuse Michael Bay of being Scorsese. Why should he? He likes to produce big action fun movies whose plot may or may not make sense.

If you expected the story to stay online with the mythos of the Transformers universe - sorry - it wasn't going to happen.

i tried to accept the movie for what it was (and lowered my standards exponentially before seeing it) but it was still torture watching that thing. i couldn't wait for it to end.

and i know its supposed to be a kids movie but it hardly seemed appropriate for kids under 10

i know its supposed to be a kids movie but it hardly seemed appropriate for kids under 10

I had that thought at first and I wondered if I should take my 5 year old to see it. I told my wife that I wasn't going to take him to it because of some of the things I heard about...but she was the one who said, "How many times have we let him see 'Blazzing Saddles'?"

I figured it couldn't be worse than that.

Besides while he liked the movie...all the action figures are what he wants...I have a feeling a lot of them are going to be end up under the Christmas tree this year.

No one will even accuse Michael Bay of being Scorsese. Why should he? He likes to produce big action fun movies whose plot may or may not make sense.

I haven't actually seen this movie so I can't criticize it fairly. But I hear people say what you're saying all the time. "Turn off your brain." "Lower your expectations." etc. etc.

But I'm not buying into that type of thinking. It's entirely possible to make a big, fun, action movie that doesn't sport complete garbage for dialogue or a plot. Not many of these kinds of movies come out these days of course.

I'm not some kind of movie snob either, I don't watch the small-budget foreign pictures that film nerds get obsessed over, but I do expect to be entertained if I spend my money and time to watch someone's movie. It seems that an interesting plot/dialogue just doesn't happen much for me anymore though.

People willing to go drop $10+ per movie ticket to see 90 minutes of cookie-cutter trash are doing nothing but encouraging directors to be lazy IMO. Again, I'm not talking about this movie in particular, I'm speaking generally.

Archived