Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade Rogers or not?

Thinking Skins

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm seeing this issue discussed a lot in other threads and it was discussed initially when Springs brought it up and when JLC brought it up.

Still I've been thinking about this issue and I'm a bit confused. This site is full of people who say that we're supposed to build a team from the lines out. But I'm also seeing a coalition building saying that they don't want Rogers traded.

This brings me to the immediate question:

If trading Rogers could get us a legitimate DT, OL, (or OLB for those who say this is our weakest spot), would you do it?

What if instead of bringing us a veteran player at the suggested position, it brought us a 2nd round pick to use at the suggested position?

I said No but it really depends on the player being traded to us. As a general rule I never answer vague hypotetical questions like the one proposed in the affermative because if you said one guy that I might say yes to you might say another I would say no to. So really depends on the player being discussed

That's an interesting proposal. I think Rogers and Hall make a great duo. But if we could get a very decent pick or a decent DL/OL trade, I would say go for it. We could eek out another season w/ Springs/Smoot at CB and Hall opposite them. A decent pass rush would give a mediocre defensive secondary some room to breath.

No, he showed last season he can shut down #1 WR's, and he's our most dependable and reliable DB. If we can re-sign Hall and then re-sign Rogers sometime this year, then we'll have our DB set for a good long time. Hopefully we release Springs unless he is willing to take a massive pay cut, and make Rogers our #1, and Hall our #2.

I think you gotta keep him. If anyone should go it should be shawn springs. We can just draft young talent on the lines if thats what we want and it would be dumb to trade a probowl caliber corner for a second round pick. He was selected in the first round a few years back how smart would it be to trade him for a second round pick to take a chance on drafting a bust when we already have a proven player.

I say keep Rogers and cut springs or put him at FS and move laron back to SS.

No, he showed last season he can shut down #1 WR's, and he's our most dependable and reliable DB. If we can re-sign Hall and then re-sign Rogers sometime this year, then we'll have our DB set for a good long time. Hopefully we release Springs unless he is willing to take a massive pay cut, and make Rogers our #1, and Hall our #2.

But maybe we can get another Champ Bailey type deal - except this time come out as the obvious victors....

I said no. For some reason, I really love our first round draft picks from '05, in JC and Los. I can't really see them on another team, and would be sad if they were to leave.

Well if Campbell doesn't lead the Skins to the playoffs this upcoming season, I don't think he'll be retained. It's sad that we'll never get to see or know what Campbell's potential could have been. If only we could have left an offensive system in for more than 2 years, instead of hiring a new o-coordinator every year and having them bring in a new scheme with them.

But maybe we can get another Champ Bailey type deal - except this time come out as the obvious victors....

I don't think Rogers is on the level Bailey was a few years ago, I think at best we're looking at a mid-to-low 2nd round draft pick for Rogers. I don't think we're able to trade him for another superstar player, unless we trade Rogers and a 1st round pick for a guy like Boldin, or even worse Ocho Cinco. This sad thing is the FO would probably make that trade.

I don't think Rogers is on the level Bailey was a few years ago, I think at best we're looking at a mid-to-low 2nd round draft pick for Rogers. I don't think we're able to trade him for another superstar player, unless we trade Rogers and a 1st round pick for a guy like Boldin, or even worse Ocho Cinco. This sad thing is the FO would probably make that trade.

Oh, he's nowhere near Bailey's level of a few years ago. But I'm not necessarily saying that we need a guy like Portis back though.

I was thinking more about guys who might be in contract disputes or maybe are in a log-jam at a position and don't want to be the backup. I figure there are probably some people out there who would be willing to part with some of these players before their contract is up. The thing that makes me doubt such a move is possible is that GMs may realize that teams are built from the lines out, and be less willing to trade those quality players.

I said no but I don't think we NEED to keep him. It depends on what happens with free agency and other moves (like cuts), really. If we decide to let Springs go then I think we keep Rogers to start opposite Hall. If we don't re-sign Hall then we will need Carlos and Springs. If we don't cut Springs then maybe we can get a pick for Carlos.

I think is just approaching his potential last year and we have the opportunity to have Hall, Rogers, Smoot and Horton in our secondary for the next 5 to 8 years.

That said, I think every player should be available at the right price. I wouldnt want to give him up for anything less than a 1st tho

I said no.

Why weaken one area in an attempt to make another better and its not going to be a probowl lineman?

This zero sum gain nonsense has to stop.

The guy rebounded quickly from major knee surgery that takes two years for a person to be at pre surgery levels plays at an excellant level for a team with no pass rush that for some reason fans here can't see.

If the skins foolishly move him as they did Ryan Clark I'll just wish him luck and success where he lands then roll my eyes if he goes to a team with a credible defensive line.

With our luck he'll go to the pokes in 2010 and do what pacman couldn't.

Archived