Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We need to love Don Banks

wilco_holland

Hell yea...this would be a great draft for us.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/01/22/mock2/index.html

13redskins_45.gifDTB.J. RajiBoston CollegeSr.6-1323The Redskins need talent injections on both lines, and they easily could go for an offensive tackle like Jason Smith of Baylor with this pick. But Raji would also be a nice get for a defensive line that made far too little impact in 2008. Raji is more than just a space-eating run-stuffer. He has surprising agility and has shown the ability to penetrate the backfield and make plays behind the line of scrimmage

Best Part is that next to B.J. also Jason Smith and Everette Brown are afailble. If this would be the draft, we can't pick the wrong guy.

This pick would not bother me at all. I would rather spend it on a quality (or potential quality) DT than on the Offensive line. Go OL in round 3.

You're right. Let's address a Luxury instead of addressing a need.

And next year, when Campbell is on his ass all year again, and Portis rushes for 60 yards a game, we can place the blame on Campbell being woeful, Portis running his mouth, and Zorn having no scheme.

But hey, hopefully Raji will be the first DT to get 15 sacks in one season! Course, even if he does, it won't matter, because we'll simply get owned by TEs who HB Blades will have to cover, but its not like OLB or OL are needs.

You think that a high end DT would be a luxury??? No, it is a NEED.

Especially because looking at potential free agents on the market this year, there is more potential to upgrade our OL via FA than our DL. I'm not saying ignore the O-line in the draft, but taking Raji at 13 would by no means be a stupid move.

Especially because looking at potential free agents on the market this year, there is more potential to upgrade our OL via FA than our DL. I'm not saying ignore the O-line in the draft, but taking Raji at 13 would by no means be a stupid move.

It is definitely not a need.

By definition, a Need would be something we couldn't go without.

We CAN'T go without a quality OL who isn't 30. Youth and Quality are pretty damn desperate right now.

We CAN'T go without an OLB who isn't terribly unathletic. HB Blades is awfully suited for OLB. Washington is gone, and that leaves nobody competent to play OLB.

We could suffice at DT. We definitely could use an upgrade, but as compared to OL and OLB, its simply a luxury. Overall, it requires an addition to our rotation, since Griffin isn't as solid as he used to be.

He tends to be off at times, he was pimpin Jamaal Anderson hard....and he has 2 sacks in 2 seasons lol

];6073733']It is definitely not a need.

By definition' date=' a Need would be something we couldn't go without.

We CAN'T go without a quality OL who isn't 30. Youth and Quality are pretty damn desperate right now.

We CAN'T go without an OLB who isn't terribly unathletic. HB Blades is awfully suited for OLB. Washington is gone, and that leaves nobody competent to play OLB.

We could suffice at DT. We definitely could use an upgrade, but as compared to OL and OLB, its simply a luxury. Overall, it requires an addition to our rotation, since Griffin isn't as solid as he used to be.[/quote']

Like I said, I think we'll try to pick up an O-lineman or 2 in FA. Then we can draft one or 2 more with later picks if we go for Raji in the 1st.

As far as OLB, I honestly think one of our options here might be a healthy Jason Taylor. That would give us another year before we need to spend either high picks or FA $ on a linebacker.

I do agree that we could get by at DT for another year or so, but depending on how we do in FA, if Raji is available at 13, I'd hate to see us passing up on him.

Who's that? I'm not huge into college football, and it puts me at a disadvantage every year around draft time.

He'll be a sophomore this coming year at Miami. Played as a true freshman and made the all ACC freshman team. Here's some footage of him, he has a motor and can lay some wood

It's a vid while he's still in high school, not too much Hurricanes highlights of him online, he's a monster though

];6073697']You're right. Let's address a Luxury instead of addressing a need.

And next year' date=' when Campbell is on his ass all year again, and Portis rushes for 60 yards a game, we can place the blame on Campbell being woeful, Portis running his mouth, and Zorn having no scheme.

But hey, hopefully Raji will be the first DT to get 15 sacks in one season! Course, even if he does, it won't matter, because we'll simply get owned by TEs who HB Blades will have to cover, but its not like OLB or OL are needs.[/quote']

While I agree with a lot of what you are saying here, but DT is a BIG need as well. DT's do not get 12 sacks, but they keep the QB from stepping up and allow the DE's to get sacks..... I would rather draft OL and find a DT and LB in later rounds though. Or a LB in FA.

Archived