Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Neighbor troubles

Drop

Drop,

I would forgo the trespassing charge for now. I'd talk to the guy man to man and tell him that he has spooked your family and it is best if he doesn't come on your property any more.

If he comes on your property after that, escalate.

I agree with this....like you said in your OP, approach him when he's sober and just have a talk with him. Take it from there

Hey thanks everyone, I appreciate all the responses and suggestions.

i actually left work to go check on the house at lunch, and i wasn't even there 5 minutes when the guy comes knocking on the door. He banged on it pretty hard and then started twisting on the knob, just like my wife said he did last night.

I wasn't about to open the door for this dude so i opened up a window and told him that i wanted him to get off my property, and if he didn't i was going to call the police. He started to act like "well what's the problem man" and i just said, "i don't wanna get into it, i want you to leave now. You need to stay over at your house, and i'll stay at my house, and we won't have anymore problems." So again he's like, "but dude", and then i reached for my phone and he was like "fine man i'm going".

So i don't know if he'll come back, or try anything else, but i at least formally let him know that i don't want him around. My wife is out today, and i get home before she does so i can make sure things are cool when she and my son are coming in.

As some of you mentioned, talking to him when he's sober is what i wanted to do. and i don't think he was drunk yet when i told him to get off my property just a couple hours ago, so hopefully he heeds my warning and stays away. i don't know if this guy is the type that would get drunk and forget what i told him, but i'd be inclined to say that he might, because i had a friend who looked into this dude's criminal record and it's like 5 pages long. Just about everything you can think of on there, so i'm guessing this fool's judgement isn't the greatest.

G.A.C.O.L.B, what you said about him hating himself and having no friends....i'm pretty sure you're dead on about that. which is why i never tried being a jerk to this guy, i just knew i didn't want to associate with him. But yes, i presume that's exactly his problem, no family that likes him, no friends, he's a major a-hole to everyone in his life.

as for a big dog, i have a pitbull mix...she's not very intimidating however, lol. she's more like the sweetest thing in the world. loud bark, but once she meets you once, she's your best friend.

as for informing the landlord, that might not be a bad idea if i could get that information. however the landlord is pretty old from what neighbors have told me, and she actually used to live in the house. when she lived there, her sons were always getting in trouble with drugs and stuff. Two seperate neighbors have told me that that house attracts bad seeds. All three people who have lived there have constantly had problems with the police.

Thanks again for all the helpful insight. I guess i'll just let things lay as they are and see how things go the next few days unless i get home and my wife is still really uncomfortable, then perhaps we'll go to the magistrate. Right now, i feel like he might be smart enough to leave well enough alone. i just hope giving this guy the benefit of the doubt doesn't turn out for the worse.

be prepared for something once he gets drunk tonight. he won't listen to what you said today and he will be back and most likely confrontational. i would talk to your cop neighbor now about it and ask him if he can keep an eye out as well as you tonight.

is the guy big or something? not to say I condone violence (which i do) but maybe this next time won't just be a conversation from you to him. if he is drunk he is going to be more aggressive and could end up being violent.

One of my neighbors was a kid dealing drugs, living with his older parents. He was never anything than completely polite to me and my family. I figured that he was pretty stupid, so it was only a matter of time until he got nailed and went to jail. I never did anything more than wait and keep a wary eye on him. Eventually he got caught and is in jail. Make it clear to your neighbor that you do not want him coming around if he is using, and let it go at that. Eventually he'll dig his own grave and you will not have created any enemies.

If you don't want to shoot the guy like everyone else suggests, keep a softball or baseball bat by the door just in case. If you're lucky, that's all you should need.

I feel for you though. Mean, drunk people are the worst. Particularly the mentally unstable ones. Props to you though, you have more patience than me. I would have snapped already.

As some of you mentioned, talking to him when he's sober is what i wanted to do. and i don't think he was drunk yet when i told him to get off my property just a couple hours ago, so hopefully he heeds my warning and stays away. i don't know if this guy is the type that would get drunk and forget what i told him, but i'd be inclined to say that he might, because i had a friend who looked into this dude's criminal record and it's like 5 pages long. Just about everything you can think of on there, so i'm guessing this fool's judgement isn't the greatest.

I wouldnt be worried about him getting drunk and FORGETTING what you told him. I'd be worried about him getting drunk and GETTING ANGRY about what you told him. :2cents:

Breaking and entering, assault and battery, 3 DUI's, obstruction of justice, all sorts of traffic violations. about the only things i didn't see were rape and murder. and apparently, according to his crackhead wife, he killed a guy over in Irongate across from Manassas Mall and got away with it due to "self defense". I don't know if it's true or not, but it's what she claims.

Breaking and entering, assault and battery, 3 DUI's, obstruction of justice, all sorts of traffic violations. about the only things i didn't see were rape and murder. and apparently, according to his crackhead wife, he killed a guy over in Irongate across from Manassas Mall and got away with it due to "self defense". I don't know if it's true or not, but it's what she claims.

Wow...just move!

Forget about what all these guys are telling you about resorting to violence. Thats just ridiculous unless you are defending yourself. And could get you into trouble as well. What you did today was definitly what you should have done and might keep him at bay for a while. If he ever does come back.....I would just do more of the same.

Damn dude. Seriously, if you don't own any firearms, consider it. If you've never shot a gun or whatever, I'm in Fairfax and I wouldn't mind showing you the ropes.

Forget about what all these guys are telling you about resorting to violence. Thats just ridiculous unless you are defending yourself. And could get you into trouble as well. What you did today was definitly what you should have done and might keep him at bay for a while. If he ever does come back.....I would just do more of the same.

the problem with this is that you are asking him to live up to rules that this drunk dude may not. you want him to go in with open hands and he could end up with a black eye.

if that guy comes back to your door you need to be prepared for the worst.

the problem with this is that you are asking him to live up to rules that this drunk dude may not. you want him to go in with open hands and he could end up with a black eye.

if that guy comes back to your door you need to be prepared for the worst.

Absolutely be prepared.....but dont use anything unless its a complete last resort. Things could get ugly, the more agressive the OP becomes....and it could put his wife in danger as well.

Absolutely be prepared.....but dont use anything unless its a complete last resort. Things could get ugly, the more agressive the OP becomes....and it could put his wife in danger as well.

Also- You never know how the law can work against you. Pop this douche with a bat or something and he could end up owning everything you have.

he steps foot on your property and you tell him to leave. he doesnt and you are forced to make him leave.

you call the cops and its just going continue to make him more and more angry.

WOW. lock up tight brotha

he steps foot on your property and you tell him to leave. he doesnt and you are forced to make him leave.

you call the cops and its just going continue to make him more and more angry.

Something tells me if he comes on his property and he swings a loisville slugger to his dome and knocks him senseless there might be some reprocussions. Reguardless of the situation.

The cops are going to be like "couldnt you have just called us instead of putting him on life support?"

I know it sounds harsh, but move. If you can't do that I would work within the law by getting a restraining order and monitoring him and if he does anything threatening call the police.

After enough times, the police will take care of matters being tired of having to come out all the time and handle this guy for being disruptive.

2 to the chest 1 to the head if he breaks inside of your house, he will not bother you again then. :D

It sounds like this guy is not going to leave you alone, for whatever reason. I would get the trespassing notice put on his ass. That way if he comes back he will got to jail, and that should violate his probation. Good luck.

...After enough times, the police will take care of matters being tired of having to come out all the time and handle this guy for being disruptive.

Start with a really good front and back door, that you should have any way. Keep an ordinary item with some heft (flashlight,hammer) near each door. A baseball bat can seem premeditated. Does your dog bark if someone is walking around on your property? If not, get another dog! All that matters is that it barks. Do you have a homeowners association? Share your concerns with your neighbors. These are routine things you can do to give yourself piece of mind.

Once you are confident that your family is secure, take the path of least resistance. Be brief if he tries to have any contact with you. Stay away, and let him put himself back in jail. If he is on your property, call the police. Every time. The police will tire of this very quickly and end it. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

That being said, if he, or anyone breaks down your door, hit them in the head with your handy nearby hefty item.:hammer: Hard.

You were in fear for your life and just reacted. Good Luck and remember the Boy Scout motto: Be Prepared.

Something tells me if he comes on his property and he swings a loisville slugger to his dome and knocks him senseless there might be some reprocussions. Reguardless of the situation.

The cops are going to be like "couldnt you have just called us instead of putting him on life support?"

I had a dude try to come to my door and get in and I came at him with a bat. when the cops came I had the bat sitting right next to the door and the cops said "you did the right thing by calling us" and told me that if he was coming in my place I had the right to defend myself.

Now if you chase him back to his place with the bat and beat him down on his front lawn thats a different story. But busting him in the knee or dome when he is coming thru your front door isnt wrong. Its defending your castle and your family. I will go to jail all day every day before I let some drunk ******* come in and take a risk of my family being injured.

Archived