Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Name a more disappointing franchise

acason5

Bears, Raiders, and Eagles have all won a divisional playoff game. Redskins have not.

I would agree with the Niners. The thing about the Cowboys is, they've put themselves in great position on multiple occasions. They've won the division. They've had a 13-win season. They've swept the Redskins multiple seasons. They've hosted a post-season game at home. We can laugh at their lack of post-season wins, but they've enjoyed a post-season bye week, which is as good or better than a wildcard win.

I agree mark. the boys, on paper, look to be failures. but I think their problems appear to generate more from their FO and how it undermines the coaching staff.

at the end of the day....who cares what the best or worst teams achieve. the only thing that counts is what the Skins have done for the last 16 years. and that, my friend (as Horatio would say on CSI!), is what counts.

I am trying to think of a more disappointing franchise considering we have a very loyal fanbase and a very wealthy, profitable organization. It seems that every other team in any sport that has this type of franchise, has won a title or has had some decent success. It is funny how people react when I make the point that the Redskins have been the richest sports franchise for a while(until recently because of the Cowboys). They think I'm lying because I'm a fan. Is there another franchise that is as disappointing?

Just still venting a bit from the season I guess. Sorry for being a downer.

UH...I think the Skins have won a title before, but let me double check, do a little research, and I will get back to you. It's the well thought out threads/comments like these on this site, and newspapers accross this country, that confirm we are a Country of idiots!

:hammer:

I am trying to think of a more disappointing franchise considering we have a very loyal fanbase and a very wealthy, profitable organization. It seems that every other team in any sport that has this type of franchise, has won a title or has had some decent success. It is funny how people react when I make the point that the Redskins have been the richest sports franchise for a while(until recently because of the Cowboys). They think I'm lying because I'm a fan. Is there another franchise that is as disappointing?

Just still venting a bit from the season I guess. Sorry for being a downer.

The cowboys.

/thread.

THE COWBOYS....HELLO!!!!

13 PRO BOWLERS...Romo sits to pee, OWENS, WITTEN, BARBER, WILLIAMS, WARE....Arguably the best players at their positions in the NFL and they can't make the playoffs, can't win a playoff game?

I can't think of a more disappointing franchise than that....

This is not hate...Think about it!

How 'bout the Wyoming Cowboys??? Google them and see utter disappointment.

Too small to compete where they are but won't move to where they belong. Talk about mediocrity.

And WHEN they do get a 1/2 way decent coach the school is used as a stepping stone to bigger abd better things.

I know it's college, but still.......disapointing year after year.

And let's not forget who helped get the Niners there, the one, the only Vinnie C.

Contrary to popular thought, Vinny Cerrato is not the root of all evil.

I blame DeBartolo's unceremonious ousting from the league, Denise and John York and Carmen Policy's mismanaging of the cap.

Try our good friends the Dallas Cowboys.

Or until further notice, the Philadelphia Eagles. As someone mentioned above me, the 49ers.

Seahawks? Chicago Bears?

I'd say they all fit your description quite well. I could go on.

We have not had smelled a division title or been in the running for it since Norv :doh: The Eagles have been to the Superbowl and have had quite a few home playoff games and 4 Nfc championship games or is it 5 :whoknows: in recent history and may be heading to the SB again this year. To compare us to them isn't really going to work for your arguement.

whatever the case that we arguing that there may be 3 or 4 teams worse than us is pretty sad. I'm not happy with being one of the 5 most dissapointing teams in the NFL... but for those that feel like debating it keep up the good fight lol

I know it's fun to bash the Redskins and say how doomed the franchise is but there are a lot of teams that would love to have done what the Redskins have in the past 4 years. Two playoff appearences and a win, a lot of teams can't say that.

Just off the top of my head.

Raiders

Browns

Bengals

Lions

Vikings

Rams

49ers

Bills

Jets

Chiefs

Texans

Many of those teams are much worse shape than the Reskins. With the Cardinals on the verge of making the Super Bowl i'm not sure how anyone can be all that down on their team's chances in the future.

I would agree with the Niners. The thing about the Cowboys is, they've put themselves in great position on multiple occasions. They've won the division. They've had a 13-win season. They've swept the Redskins multiple seasons. They've hosted a post-season game at home. We can laugh at their lack of post-season wins, but they've enjoyed a post-season bye week, which is as good or better than a wildcard win.

Damn, Mark. Good point. And what I wouldn't give to have a playoff game at home.... wow.

NFC East Division Champions since our last SB appearance in '91:

1992Dallas Cowboys13-3-0Won Super Bowl XXVII

1993Dallas Cowboys12-4-0Won Super Bowl XXVIII

1994Dallas Cowboys12-4-0Lost NFC Championship Game

1995Dallas Cowboys12-4-0Won Super Bowl XXX

1996Dallas Cowboys10-6-0Lost NFC Divisional Playoffs

1997New York Giants10-5-1Lost NFC Wild Card Playoffs

1998Dallas Cowboys10-6-0Lost NFC Wild Card Playoffs

1999Washington Redskins10-6-0Lost NFC Divisional Playoffs

2000New York Giants12-4-0Lost Super Bowl XXXV

2001Philadelphia Eagles11-5-0Lost NFC Championship Game

2002Philadelphia Eagles12-4-0Lost NFC Championship Game

2003Philadelphia Eagles12-4-0Lost NFC Championship Game

2004Philadelphia Eagles13-3-0Lost Super Bowl XXXIX

2005New York Giants11-5-0Lost NFC Wild Card Playoffs

2006Philadelphia Eagles10-6-0Lost NFC Divisional Playoffs

2007Dallas Cowboys13-3-0Lost NFC Divisional Playoffs

2008New York Giants12-4-0Lost NFC Divisional Playoffs

Cowboys=7

Eagles=5

Giants=4

Redskins=1

:(

San Francisco 49ers, Cincinatti Bengals, Miami Dolphins, All had some great teams in the late 70s through mid 90s, but then have basically been bottom feeders since. I'd say those three are above us on the disappointment scale. (the raiders are close to surpassing us frankly)

San Francisco 49ers, Cincinatti Bengals, Miami Dolphins, All had some great teams in the late 70s through mid 90s, but then have basically been bottom feeders since. I'd say those three are above us on the disappointment scale. (the raiders are close to surpassing us frankly)
I guess it depends on what time frame you're looking at. Besides a decent season in 2008, the Dolphins won their division in 2000 with a nice 11-win season and had another 11-win season in 2001. That's three eleven-win seasons in the past nine years.

I've been thinking this for a couple years. If you stay in the NFL you have some obvious choices that can match our continual inability to win. The Lions and the Raiders are probably the most clear picks but I still think we are a worse team because in the case of the Lions you have an owner who even by his own admission does not care if they win (he's proved this by willing to stay w/Millen for 8 losing years and then promoted someone from within his own ranks). The Raiders more closely resemble us because they have a despot running the show but they are still better because at least "Undead Al" has won 3 Super Bowl & at one time had a really good football mind (the game has moved on but he hasn't). We are worse because Snyder has no mind for the X's and O's but he thinks he does. We're a lousy team until Snyder changes his stance or sells the team. We will, every few years, over-reach and end up with 10 to 11 wins, but will always revert to form and show that we have no depth and drafting strategy. We are a joke.

Fail.

The Lions, maybe? 0-16 and crappy for years.

How about the Nuggets in basketball?

Or the Yankees. They spend a lot more money than Danny and what have they had to show for it recently?

yes, it's rough. yes, it's difficult.

But it could be worse.

Amen to that.

There are some questionable posts in this thread, but I think this one takes the cake.

The Redskins are among the top half of the NFL in terms of consistently putting a respectable product on the field.

Fine Mr. Sassy. Look at the past five years.

Cincinnati

Cleveland

Detroit

Oakland

San Francisco

New York Jets

Buffalo Bills

Miami Dolphins

Houston Texans

Arizona Cardinals (until this year, but one year does not equal consistency)

Kansas City Chiefs

Minnesota Vikings

Atlanta

New Orleans

Denver

St. Louis (as soon as warner was gone nearly 10 years ago)

There you go. 16 teams that are consistently worse than the Washington Redskins in a given season.

So that cake my post took - why don't you shove it right in your face.

There was once a time when I used to wonder "will the Niners ever be bad again?" They were that good every year for 16-17 years. Now I think that way about Pittsburgh. I mean' date=' only three losing seasons in the last seventeen?

Must be nice. We haven't strung together back to back winning seasons since 1996 and 1997 (9-7 & 8-7-1) :doh:[/quote']

Actually, the thing that surprises me most is any team that has not had at least 10-15 mediocre seasons in a row.

I guess it depends on what time frame you're looking at. Besides a decent season in 2008, the Dolphins won their division in 2000 with a nice 11-win season and had another 11-win season in 2001. That's three eleven-win seasons in the past nine years.

I completely agree with you. Every team has had their successes and their failures. Going through the divisions and teams of the NFL, I'm having a hard time finding a franchise who has made as little progress as this one. I mean even the Raiders made a superbowl appearance. When going through recent history, almost all teams have had some bad seasons, and good seasons. On the other hand, we've been mediocre for almost a decade.

For those who say the Eagles are more disappointing than the Redskins, they've been to 5 of the past 8 NFC championships. We have been to zero.

I'm just saying for all the big free agent spending, all the time I spend on this board. All the money I have invested into this team, I have 2 playoff victories to hang my hat on.

It's hard to say but my patience and my loyalty are being tested. Mark my words: if Dan Snyder remains the owner, the Redskin's fan base will be a much smaller one by the time my generation inherits the duties of paying for season tickets and supporting the team....

Archived