Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Name a more disappointing franchise

acason5

Hmm, and getting rid of Vinny hasn't seemed to help the 49ers one iota. Yet we all claim that getting rid of Vinny here will suddenly cure all our ills.

I got no argument for that. I don't think Vinny is the sole problem but he's part of it. I'm not gonna turn this into another Vinny thread though. I prefer to be more optimistic. I think we'll be fine in the long run and hopefully threads like this will stop.

Raiders

49ers

Orioles

Wizards

Buccanneers (Gruden ruined them for the past couple fo yeasrs)

Cowboys

LIONS!!!

BUFFALO BILLS!!!!!(yEAH.....)

JETS!!!!!(UMM......DAMN...)

BUNGOLO BENGALS!!!

CHIEFS

Seahawks(Beginning of a downfall)

So Yeah.....We need 2 stop whining and be grateful.

Alot of teams need improvement in MANY areas.

All we need is improvement in 2 or 3 Positions.

Hmm, and getting rid of Vinny hasn't seemed to help the 49ers one iota. Yet we all claim that getting rid of Vinny here will suddenly cure all our ills.

Yeah everyone just relax with Vinny. He is really not the ONLY problem in the franchise. I believe we can still win a SB with him as GM despite his mistakes.

1. CLINTON PORTIS or Betts Fumbled about once every game this year (Browns, Seahawks, Ravens, etc.)

2. Rock CartWright gave the ball to the Bengals defense.

3. Sean Springs TACKLED Deangelo Hall while he was about to get an INT

I truly believe our main problem is our O-Line, our Offensive playcalling, and our HEART!!!

Vinny is a problem but I believe he REALLY is trying to improve the Skins any way possible. He is just a lil' ignorant Thats all. He still drafted alot of GOOD players IMO and we had better drafts than alot of other teams.

:notworthy:logo:

Dallas-No playoff wins since '96 despite being the 'best team on paper' for years

NY Jets-Imagine always having 2nd billing in your own stadium! (It's even named for another team)

Buffalo-You may lose your team within 5 years. To Canada. Nothing more needs to be added.

For the record, I am also a Mets fan so my disappointment is pretty much year round these days.

Lions, Browns, Bengals, Cardinals if they don't win tomorrow with warner aging and boldin and edge may want out all over again, Raiders, Saints, Falcons, Chiefs-been a minute since they saw a super bowl, Chargers-they got norv and no super bowls, cowboys-they just suck. Really quite a few are worse off then us. Many teams have never been to a super bowl. And as lean as things have been for the last 17 years or so. We still have a hell of a history with championships and super bowls and at least i have that if we never have a winning season again.

I am trying to think of a more disappointing franchise considering we have a very loyal fanbase and a very wealthy, profitable organization. It seems that every other team in any sport that has this type of franchise, has won a title or has had some decent success. It is funny how people react when I make the point that the Redskins have been the richest sports franchise for a while(until recently because of the Cowboys). They think I'm lying because I'm a fan. Is there another franchise that is as disappointing?

Just still venting a bit from the season I guess. Sorry for being a downer.

What the hell are you talking about? Don't be an ape. We have won multiple playoff games, the Cowboys have won NONE since 1996. Please.

The Redskins are among the top half of the NFL in terms of consistently putting a respectable product on the field.

There are 12 teams that did worse than we did.

Not quite sure how that makes us the worst team in footballl....

haha.. not sure if you read the rest of my post, but i put except for all the other worse teams in football. that was sarcasm directed toward the OP. obviously we're not the worst team in football.

:cool:

haha.. not sure if you read the rest of my post, but i put except for all the other worse teams in football. that was sarcasm directed toward the OP. obviously we're not the worst team in football.

My apologies. I must've read it wrong.

Continue forward with your sarcastic skill set.

:D:silly:

That would be incorrect.

First, I don't think anyone assumes that by just getting rid of Vinny the Skins will be better. It all depends on who they bring in to replace him and is put in charge of the franchise. They could bring in a Casserly and this team would still not be very good. That said, a change is needed because Vinny has shown throughout his career that he isn't the solution.

Second, the hatred of Vinny is also because what he symbolizes. He symbolizes an active and involved (in personel) Danny Snyder. A real front office guy does not need nor allow the owner to have a single say in how this team should be built. Vinny has a job here because he and Danny are buddies and he's fine with the unprofessional setup of this front office.

That is why we want Vinny gone, yet I think we all know that the real problem with this franchise is the idiot who keeps Vinny employed.

I am trying to think of a more disappointing franchise considering we have a very loyal fanbase and a very wealthy, profitable organization. It seems that every other team in any sport that has this type of franchise, has won a title or has had some decent success. It is funny how people react when I make the point that the Redskins have been the richest sports franchise for a while(until recently because of the Cowboys). They think I'm lying because I'm a fan. Is there another franchise that is as disappointing?

Just still venting a bit from the season I guess. Sorry for being a downer.

Are you comparing these things and the results since Dan Snyder has been owner? Because if you are then the franchises that have been given are very comparable. The Redskins have been competitive in every season even if the record hasn't shown it. The Cowboys, 49ers, Bears, Raiders and Eagles in that same time period are just as bad. All of these teams use to be among the elite teams competing for championships and are now either one and done or becoming door mats for other teams. The worst of these teams is the Raiders by far. The Raiders are in far worst shape than the Redskins.

That would be incorrect.

First, I don't think anyone assumes that by just getting rid of Vinny the Skins will be better. It all depends on who they bring in to replace him and is put in charge of the franchise. They could bring in a Casserly and this team would still not be very good. That said, a change is needed because Vinny has shown throughout his career that he isn't the solution.

Second, the hatred of Vinny is also because what he symbolizes. He symbolizes an active and involved (in personel) Danny Snyder. A real front office guy does not need nor allow the owner to have a single say in how this team should be built. Vinny has a job here because he and Danny are buddies and he's fine with the unprofessional setup of this front office.

That is why we want Vinny gone, yet I think we all know that the real problem with this franchise is the idiot who keeps Vinny employed.

You know this thought process doesn't make any sense. For one thing the owner has every right to have the final say because he OWNS THE FRANCHISE. Vinny is only an employee. I agree that Vinny should be allowed to make the choices and be able to go out on a limb every now and then but the owner does have the final say even if he isn't a good evaluator of talent. The question I guess I would ask of you is, If you were the owner, who would have the final say?

Are you comparing these things and the results since Dan Snyder has been owner? Because if you are then the franchises that have been given are very comparable. The Redskins have been competitive in every season even if the record hasn't shown it. The Cowboys, 49ers, Bears, Raiders and Eagles in that same time period are just as bad. All of these teams use to be among the elite teams competing for championships and are now either one and done or becoming door mats for other teams. The worst of these teams is the Raiders by far. The Raiders are in far worst shape than the Redskins.

and your thinking is grossly simplistic as well. on one level your historical memory is way off: the Iggles have repeatedly competed in the post season (unlike the Skins) and they have won all the way to the SB (unlike the Skins); the Bears went to the SB (unlike the Skins). Comparabable performances would be the Boys and 49ers - as bad or worse since Snyder took the reigns. being competitive is among the lamer rationalizations that keeps recurring on tis board. the key factor is how the FO runs the team and the controlling thought process....and in that regard it has been an abject failure. moreover, with the exception of the Raiders...there is every appearance of the franchise being the least stable, purposeful wen it comes to that vital ingredient to success.

some teams build to win...the Skins build to compete. you just crytallized the problem with this team and its FO.

What the hell are you talking about? Don't be an ape. We have won multiple playoff games, the Cowboys have won NONE since 1996. Please.

The Redskins are among the top half of the NFL in terms of consistently putting a respectable product on the field.

we have won 2 playoff games since 1996 - one was pre-Snyder Norval.

Top half! Wow!!! You sure set the bar high!!!! Do you work for the government? Or are you a private contractor who produces a product in the top 50% of quality?

Bears, Raiders, and Eagles have all won a divisional playoff game. Redskins have not.
Comparabable performances would be the Boys and 49ers - as bad or worse
I would agree with the Niners. The thing about the Cowboys is, they've put themselves in great position on multiple occasions. They've won the division. They've had a 13-win season. They've swept the Redskins multiple seasons. They've hosted a post-season game at home. We can laugh at their lack of post-season wins, but they've enjoyed a post-season bye week, which is as good or better than a wildcard win.

Archived