Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Videogame Question

footballhenry

I just got a Walmart giftcard for Christmas and while I am using much of it for food and things I need, I would like to use a portion of it for a new PS3 game. Now the newer games are beyond my budget since they are sixty bucks a pop but I've found some great deals here at the Walmart in Mount Pleasant. These are the options I've narrowed down to:

a) buy Socom: Confrontation for 40 bucks

or

B) buy Bioshock for 40 bucks

or

c) buy Headcoach '09 for 10 bucks and Elder Scrolls IV for 20 bucks

Basically if any of you guys have played any of these games or know a little about them please do post here and let me know what you think. Right now I think I am leaning towards option c (though Socom is always fun as hell)....what do you think is the better deal?

If you really want to stretch your dollar and get more bang for your buck, I'd go with Elder Scrolls IV.

An amazing game with great graphics, gameplay, storyline, etc... There is so much to do that you could play it for 150 hours and still not do everything.

If you really want to stretch your dollar and get more bang for your buck, I'd go with Elder Scrolls IV.

An amazing game with great graphics, gameplay, storyline, etc... There is so much to do that you could play it for 150 hours and still not do everything.

Yeah I've been hearing that alot about this game....it def has the best reviews of the bunch (well tied with Bioshock probly).

I'm 115 hours into Oblivion and still haven't completed all of the guild quests nor made it to expansion pack area yet.

It's so easy to get sidetracked in Oblivion. You'll be running along to a destination and on your way there, you find something that you haven't run into before. A cave, stronghold, village, etc... I end up stopping what I was doing to investigate those areas because I may not think about going back to them.

By the end of the game, you literally become God-like and can do almost whatever you want.

Yeah I've been hearing that alot about this game....it def has the best reviews of the bunch (well tied with Bioshock probly).

Don't let the reviews for SOCOM scare you. The game was broken on launch but that was to be expected from an online only game that was going to see the server load that SOCOM did. They have done a great job of correcting the technical issues since launch.

Bioshock. Just picked it up for PC when they had an amazing sale (only 5 bucks).

Absolutely outstanding game, far more enjoyable for me than both Fallout 3 and Oblivion (this coming from someone that played the ever-loving hell out of Morrowind)

Whoa whoa whoa.

Bioshock should NOT be 40 bucks anymore. Thats ridiculous. Its only $20 on PC.

What a rip. Just game on your pc ;)

And only $5 if you got it on the Steam sale last week.

I agree that Elder Scrolls is the way to go if only because it's half the price for more play time.

That said, in your position I would strongly consider selling the Walmart gift card and buying some used games with the income.

And only $5 if you got it on the Steam sale last week.

Yup.

I actually had a big post about how Walmart was ripping him off and that Steam was the way to go, but then I realized that not only he was limited to Walmart because of the gift card, but the PS3 as well.

I think the OP should buy Left 4 Dead for the PC (assuming his PC can run it).

Elder Scrolls is probably the best game on the list. Not sure about Head Coach.

I wasn't a fan of Bioshock but some swear by it.

Socom is socom.

I agree with this totally. Everyone liked Bio-Shock, I wasnt thrilled. Elder Scrolls is the best game in the bunch, if you like RPG's.

I was about to say the exact same thing. Definitely worth the $$.

Bioshock. Just picked it up for PC when they had an amazing sale (only 5 bucks).

Absolutely outstanding game, far more enjoyable for me than both Fallout 3 and Oblivion (this coming from someone that played the ever-loving hell out of Morrowind)

Yeah, I loved Morrowind as well, put hundreds of hours into it. I liked Fallout 3 better then Bio-Shock though. Bio-Shock wasn't a truly "free roam" game. it felt slightly linear eventhough in each area you could roam all over that area. Morrowind was even different from Fallout 3 AND Oblivion. In both Fallout 3 and Oblivion, when entering a city for example, it send you through a load screen and you would actually have to load the city as if it were a dungeon or separate map.

In either game(Fallout 3 or Oblivion), you cannot bring articles you are holding (not in your inventory, right click on thumbstick to actually hold and manipulate an object) into the city or into your house in a city.

This wasn't the case in Morrowind. There was no loading from the wilderness into the cities, and from the cities into the house. Morrowind was a truly "Free Roam" game.

In any case, I loved Fallout 3 over Oblivion though they are made by the same company becuse of the "VATS" targeting system in Fallout 3 giving a truly turnbased RPG aspect to the game instead of just a hack and slash.

All great games though.

I just got a Walmart giftcard for Christmas and while I am using much of it for food and things I need, I would like to use a portion of it for a new PS3 game. Now the newer games are beyond my budget since they are sixty bucks a pop but I've found some great deals here at the Walmart in Mount Pleasant. These are the options I've narrowed down to:

a) buy Socom: Confrontation for 40 bucks

or

B) buy Bioshock for 40 bucks

or

c) buy Headcoach '09 for 10 bucks and Elder Scrolls IV for 20 bucks

Basically if any of you guys have played any of these games or know a little about them please do post here and let me know what you think. Right now I think I am leaning towards option c (though Socom is always fun as hell)....what do you think is the better deal?

Well, you can now get Bioshock new for $30 with this coupon --->

http://www.2kgames.com/coupon/

Archived