Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ST : Newman says there's a "Coward" in the locker room?

Number5

http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/1115871.html

(Click link for rest)

Take it from T-New: A 'coward' is tearing the Dallas Cowboys apart

By JENNIFER FLOYD ENGELjenfloyd@star-telegram.com

Related Content

IRVING -- Walking around this Cowboys locker room Monday, after another season abruptly ended in failure, I was struck by how deeply divided this team actually is.

The lack of chemistry is glaringly obvious in how players talk about one another. A lack of respect seems to exist for many Cowboy coaches as well. Everybody is always blaming somebody.

And deep fissures remain amongst Dallas’ biggest names, personalities, and players with Wade Phillips basically intimating that he had to have a come-to-Jesus intervention with Jason Witten, T.O. and Tony Romo sits to pee before Philly

Let that sink in: A bigtime Cowboy called another bigtime Cowboy, and Witten specifically -- if locker room rumblings about the identity of “the snitch” are to be believed -- a coward.

Witten? :rotflmao:

he's the toughet guy on the team, and the only one who stood up to TO

to Ed Weiner about TO crying to Garrett about Roo & Witten having secret meetings

And Newman is seriously isolating that as a key factor in the downfall of the season? Does anyone on that team like each other? :laugh:

Maybe Newman should raise his overrated level of play to Witten's standard before he starts calling him out...:2cents:

3. It's not how you start, but how you finish that matters most. On December 1, four teams holding playoff positions — the Cowboys, Buccaneers, Jets and Broncos — were a combined 32-16. But in the fourth quarter of the season, i.e., the last four weekends, those four teams were a combined 2-14. The stretcher that was rushed into the Cowboys locker room when Tony Romo sits to pee collapsed in the shower after a 44-6 debacle at Philadelphia (the franchise's worst loss since 1988) was a fitting symbol for what became of the much-hyped preseason Super Bowl contender. Dallas hasn't won a season finale since 1999, and hasn't posted a winning record after Dec. 1 since 1996 — the last season the franchise won a playoff game. Coach Wade Phillips, whom team owner Jerry Jones insists he'll stick with in the name of continuity, says he'll change the team's culture. He'll get tough. After Sunday's crushing loss, it was striking that several Cowboys players actually seemed pleasant. Maybe they were in shock. Then again, they aren't totally nonchalant about this. Fullback Deon Anderson and tackle Flozell Adams reportedly scuffled on the flight home. And on Monday, linebacker Bradie James went after a fan who showed up at the team's headquarters to protest the meltdown by picketing. But that's not exactly the time and place to work out such anger issues. Change the culture. Stay tuned.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2008-12-30-nfl-replay_N.htm

Cowboys linebacker Bradie James actually giggled when asked if a meaner, tougher Coach Cupcake was what this team needed.

“If you know a person to be a certain way and then all of a sudden you have an extreme change, I don’t know how well that’s going to be taken,” he said. “I don’t know what he means by that. Like I said, he didn’t address us, so I don't know.”

Yes, Coach Cupcake began his attempt at being a butt-chewing disciplinarian by failing to address his players in a post-season meeting, a first in a long time at Valley Ranch.

Nor did Bradie seem particularly pleased with this lack of communication from Coach Cupcake.

“Of course. Who wouldn’t?” Bradie said, when asked if Cowboy players wanted to hear from Wade. “I don’t want to just end this thing and be in the dark. I’m finding out information from you guys.

Lovin' it... :applause:

Nothing is more funny to me than watching the CowPukes implode year after year. Blame each other after every single loss. Wasting away all that so called talent with division and angst among each other.

Having said all that, I completely agree with Newman on this one. I don't care whether Witten said something or not, I hate anonymous quotes. That is cowardly, if your going to bad mouth the team then have the heart to put your name next to it. This was the whole reason Larry Michael started that ridiculous alert. :helmet:

Sorry this has very little to do with Wade Phillips. They had the disciplinarian of all disciplinarians prior to him and he was deemed the problem for their collapses. The only contant is all of this is Jerrah. He is running Camp Convict. A couple of things stood out to me in that article both of which I had heard before but they really stuck out in context. The Cowboys haven't won their final game of the regular season since 1999 and haven't had a winning December since 1996. Both streaks are absolutely amazing. Jerrah has always, always, always coddled his players at the expense of the coaching staff. The players know this. The Cowboys biggest star, DeMarcus Ware got the defensive coordinator demoted earlier this year after telling him to go eff himself on the sideline. Instead of disciplining the player they friggin disciplined the coach. Jerrah continues to defend friggin Pacman Jones to the astonishment of every other human being on Earth. Sorry but the coward in the lockerroom is Jerrah.

Archived