Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

campbells college stats vs nfl stats (kinda telling)

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

Why is everyone, it seems, only worried about his number of TDs? The Hall of Famer QB Troy Aikman threw for more than 20 TDs ONCE in his career, and has how many Super Bowl rings?

Good point and that just proves my point even more. It's a team game our o-line has to get better. Another thing I love CP and Cooley. With that being said they had some bad timed turn overs this year.

Their team records were so much better this year because they threw for 25 TD's? :doh:

Rodgers 6-10

Rivers 8-8

Cutler 8-8

No excuses allowed about their defenses, WR's, o-line, coaching, playcalling, etc, etc. If JC has to do it all by himself, so do they.

dude, campbell is responsible for our offense. our offense sucked.

if you gave rodgers rivers or cutler our defense, theyd be 13-3.

we went 8-8 despite how bad JC is. lol, tell drew brees its their offense.

Why is everyone, it seems, only worried about his number of TDs? The Hall of Famer QB Troy Aikman threw for more than 20 TDs ONCE in his career, and has how many Super Bowl rings?

our offense doesnt score. i guess if we had the best runningback of all time i wouldnt be that worried about it, but emmitt smith is emmitt smith. portis is good, hes not friggin emmitt smith.

its also a different era man, youre talking about a QB who peaked in 1995, itll be 2009 in 2 days.

Good post. It seems like a lot of people are piling on Campbell and I cannot say for sure he is the long term answer but I can say with certainty...he gave the Redskins of 2008 the best chance to win. I am confident he will give the Redskins of 2009 the best chance to win. Too many other needs, let's leave the QB position alone. He took a big step this year in protecting the ball, in the offseason he will take some more.

our offense doesnt score. i guess if we had the best runningback of all time i wouldnt be that worried about it, but emmitt smith is emmitt smith. portis is good, hes not friggin emmitt smith.

its also a different era man, youre talking about a QB who peaked in 1995, itll be 2009 in 2 days.

You're also talking about Aikman, who was NOT a great quarterback by any means......Cowboys had an awesome O-line, nothing more

He makes our offense impotent. Everyone is aware of it.

It is just so damn frustrating that nothing is done about it. Ditto for a lack of a GM who understands the importance of offensive and defensive lines.

Total, 100% frustration. It makes a person just want to go postal.

I would think most folks would realize that Zorn has demanded Campbell to be overly protective of the ball. I'm sure you remember Zorn going on and on about "protect the ball, give me another play". It certainly would explain why JC lead the league in INT percentage as well, when JC has explained that his first instinct is to go deep.

We need to evaluate JC's performance not solely based on his production, but on his execution of Zorn's plan. I think he executed Zorn's plan fairly well (good completion %, lead league in INT %), but I think Zorn's plan (whether in its design, being unable to adjust, or personnel deficiencies at OL or WR) was flawed as well. Hopefully Zorn turns it loose next year and the OL and WR problems get sorted out so the Skins can figure out what the heck to do with JC.

This isn't an excuse for either man. Both have to deliver next year or JC will be gone and Zorn will probably be gone.

Don't you just find it a little alarming that you could sub in Gibbs' and Saunders' names for Zorn and could have posted this a year ago making perfect sense?

Yet he was crucified by some here after the Rams game and yesterday when was a DB, uh defense, both times who gave up the pass play that cost us the Rams and the SF game. JC had led a last minute winning/tying drive each game and had us in a position to win.

Funny, I thought it was the HC/OC/QB coach and QB that was mainly responsible for the offense. I guess JC called the plays and drew up the schemes also.

You can't separate out Zorn from JC in the offensive production. If Zorn has JC in a 5 WR route with all 5 guys running short routes and free blitzer coming, there's not much chance to push that YPA out. If you think JC was content to dink and dunk the entire game you don't know as much about JC as you'd like to think

Not to speak of the horror that is ARE starting 16 games, Moss dropping tons of passes, Portis going to MEMEME mode averaging a whopping 3 yards a carry during the playoff push.

Don't you just find it a little alarming that you could sub in Gibbs' and Saunders' names for Zorn and could have posted this a year ago making perfect sense?

I don't find it alarming. I think it's true. But I think it speaks more to the team's over-estimation of the abilities of its WRs to be playmakers than Campbell's ability to be a solid QB. It doesn't matter what offense you put them in, Moss is going to be inconsistent and ARE is still going to suck. They're certainly not good enough to help a QB who's still finding his way.

But it doesn't matter for this year. Regardless of Zorn calling the same 7 pass plays over and over, JC has to produce or he's gone.

These stats prove without a shadow of a doubt to me that Colt Brennan is very accurate. Can't say that about Campbell, who misses wide open guys all the time. Now, Brennan, may not be an NFL caliber QB(who knows at this time), but all I know, judging from the stats, is that he is mad accurate.

Take a look at their running game compared to Campbell's at Auburn. Colt had no choice but to throw it, and it was the run and shoot. Hell you to can be accurate in the run and shoot :rotflmao:

Funny, I thought it was the HC/OC/QB coach and QB that was mainly responsible for the offense. I guess JC called the plays and drew up the schemes also.

You can't separate out Zorn from JC in the offensive production. If Zorn has JC in a 5 WR route with all 5 guys running short routes and free blitzer coming, there's not much chance to push that YPA out. If you think JC was content to dink and dunk the entire game you don't know as much about JC as you'd like to think

Not to speak of the horror that is ARE starting 16 games, Moss dropping tons of passes, Portis going to MEMEME mode averaging a whopping 3 yards a carry during the playoff push.

And I think this is exactly what JC meant when he said in his presser, "You don't do what you do, you do what you're asked to do."

And I think this is exactly what JC meant when he said in his presser, "You don't do what you do, you do what you're asked to do."

He's always loved to throw deep. From his pressers at Auburn and his comments at training camps, he's stated that he wants to go deep first.

It's also clear that Zorn wanted Campbell to protect the ball at all costs. Makes sense if you're Zorn. Why risk throwing it deep (which entails a long dropback behind that crickety OL) in a new system with a growing QB when you can run it with Portis and have a top 10 defense?

Zorn wanted to play Gibbs-ball.

I don't find it alarming. I think it's true. But I think it speaks more to the team's over-estimation of the abilities of its WRs to be playmakers than Campbell's ability to be a solid QB. It doesn't matter what offense you put them in, Moss is going to be inconsistent and ARE is still going to suck. They're certainly not good enough to help a QB who's still finding his way.

But it doesn't matter for this year. Regardless of Zorn calling the same 7 pass plays over and over, JC has to produce or he's gone.

I think it's the best thing that could happen for him.

The FO is messed up thinking you can win games with a line that averages over 31 years each.

Zorn is in his ear constantly telling him to play "mistake free" ball.

And I absolutely hate some of the things I've see Zorn do with his mechanics.

These stats don't say anything. Not even trying to say who's the better qb but are we really comparing Univ of Hawaii's Offense with Auburn's Offense and trying to distinguish the better QB of Campbell vs Brennan?

Auburn's offense consisted of Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams. Last time I checked they were pretty good. A team with both of those RB's isn't going to be a passing team.

Hawaii doesn't run the ball -- almost never and the QB and also sometimes the WRs have super inflated statistics.

Think about this. Can anyone name a QB or a WR that has been successful in the NFL?

Brenan may even be the best QB to come out of Hawaii, but how can anyone use his college stats as a measure?

His final year in college was good, and 20 TD's is nothing to frown at. What it says is the Redskins need a running game. Portis had 1000 halfway through the season. Against top flight opponents and even crappy opponents during the second half, he and the O line mustered 550 yards or so, total. That's not running the ball well. Campbell isn't necessarily going to be Peyton Manning, but given the supporting cast, he could take a team deep into the playoffs and maybe win the big one at some point. There is nothing to say one way or the other at this point. We'll get a better feel for what kind of qb Jason is by next year. I know that sounds like a copout, but I truly believe that we'll know a lot more by year two. :2cents:

Auburn 2004 teams/record

Louisiana-Monroe 5-6

Mississippi State 3-8

LSU 10-2

Citadel 3-7

Tennessee 10-3

Louisiana Tech 6-6

Arkansas 5-6

Kentucky 2-9

Mississippi 4-7

Georgia 10-2

Alabama 6-6

Tennessee 10-3

Virginia Tech 10-3

6 teams under .500, hmmmm......

Is there any difference in competition?

http://sports.espn.go.com

He was also voted SEC Offensive Player of the Year by all of the SEC coaches. 2004 really doesn't have much relevance to what's happening now.

I don't find it alarming. I think it's true. But I think it speaks more to the team's over-estimation of the abilities of its WRs to be playmakers than Campbell's ability to be a solid QB.

Yet the wideouts were fine for the last four and a half games of 2007 and we LED THE LEAGUE in YPA during that time (well, maybe the Patriots or someone were up there but 10+ YPA is difficult to obtain)

Archived