Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

campbells college stats vs nfl stats (kinda telling)

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

I've been saying this for 3 years.

He wasn't a good college QB.

He's a draft bust by Vinny. It's just that we can't get that into our head's yet.

Bad college QB.

Even worse NFL QB. Should have NEVER been drafted by us.

I figured you need to see this too, since you think he wasn't a good college QB. :doh:

I mean do people even think before they speak anymore??? :rolleyes:

College: In 2004, Campbell was named Coaches' SEC Offensive Player of the Year, Associated Press SEC Offensive Player of the Year, Coaches' All-SEC First-Team and Associated Press All-SEC First-Team for his performance as Auburn quarterback. Named a finalist for the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award and a finalist for the inaugural Manning Award given to the nation's best collegiate quarterback.

Won 31 games, which was the most in Auburn history at the time and eighth in the SEC. He has posted a 31-9 record in 40 career starts including a 9-4 mark against top 10 teams in his last three seasons.

Kind of Telling???

Seems like a reach to me. HIs college stats show progressive improvement as do his pro numbers. I'm not completely sold on JC yet either but this is another example of people using numbers to make their case when the numbers don't really tell the same story.

His stats improved in the NFL because each year he played a few more games. He played half of his second year, three-quarters of his third year, and a full year this past season.

you colt brennan fans are retards. looking at his stats in college and comparing them to campbell's is just flat out stupid. Its clear you don't watch college football much. Auburn that year had a 2 headed monster by the names of cadillac and ronnie brown. Auburn is a traditional running back school (bo jackson, stephen davis, rudi johnson etc. ) they at the time were very much a smash mouth school, that went undefeated in undoubtably the toughest conference in football. Meanwhile Colt brennan was out west where all they do is air it out. Thats hawaii's system always has and always will be. They play absolutely no one and all they do is run up the scores. Didn't Hawaii get murdered by the SEC Georgia bulldogs that year? Furthermore w/ all the prolific passing numbers the Rainbow Warriors put up every year name another Hawaii offensive skill position player in the league... what can't think of one, how about Ashley Lelie (the only other one that i know of) Look at his college numbers that got him picked up in the 1st round by the broncos. and look at his pathetic NFL career.

This is interesting. In Moneyball, one of the concepts was that you couldn't teach plate discipline and you could not teach power. And - by and large - college numbers reflect pro numbers.

I wonder if something is similar for college QBs transitioning to the NFL. I would like to see a correlation between college numbers and pro numbers. (Just for a quick search, I see that Tom Brady's lifetime totals at Michigan were 35 TDs and 19 Ints in 25 starts. But Brady seems to be the exception to every single rule).

you guys keep claiming that TDs arent important and that wins are. look at the problems with this team: we dont score friggin points. either we expect portis to score 20 TDs a season, or we expect more TDs out of campbell.

id say portis puts up very good numbers for a productive runningback in this league, which is why hes 4th in rushing and top 10 in TDs (and frankly he'd have more rushing TDs if we had any semblance of threat from campbell in the redzone) and why campbell is bottom of the league in TDs.

point blank, we dont score points, i want our QB to score points. last i checked, scoring more points than the other team is a W, so i dont see the problem with wanting campbell to throw more TDs.

Ha Ha Ha - That Soul Glo reference is funny as hell, he looks just like that.

I say get rid of him or keep him as second string. The best thing he showed me was that he has become comfortable with running the ball, needless to say too little, too late.

Bottom line --> you either have it OR you don't!!!

And JC simply doesn't !!!! lets give Colt a Chance NOW!

Well when you have a RB like CP I understand why he doesn't get a lot of TDs. It's not like we get in the redzone and pass, pass, pass. We get in the redzone run it two times and than pass. While JC has most of the time one good shot to get a TD.

Give JC EVERY SINGLE ONE of CP's touchdowns this year, and he scores 22 TDs. Still average. Still less than MARK BRUNELL IN 2005.

CP's production does not even begin to be an excuse for JC's touchdown production.

The way I see it is, stats are stats. They tell what a person has done. It will be the same thing every year. about 11 or 12 touchdowns, about 7 or 8 int. Can we win big games, and the sb with a qb with these stats? Or is our D strong enough and consistent enough to when big games or an sb? :(

Say it isnt so, we cant trade Rogers:dallasuck:gaintsuck:eaglesuck

you colt brennan fans are retards. looking at his stats in college and comparing them to campbell's is just flat out stupid. Its clear you don't watch college football much. Auburn that year had a 2 headed monster by the names of cadillac and ronnie brown. Auburn is a traditional running back school (bo jackson, stephen davis, rudi johnson etc. ) they at the time were very much a smash mouth school, that went undefeated in undoubtably the toughest conference in football. Meanwhile Colt brennan was out west where all they do is air it out. Thats hawaii's system always has and always will be. They play absolutely no one and all they do is run up the scores. Didn't Hawaii get murdered by the SEC Georgia bulldogs that year? Furthermore w/ all the prolific passing numbers the Rainbow Warriors put up every year name another Hawaii offensive skill position player in the league... what can't think of one, how about Ashley Lelie (the only other one that i know of) Look at his college numbers that got him picked up in the 1st round by the broncos. and look at his pathetic NFL career.

Good post, but my only thing with what you said that I'd have to counter, is that Jason came from a run oriented team and he seems to shy away from throwing the ball with confidence. While Colt comes from and air it out offense and he shows that he'll try to throw the football through a keyhole. I'm not advocating Colt starting, but I do feel he should get a shot at #2 with #1 in mind, just to see what he can do. The only problem with run and shoot QB's is, they usually don't have much success in the NFL.

sounds like everyone wants JC to put up Mark Rypien MVP numbers..

Rypien had 36 TD's in 1992. I don't think everyone wants that (it would be nice), they just want more than 12-13 TD's in 16 games. I don't think it's too much to ask of your QB to put up 22-25 TD's in a season. If Jason did that, there would be no debate about his abilities. He'll never be a Brady, Manning, Brees, but if he could be a Joe Theisman and put up 22-25 TDs and 3500-4000 yards, there would be less complaints from the masses.

Archived