Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

campbells college stats vs nfl stats (kinda telling)

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

I've been saying this for 3 years.

He's a draft bust by Vinny. It's just that we can't get that into our head's yet.

WHOA!! That's Gibbs boy, not Vinny. That's why I don't think people understand when they bash Vinny solely for this team's issues. GIbbs wanted a QB. He got one. Don't put that on anyone other than where that blame belongs.

Yet the wideouts were fine for the last four and a half games of 2007 and we LED THE LEAGUE in YPA during that time (well, maybe the Patriots or someone were up there but 10+ YPA is difficult to obtain)

Why 4 and a half games? What happened to them in the most important half of the season? I recall Cooley dropping a key third down pass and Moss quitting on a route leading to an INT.

60 minutes, 16 games, yadda yadda... I know you won't defend ARE as anything but a marginal #3 WR, but I think you can't count on Moss for being anything more than a #2 who will have occasional flashes.

I also seem to recall Santana Moss almost single-handedly losing the Packers' game in 2007 as well with the fumble and about 3 or 4 killer drops. He had a pretty up and down that year as well.

Take a look at their running game compared to Campbell's at Auburn. Colt had no choice but to throw it, and it was the run and shoot. Hell you to can be accurate in the run and shoot :rotflmao:

:doh::doh::doh::doh:

Not so fast there speedy Gonzales - read here what Zorn said about him instead:

"Really whatever level and whatever type of defense you are going against to throw 70% completion there is some accuracy. You can see that in many of the games in the last couple of seasons. You can see his accuracy. He has the ability to move around."

Point you can run and shoot all day but if you want but if you can't hit your moving target then well you won't have a 70% accuracy. ;)

WHOA!! That's Gibbs boy, not Vinny. That's why I don't think people understand when they bash Vinny solely for this team's issues. GIbbs wanted a QB. He got one. Don't put that on anyone other than where that blame belongs.

Have any source for this?

From what I remember, Gibbs, Snyder, and Vinny made joint decisions, and I don't remember hearing that this was all Gibbs over the objections of Snyder and Cerrato. If anything, Snyder and Cerrato were complicit in the selection of Campbell.

Take a look at their running game compared to Campbell's at Auburn. Colt had no choice but to throw it, and it was the run and shoot. Hell you to can be accurate in the run and shoot :rotflmao:

Please go and watch some footage of Colt in college...The passes he threw and completed takes an unbelievable amount of skill. To say anyone could do what he did is just plain disrespectful.

hopefully this doesnt get smashed together with all the other campbell threads cause ive never seen all these numbers, but check some of them out.

2002: 94/149 - 1215 yards - 63.1 comp pct. - 11 TDs - 5 Ints

2003: 181/293 - 2267 yards - 61.8 comp pct. - 10 TDs - 8 Ints

2004: 188/270 - 2700 yards - 69.6 comp pct. - 20 TDs - 7 Ints

2005: rookie year, no stats

2006: 110/207 - 1297 yards - 53.1 comp pct. - 10 TDs - 6 Ints

2007: 250/417 - 2700 yards - 60.0 comp pct. - 12 TDs - 11 Ints

2008: 315/506 - 3245 yards - 62.3 comp pct. - 13 TDs - 6 Ints

Aside from his big year in college, he cant throw TD passes. no matter how many games he plays or how many passes he throws, he cannot throw TD passes. his INTs are always low because he plays very conservatively, and this is why he will never be the answer for us. to be a play maker in this league you have to be willing to make something happen, which campbell cannot/will not.

im interested on peoples take on his college vs nfl stats. do they matter? is it eerie that they are similar? does anything seem like its gonna change no matter what system he gets stuck in?

DUDE, your sig is cracking me up! SOUL GLO MUST GO! LOL

it seems hes only capable of adding a TD per year. i guess in a decade he'd be able to throws 23 TDs?

i know right? fanboys talking about jason candle improving each yr.... but by ONE TD per yr. LOL!

what they dont understand is that each year in pro, he has played more games each yr, hence one TD improvement. LOL DUH!

I'm not disagreeing or agreeing, but like what, exactly? I thought Zorn was supposed to improve his mechanics...

JMO, but I think teaching a 6'5" quarterback to bend down and stay low in the pocket is ridiculous. His height is an advantage in seeing over the d-line. Also, if you watch most of the other successful quarterbacks, they all stand tall in the pocket.

And he's drilled don't make a mistake over and over that I see JC trying to protect the ball too much. Hence hanging on to the ball and taking a sack rather than throwing it away and being too hesitate to throw the ball downfield at times.

Their team records were so much better this year because they threw for 25 TD's? :doh:

Rodgers 6-10

Rivers 8-8

Cutler 8-8

No excuses allowed about their defenses, WR's, o-line, coaching, playcalling, etc, etc. If JC has to do it all by himself, so do they.

My wife is a Packers fan. I've seen every Packers and Skins game for the past three years. I feel as though I can make an objective decision on this.

I would probably take Aaron Rodgers including his new contract over JC being in the last year of his deal.

I feel comfortable that Rodgers has a higher ceiling. He had a rough first season at times, but he is far from the reason they had a poor year. Mike McCarthy despite his arrogance was correct, that's a good team with a bad record.

My wife is a Packers fan. I've seen every Packers and Skins game for the past three years. I feel as though I can make an objective decision on this.

I would probably take Aaron Rodgers including his new contract over JC being in the last year of his deal.

I feel comfortable that Rodgers has a higher ceiling. He had a rough first season at times, but he is far from the reason they had a poor year. Mike McCarthy despite his arrogance was correct, that's a good team with a bad record.

Not disputing you. Just curious. Does he get the same bashing on the GB board that JC gets here seeing how the w/l record is worse.

Not disputing you. Just curious. Does he get the same bashing on the GB board that JC gets here seeing how the w/l record is worse.

I have ZERO experience with the GB boards or any other teams boards.

However in the experience I have with my wife's family, Aaron Rodgers is very much liked. By both Brett-bashers and Brett-lovers.

I think you could blame their poor season on injuries, defensive letdowns, poor rushing game, and poor play-calling before QB play ever comes into the equation. He also injured his shoulder badly in week 4 or 5 and may need surgery.

(look at me, I sound like an Aaron Rodgers apologist :silly: I was hoping so much that JC would be way better than Rodgers. I'm not so sure I'll get that wish. )

This may surprise you but most fanbases have more sense than to not recognize pretty good production from the QB spot. Now, if a team like NEw England loses BRady forever and then Cassel isn't matching up, then they may start to bash him because they are so used to success. But generally, they can see when they have a good young player who is capable.

I can pretty much guarantee that people may be critical of a Cutler or Rodgers but it's WITHIN the context of appreciation of what they already produce. As has been pointed out, really good QBs don't have threads calling for their heads and there is a reason that Brunell and Campbell have both had these moments on these boards (and it's not just Extremeskins.)

McNabb is probably the only QB I've seen to be so consistently bashed who produced at such a high level and that's because he set a standard of excellence but is ultimately a frustrating player (esp. for Philly, they turn on everyone almost.)

or he could be like aaron rodgers, phillip rivers, or jay cutler. ya know, other young QBs that know how to put up 3500+ yards and 25+ TDs.

Besides Rivers, look at the QB's you named, and the receivers they have...especially Aaron Rogers. Aaron Rogers has receivers for days. Jay Cutler has Brandon Marshall (a beast), and Eddie Royal (another beast). After Santana and Cooley, who do we have?

Funny, I thought it was the HC/OC/QB coach and QB that was mainly responsible for the offense. I guess JC called the plays and drew up the schemes also.

You can't separate out Zorn from JC in the offensive production. If Zorn has JC in a 5 WR route with all 5 guys running short routes and free blitzer coming, there's not much chance to push that YPA out. If you think JC was content to dink and dunk the entire game you don't know as much about JC as you'd like to think

Not to speak of the horror that is ARE starting 16 games, Moss dropping tons of passes, Portis going to MEMEME mode averaging a whopping 3 yards a carry during the playoff push.

Just like Campbell, Portis, and Carlos stated, anytime something goes wrong, it's ALL on Campbell. Carlos said it out of his mouth "it's not about how the line blocks, receivers dropping balls, the running game, etc, it's all Campbell...and even when we win, the credit NEVER goes to Campbell".

Auburn 2004 teams/record

Louisiana-Monroe 5-6

Mississippi State 3-8

LSU 10-2

Citadel 3-7

Tennessee 10-3

Louisiana Tech 6-6

Arkansas 5-6

Kentucky 2-9

Mississippi 4-7

Georgia 10-2

Alabama 6-6

Tennessee 10-3

Virginia Tech 10-3

6 teams under .500, hmmmm......

Is there any difference in competition?

http://sports.espn.go.com

This was 2004. LSU had shared the national title in 2003. However, the SEC was not getting the hype it currently gets. Everyone was still on USC's jock for being shafted. So the next season they make it USC v. Oklahoma, and Oklahoma proceeds to get blown out once again. Everyone with half a brain knew Auburn got shafted in 2004, they played the harder conference but got passed over due to rankings. Auburn fans are still pissed about it.

You'd be a fool to tell me that any team in the WAC was as good, if not better than teams like Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, LSU, VT, even Kentucky or Arkansas. Look what happened when Colt Brennan played a good defense in Georgia. Yeah. Blame his offensive line, that always seems in vogue. People also say Georgia was probably the best team by the end of the season in 2007. It certainly did not show in 2008 when that same Georgia defense was stopped by Alabama and Florida, and I think they had another loss and some very narrow wins as well.

Also, Tommy Tubberville does not care about offense it seems. It finally showed this season with him gone. He was pretty conservative on offense overall, and with two good RB's, it showed. Shoot he's probably just as bad if not worse than Gibbs II when it came to passing. Also, think of how many times in the red zone we couldn't convert. There were easily 10+ opportunities for that all season.

You can be like Colt and be accurate against a defense that would equate to a bunch of 3rd stringers at best in the NFL, or you can be like Campbell playing against defenses that would end up being starters in the NFL, and winning big games to boot.

hopefully this doesnt get smashed together with all the other campbell threads cause ive never seen all these numbers, but check some of them out.

2002: 94/149 - 1215 yards - 63.1 comp pct. - 11 TDs - 5 Ints

2003: 181/293 - 2267 yards - 61.8 comp pct. - 10 TDs - 8 Ints

2004: 188/270 - 2700 yards - 69.6 comp pct. - 20 TDs - 7 Ints

2005: rookie year, no stats

2006: 110/207 - 1297 yards - 53.1 comp pct. - 10 TDs - 6 Ints

2007: 250/417 - 2700 yards - 60.0 comp pct. - 12 TDs - 11 Ints

2008: 315/506 - 3245 yards - 62.3 comp pct. - 13 TDs - 6 Ints

Aside from his big year in college, he cant throw TD passes. no matter how many games he plays or how many passes he throws, he cannot throw TD passes. his INTs are always low because he plays very conservatively, and this is why he will never be the answer for us. to be a play maker in this league you have to be willing to make something happen, which campbell cannot/will not.

im interested on peoples take on his college vs nfl stats. do they matter? is it eerie that they are similar? does anything seem like its gonna change no matter what system he gets stuck in?

If his college stats are so telling, why not post ALL his college stats??

College: In 2004, Campbell was named Coaches' SEC Offensive Player of the Year, Associated Press SEC Offensive Player of the Year, Coaches' All-SEC First-Team and Associated Press All-SEC First-Team for his performance as Auburn quarterback. Named a finalist for the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award and a finalist for the inaugural Manning Award given to the nation's best collegiate quarterback.

Won 31 games, which was the most in Auburn history at the time and eighth in the SEC. He has posted a 31-9 record in 40 career starts including a 9-4 mark against top 10 teams in his last three seasons.

Who really cares if he throws 35-40 TDs a season, as long as he wins games for us and doesn't make mistakes??? I mean sure, big touchdown totals are exciting to see on paper, but I'd take 12 wins and 20 TDs over 9 wins and 35 TDs any day.

Archived