Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Unspoken Heroes of this Season

coldpacker

I want to give big props out to Pete Kendall.. No one really talks much of of the this aged left guard but his great play is (what I beleive) is one of the reasons why Clinton had such a great season.

Watching him pull or getting a down field block leaves me scratching my head why he hasn't received any pro bowl accolades.

At the tail end of his career, he still shows the fight and smarts for a few more seasons. I hope the redskins resign him.

Additionally I give props out to Ladell Betts. Ok, so you don't run the ball or block as well as CP26. I don't care. I get a sense of hope that we'll convert on 3rd down everytime i see you out there. You have AMAZING catch and run skills. I only wish the Redskins utilize you more in the passing game.

More props to Suisham. Everyone hates you on this board it seems. But whenever the place holder sets in his position, I still have a sense of confidence that you'll always make it. And if you don't? EVERYONE misses once in awhile..

I wanna give out honorable mentions to Stephon Heyer, Lorenzo Alexander, Demitric Evans, Smoot and Rogers!

More props to Suisham. Everyone hates you on this board it seems. But whenever the place holder sets in his position, I still have a sense of confidence that you'll always make it. And if you don't? EVERYONE misses once in awhile..

How can you have confidence in Suisham? I cringe and close my eyes every time he lines up for a field goal. EVERYONE misses a 54 yarder short? Gimme a break. Goodbye Suisham, dont let the door hit you on the way out.

I want to give big props out to Pete Kendall.. No one really talks much of of the this aged left guard but his great play is (what I beleive) is one of the reasons why Clinton had such a great season.

Watching him pull or getting a down field block leaves me scratching my head why he hasn't received any pro bowl accolades.

At the tail end of his career, he still shows the fight and smarts for a few more seasons. I hope the redskins resign him.

Additionally I give props out to Ladell Betts. Ok, so you don't run the ball or block as well as CP26. I don't care. I get a sense of hope that we'll convert on 3rd down everytime i see you out there. You have AMAZING catch and run skills. I only wish the Redskins utilize you more in the passing game.

I wanna give out honorable mentions to Stephon Heyer, Lorenzo Alexander, Demitric Evans, Smoot and Rogers!

Umm, who single handedly lost the game vs the Rams? Pete Kendall. Betts is just a mediocre RB, Smoot has gotten burned so many times, Heyer is still young.

Umm, who single handedly lost the game vs the Rams? Pete Kendall. Betts is just a mediocre RB, Smoot has gotten burned so many times, Heyer is still young.

That one mistake was real stupid but it doesn't change the fact that he was our most consistent o-lineman this year.

I think Sellers played as well as any full back for Washington has since Charlie Harraway.

While blocking. However, you could say that his stupid decision in the Cincy game to 1. try to freakin leap over the pile and 2. extend the ball, ended the 'Skins season.

Cooley has quietly had a very good year. Hall has been good also. Fletcher has been a beast. Landry actually made some spectacular plays.

That's about the extent of it.

Umm, who single handedly lost the game vs the Rams?

Leigh Torrence

I'll give some props to Betts, Randy Thomas, Cooley, and Jason Campbell

Betts- i agree, he is great on 3rd downs and catching and running

Randy Thomas- he has been the only o-lineman this year that i can't remember making any key mistakes

Cooley- Gets a lot of crap for 1 touchdown, but has a ton of catches and yards

Jason Campbell- does great with what he has...when the playbook opens and big recievers start contributing, he will be a top 5 QB

Rock Cartwright as always. Whenever this team got down and needed a big boost he'd find a way to make a great return. The guy is all effort.
I second Rock!
Rock always has been and always will be my favorite player.

Heck, he was my favorite long before he was even a REDSKIN.

He always gives the maximum effort and is all heart.

Fourthed.

Leigh Torrence

That's not fair. The play you're thinking of was an underthrown ball. The receiver made an adjustment which nullified Torrence's good position on the ball. The only way Torrence could've prevented the reception would've been to have turned around. Though, when the receiver is right next to you, that's not the best idea to look away from him (especially when you're still a young, and relatively new, player).

Torrence didn't cost us the game, our Oline did (as it usually does).

That's not fair. The play you're thinking of was an underthrown ball. The receiver made an adjustment which nullified Torrence's good position on the ball. The only way Torrence could've prevented the reception would've been to have turned around. Though, when the receiver is right next to you, that's not the best idea to look away from him (especially when you're still a young, and relatively new, player).

Pete Kendall cost us that game.

You make a good analysis of the play. It wasn't entirely Torrence's fault, but he got beat like a drum every time he was out there. And his punt coverage skills were atrocious.

And the O-Line didn't cost us that game.

Pete Kendall cost us that game.

Kindof but not really.

No, that game was lost by the million turnovers by the 'Skins "Star" players. They actually recovered and took the lead at one point after the Kendall fumble.

That was a whole team loss.

Suisham? Really?

And I still havent forgiven Kendall for that inexplicable catch and fumble.

I dont realy see why you would look for "heroes" in a season that doesnt end in a playoff berth. I do agree that Demetric Evans deserves for praise than he has gotten for his play. He's probably been our best defensive lineman.

Archived