Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Unspoken Heroes of this Season

coldpacker

Good thread, OP. Bout time we recognized some of the positives this season.

My season balls go to:

London, of course. The guy is as dependable and consistent as death and taxes. A gamer each and every week. Give us 53 of him and we win the SB more than once.

Rock. I believe it must gall him sometimes to only be called upon for ST, but he never ****es about it, just goes out and does his thing. True pro.

Iron Mike. Glad he got recognized with a trip to Honolulu, because the man is a monster. Just about the LAST thing any scraping LB wants to see coming through the hole at him. And the best looking hurdler I've seen since Edwin Moses.

'Los. Breakout year. Still can't catch a cold, but he's locked up on most team's #1 all year and contained them if not shut 'em down outright. Now if only stick'um was still legal -

Plack. Yes, I said Plack. That little (well, NOT actually) funnel-cake loving punter started slowly but has picked it up heading down the stretch. The way he's been kicking lately we might no longer have to look through our hands every time the Redskins punt. Still want to see both kicking spots open for comp next TC though...

I didn't bother with Cooley, JC or Southeast Jerome, because they gave me what I expected all year long -- and I mean that as a compliment. Paging Mr. Taylor, Mr, Jason Taylor - please pick up the white courtesy phone to explain when or if you think you might show a little something-something if you still keep playing?

I would settle for occasional flashes of your former Dolphin self, brother. You know, once in a while type of thing -

Demetric Evans (When Daniels went down I wanted him starting, and I posted so. I had also thought about him starting over Daniels, I always saw something good in Evans)

Rock Cartwright

Mike Green (he's done well when he's had to play)

Kareem Moore (same as Green, good on special teams)

Lorenzo Alexander (never quits, does everything he's asked, including trying a D-lineman's very best to cover Westbrook until his hammy gave out)

Fletcher/Rogers/Hall/Sellers aren't very "unspoken" heros so I didn't include them.

Archived