Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Spokane, WA- Man threatens to shoot snow plow drivers**Plow driver shot at***

ljs

all I can say is wow....I mean, really, we are all having to shovel the damn ice berms....

http://www.krem.com/topstories/stories/krem2-122308-gun-snow-plow.3583c05.html

SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane Police arrested a man for threatening to kill city snow plow drivers and showing a handgun.

Police said that around 3:30 p.m. Tuesday an elderly woman came out of her house near Providence and Howard in North Spokane and started yelling at city snow plow drivers because of the ice berm that was blocking her house.

Then 53-year-old Clay Moon came out of the same house and also started yelling at the plow drivers while holding a handgun pointed at the ground.

A few minutes after that confrontation, an anonymous call was made to the City Street Dept. saying that any plow driver that came down Providence would be shot.

Police used caller ID to trace the call to Moon's house.

Officers arrived at the scene and arrested Moon for felony harassment.

When I was shoveling Monday morning to go to work, I just got done with the plow came to my road. The first time since the snow began. The guy did two rounds, saw me and put his finger across his mouth as to say "Shh". then he proceeded to plow some of what was blocking my driveway. Very nice of him. It still had a few feet, but much less than if he had just done a normal plow. I was told that they are not allowed to help clear driveways...and many people ***** and complain about being blocked in. Especailly those on streets that get plowed a lot. oh well, just something we all have to deal with.

A friend asked if I would come help her shovel out her car. Now this gal is laid off during the winter months and has nothing else to do! I said, sorry, but I gotta shovel too (and go to work). I helped out my neighbors though. My back is so damn sore right now. It's going to suck coming back after Christmas to more snow.

its annoying as hell but what choice do they have, they cant possibly be expected to plow the front of everybodys driveway and believe me the wall they put in front of my house is the worst one you could ever imagine. my snowblower fights with every last breath to move the gigantic wall of slush they leave in front of my house and thats the worst part, they salt the crap out out of the road before they plow so its not snow anymore its slush.

Ive felt like that a million times. they just dont care that they put this huge wall of snow up in front of your driveway...

but a gun is a little too much...I guess..lol

During the winter I work with my dad to plow snow. I can't tell you how annoying it is to do the job sometimes. It's like people want you to magically lift up the snow to avoid their car and place it somewhere else. My job is to clear the streets/parking lots, not cater to each individual and leave a clear path for their car. What annoys me the most is when i'm plowing parking lots and people are clearing out a path so that they can get out, i'll put snow where they shoveled. Not intentional but the excess snow goes out to the side. Some people don't mind but there are some people who get pissed off at me. I'm on a schedule dude so i'm sorry theres really nothing I can do about it. I understand your frustration but is it that important that you have to go out in that weather?? The job pays very very well but sometimes those few *******s ruin it. This isn't directed at you Mike but i'm just saying thats it's not that they don't care its just sometimes its collateral damage.

:rant:

My teenage son can't wait for it to snow here. The community nearby is a retirement one and requires the home owners to get their short driveways and sidewalks clear - or they can pay $30 each time. My son has got a group of retirees signed up who will be more than happy to give him $20 for about ten minutes work each.

I was once had my car trapped in what had to be about four feet of snow....pretty much ice when I got to it. It took me about a couple hours but the lady next door came out and helped me for a little while. It was very nice of her and I'll never forget it. Now after I do my sidewalk/driveway I get started on hers.

Now all we need is some friggin snow!

an anonymous call was made to the City Street Dept. saying that any plow driver that came down Providence would be shot.

Police used caller ID to trace the call to Moon's house.

Officers arrived at the scene and arrested Moon for felony harassment.

Send this to the Dumb Criminals file

Shoveling snow will def. mess up your back, I think thats when I first hurt my back was a few years ago in Feb. when we got that 2' of snow and I ended shoveling my driveway like a dozen times.

BTW lori I was just talking about you today, how much snow do you have out there now?

well it melted some yesterday. Then froze overnight and now it's a damn blizzard again. I swear I feel like i live in a snow globe and someone just can't stop shaking it.

Well, it happened. people actually shot at the snow plow driver..

http://www.khq.com/Global/story.asp?S=9618261

Shooting at Snow Plow Driver in North Spokane

Driver fires gun at plow driver

SPOKANE, Wash. - Two suspects have been detained at Lyons and Division in Spokane in connection with a shooting at a snow plow driver.

Spokane Police Department are still looking for the bullet and are currently conducting witness interviews.

KHQ-TV is still working on the story and we will be bringing you more information. Check back online and watch tonight at 5:00pm for information.

here are some comments by viewers on the issue

-

justme

Monday, January 05, 2009It's winter people, and at winter time it snows. If you don't like it MOVE. I hope it snow another 10 feet just to piss you people off in Spokane. and as for the snow burms thats just to funny. Hats off to the plow drivers you guys are awesome at your jobs.

------------------------

Dianne

Monday, January 05, 2009I have to disagree with all of you except the one who tipped their snow plow driver,although Iwould not have given him a beer. I believe that people are getting cabin fever and with the snow piling up as it is is just making it worse. Also when you have just spent 3 hours shoveling out the berm that the plows have left in your driveway, along comes another plow to replace what you have removed, patience becomes rare. I do not condone shooting at anyone but I can understand the mind set. Cabin fever has been a legal reason for temporary insanity. Just some thing to think about. As far as the trans plants I came from Colorado and it is just something you have to deal with. Not just trans plants but natives too. Besides the guys were young, stoned and stupid.

-------

Sean

Monday, January 05, 2009Sad as it is, David, I feel you are wrong in your judgement of transplants.

I have lived in Spokane since '87 and have not shot at anyone.

Let us wait and see....could be the natives are restless.

-

--------------

Monday, January 05, 2009I hope it is a fabricated story. Some plow drivers laugh when they leave burms in the driveway and they are working long hours and they are being well paid. People in Spokane are not the same as they were years ago. We are getting too many implants here.

Thats why I tipped our plow guy with a beer (for later).-------------------------

Lori

Monday, January 05, 2009My husband has been snow plow drover for the county for 18 years. I have hardly even seen him since the snow began to fall. He works very hard to make the roads safe for all to drive on. And our own home is needing his help with this snow fall. This news article really angers me.

-------------------------

Ken

Monday, January 05, 2009In times of crisis, people tend to show their true colors.

Are you being part of the problem or part of the solution?

Let's not go all "Catriana" here.

-------------------------

lisa

Monday, January 05, 2009This a just CRAZY! Really, enough is ENOUGH! Yes the snow is getting on every ones' nerves but if you start shooting the people that are doing there best to make it so that you can get to work, school or even to the hospital then you really need to think about your priorties! There are children to think about and if you go around shooting people just because YOU don't like it then what are we teaching our future leaders!?!

-----------------

Monday, January 05, 2009This guy is just doing his job. It snows EVERY YEAR! People, just deal with it. I don't really like shoveling my driveway out, but I do need to be able to drive on the roads. If you don't like it... then move.

Archived