Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Flex schedule, calling out for HELP from fellow Extreme skins!HELP THE SKIN FANS!

DieHardSkinz

I have spoken to the folks at FOX/ WAVY this am at this point no decision has been made.

I am patiently waiting for a return call from the GM at the station Doug Davis on the issue.

Have a thousand things to get done. Soon as I hear from Doug and return home will update with a post.

THANKS TO ALL FOR VOTING (TWICE)!!!!!!

KEEP VOTING! I really hope this topic NEVER comes up again EVER!

Looks like they're voting over at the Cowboy Zone.

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141400

icon1.gifHelp Blackout the Redskins

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/sports/sport...uling_20081222

This station is a Fox station that carries the Redskins every week. This week they are thinking of bumping the Redskins to play the Cowboys Eagles game. Lets give the poll some help and save Skins fans from having to watch their abortion of a team

Jesus Christ!!!! We have FOUR TIMES as many members on ExtremeSkins as they do over there

Someone need to make this a TOP PRIORTY here and get ALL of us to vote

I voted twice already, one at each stations website

Jesus Christ!!!! We have FOUR TIMES as many members on ExtremeSkins as they do over there

Someone need to make this a TOP PRIORTY here and get ALL of us to vote

I voted twice already, one at each stations website

AMEN!

If everyone here will just put in the votes it will be a slam dunk!

The EXTREMES MUST STEP UP FOR A NOBLE CAUSE!

HAIL AND THANKS TO EVERYONE!!! :dallasuck

I live in the Outer Banks and WAVY is the NBC affiliate down here, too. I saw where they were trying to drum up interest on the air about which game to air. It's hard for me to believe that that station full of hacks(Andy Fox, chief amongst them) would be up to anything other than causing a stir. If Fox doesn't air the game, then WAVY should(they have the rights to air it when Fox doesn't). They know that the Redskins are their bread and butter, so I'd be stupefied if they didn't air the Skins.

Some real good early news. The GM ( Doug Davis) from FOX just returned my phone call, very nice and smart business man, AND UNDERSTANDS THIS WAS A VERY BAD MISTAKE!

At this point and there will be one more call this afternoon to closeout. But the good news this is being worked out at the very highest level, but right NOW he just gave my 99% assurance OUR REDSKINS WILL BE SHOWN OVER THE PUKES/ PHILLY GAME!

Keep voting until we get the FINAL WORD THAT THEY ARE SHOWING OUR GAME! THANKS TO ALL OF REDSKIN NATION AND KEEP VOTING, SOON AS WE GET WORD OR A LINK IT WILL BE POSTED!

Just found out and I live in Hampton Roads...uugghh. I cant belive this crap. They have showed the Cowterds all year in this area when they could even when the game stunk compared to other matchups in the NFL. Please vote, call, and email the sports director.

Here's the number for FOX 43- FOX43TV

243 Wythe Street

Portsmouth, VA 23704

Phone: 757-393-4343

I have been voting as many times as I can, looks like the percentage is getting closer. I also posted a comment and THEY REMOVED IT! I simply said that if they don't show this Redskins game, where does it end? What's the point of having a hometown team at all? I also said there are plenty of bars and restaurants that Cowboys or Eagles fans can go to watch their game and help the local economy at the same time. My final point was that this is our last game and probably not the last for either the Eagles or Cowboys (one or the other.) They removed my comments, so clearly they are just going to do whatever they want to do. This is a sad, sad day.

I dont know if it will do any good but I called and blasted them. By the way Bruce Radar (sp?) is the sports director. I told her it was already posted on the Skins board and they were going to get a ton of complaints.

The sad part is this poll is a joke Skins fans in Hamptonroads arent looking or expecting to have vote because the games are always on here. The angry folks will come out of the woodwork Sun at 4:16pm but by then it will be to late.

Some real good early news. The GM ( Doug Davis) from FOX just returned my phone call, very nice and smart business man, AND UNDERSTANDS THIS WAS A VERY BAD MISTAKE!

At this point and there will be one more call this afternoon to closeout. But the good news this is being worked out at the very highest level, but right NOW he just gave my 99% assurance OUR REDSKINS WILL BE SHOWN OVER THE PUKES/ PHILLY GAME!

Keep voting until we get the FINAL WORD THAT THEY ARE SHOWING OUR GAME! THANKS TO ALL OF REDSKIN NATION AND KEEP VOTING, SOON AS WE GET WORD OR A LINK IT WILL BE POSTED!

Being from a broadcasting background and being privy to the conversations of some of the WAVY employees over the last week, the entire "will they or won't they" question has been a ruse to drum up interest for the game. They never seriously considered airing a "Cowboy" game over a "Skins" game. Think about it, in Dallas, would a Skins' game take broadcasting precedence over the Cowboys' game? Of course not. Sad to say, this particular brand of broadcast promotion is utilized to create urgency and to use as a sales tool for potential advertisers. WAVY has the rights to the Skins' games whenever Fox doesn't pick up the option first. Ponder this, why would a TV station that fought for the secondary airing rights to the most popular pro team in the area NOT broadcast one of said team's games when given the chance and, instead, air the game of their chief rival? Doesn't make good broadcasting or business sense. But then again, this is WAVY. What is the relationship between WAVY and FOX? They're owned by the same people. One of them will air the Dallas/Philly game and the other one will air the Skins' game. Thing is, they'll say that they're airing both games due to public outcry, when, in fact, they've planned on airing both games all along. The only real question is which game will air on which station.

Happy Holidays everyone!

JurgyFan

READY FOR THE GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!

Here ya have it.......

Doug Davis just called me back as promised, (great man,no doubt). The GM of FOX/WAVY. He had just finished a conference call to the folks in LA/FOX. Its in the blood.

REDSKINS NATION HAS SPOKEN AND WE ARE GETTING ARE GAME!!!!!

FCK DALLAS AND PHILLY, YOUR **** OUTTA LUCK ASS HOLES!

Oh and yes it will be televised tonight of the outcome as just outlined. Will post a follow up link.

Thanks to all the EXTREME SKINS that helped in this cause. Have a Merry Christmas!

READY FOR THE GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!

Here ya have it.......

Doug Davis just called me back as promised, (great man,no doubt). The GM of FOX/WAVY. He had just finished a conference call to the folks in LA/FOX. Its in the blood.

REDSKINS NATION HAS SPOKEN AND WE ARE GETTING ARE GAME!!!!!

FCK DALLAS AND PHILLY, YOUR **** OUTTA LUCK ASS HOLES!

Oh and yes it will be televised tonight of the outcome as just outlined. Will post a follow up link.

Thanks to all the EXTREME SKINS that helped in this cause. Have a Merry Christmas!

Hell yes! Thank you to all the members of ES for your votes.

P.S. :dallasuck :eaglesuck

I just voted on two pcs's!!. Can't believe that this is actually up for discussion!!

I find it hard to believe they opened this can of worms. But the can has been closed. But, with that said Doug Davis did a fine job getting this resolved ASAP.

That will be seen tonight on the WAVY 10 and FOX News broadcast, made very clear what game is being shown.

THE REDSKINS! :dallasuck

Archived