Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lose to 49ers? (Play backups)

Rypien1191

I'm sure I'll get roasted and one-starred for this, but does anyone else see losing as the better option this weekend?

I'm glad we won yesterday - I wouldn't have wanted us to go on a 5 game skid to end the season and have questions about our team, Zorn, etc. Yesterday the team showed that it still has heart and that they want to play for Zorn, and that was good enough for me. Zorn should be the coach next year and I think he will be.

If this was a game that had ANY playoff implications for either side, then we have a duty to try and win, but as its a totally meaningless game, I don't think we necessarily TRY to "tank".... but isnt this a good chance to get some PT for the younger guys, and see what we have in place for next year? (Get the rookie WRs a lot of balls - see what Rhino can do - have Moore/Tryon start... maybe Colt even gets a few snaps to cull the CoC contingency).

If we win, we're going to be 9-7 and have a 3rd place schedule. If we lose, well get the Lions and Rams next year, and we probably move up 4 or 5 spots in the draft to #14 or so.

Begin roasting....

we had an easy schedule this year (NFC West, Lions, Saints, and AFC North..should have been 7 easy wins...we got 5 so far) and won't make the playoffs, so i'm not gonna blow games for an easy schedule

next year we get AFC West (should go no worse than 3-1), NFC South (hopefully 2-2), and then it depends on where we finish

Well, I'm more hoping for a higher draft pick.... I see us looking at Eugene Monroe or Michael Oher in the first round if available.... and they may be there at 12 or 13, but not there at 16 or 17.....

And again, I dont think we should TRY to lose.. but I think we should play some backups to see what we have for depth next year.... I know the 49ers will play hard for Mike.

I'm sure there were a lot of team glad they were playing the Falcons and Dolphins this year. Look how that ended up. Point being, we don't know who's gonna be the better teams next year so might as well win this year.

Very true. You really dont know who is going to be good and whos going to be bad. You can finish 4th and have toughest schedule in division. The only certainty from not winning as many games is having a higher draft pick but the Redskins will play hard and try to win. Players arent worried about position in the draft. The only time i think that really becomes a real issue is if the team is in the top 3 and the team thinks they can obtain a franchise player. At middle position we arent in that situation.

Hello no. While the rookies should get more playing time (as they did against the Eagles), we should do everything to try and win this game. The rest of the team as well as Zorn and the coaching staff will have a lot more confidence going into next season having won their last two games than if we lost to the lowly 49ers in the last week of the season.

Wherever our draft is, it doesn't matter. Winning>Better draft pick anyday(unless if you have a Peyton Manning in the draft and a chance at #1 overall).

8-8 is a heck of alot better than 7-9....but 9-7 is a heck of alot better than 8-8...

Last yera at 9-7 we made the playoffs...the NFC was just alot better this year than in year's past so it didn't quite work out that way this year.

But the difference between a WINNING season and a break even season is humungous!!!

We may get an easier schedule if we lose, but I'm not sure that would help us.

Sorry, gang ... the days of a vastly "easier schedule" went away after the 2001 when the current scheduling algorithm went into place.

Only two of our games are based on where we finish ... if we win in San Francisco, we will finish third in the division which means hosting Seattle and traveling to Green Bay. A loss keeps us in fourth and will bring St. Louis here and have us packing for Detroit.

The other eight games outside the division are common to all: the NFC South and AFC West. For us, we get two trips to the west coast (Oakland, San Diego) and two trips down I-85 (Charlotte, Atlanta). We get to see Denver, Kansas City, New Orleans and Tampa here at FedEx.

:2cents::2cents::2cents:

With that train of thought im sure the Niners would want to lose to. Im telling you right now teams in the NFL will NEVER lose on purpose.....well outside of an Al Davis team.

I sure hope both teams dont WANT to lose......it will make for an ugly football game.

I'm almost positive that the Rams have been trying to lose on purpose for about a month now...

we had an easy schedule this year (NFC West, Lions, Saints, and AFC North..should have been 7 easy wins...we got 5 so far) and won't make the playoffs, so i'm not gonna blow games for an easy schedule

next year we get AFC West (should go no worse than 3-1), NFC South (hopefully 2-2), and then it depends on where we finish

We got swept by the AFC WEST last time. As this year showed, there is no easy win.

Archived