Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lose to 49ers? (Play backups)

Rypien1191

never understood the "hope we don't make the playoff" guys, but I have to admit, when it's all over but the draft order for a team, I completely understand wanting to improve your position for next year... I also think it's a great chance to evaluate young talent at game speed vs practice or pre-season tempo...

if it were me, I'd throw colt in with every rookie we had and get out my red pen...

never understood the "hope we don't make the playoff" guys, but I have to admit, when it's all over but the draft order for a team, I completely understand wanting to improve your position for next year... I also think it's a great chance to evaluate young talent at game speed vs practice or pre-season tempo...

if it were me, I'd throw colt in with every rookie we had and get out my red pen...

Thank you, thats all I was really saying..... I definitely was still holding out hope for playoffs until the Atlanta final, but now that thats over, the draft is the most important thing...

NFL players don't get paid to play. They get paid to win. That said, it's important for these 2008 Washington Redskins to end their season on a positive note. Forget the draft. I'm sure Cerratto will be looking to trade up. Maybe not. It all depends on what's out there. The Redskins need to dig into the free agency pool and attain some solid offensive lineman and perhaps draft one. Everything else seems to be in place.

What their crowd will look like on Sunday I don't really know, but you owe it to the fans to put forth your best effort in every game. People are paying to see you do your job, and it's your duty to do it to the best of your ability. Not to mention that you're getting paid...

add to that integrity and this all pretty much sums it up for me. purposely losing/throwing a game is pathetic regardless of the circumstances.

I want to be able to say I cheer for a team with a winning record.

Here's hoping the players have more interest than the OP does in winning this game.

Are you REALLY going to be that much happier at 9-7 than 8-8, when we're out of the playoffs either way?

If next year we're drafting #18 and the guy we want gets picked up at #15, how comforting is that meaningless win going to be?

AGAIN, I'm not saying TRY to lose... but I think we should play a lot of reserve guys to have something of a foundation for certain offseason moves. I think thats more important than having a "winning record".

People should actually read the OP thoroughly before just assuming I said "TRY TO LOSE" - I simply said 'losing is a better option and our backups should play'.

With that train of thought im sure the Niners would want to lose to. Im telling you right now teams in the NFL will NEVER lose on purpose.....well outside of an Al Davis team.

I sure hope both teams dont WANT to lose......it will make for an ugly football game.

You think it could be uglier than yesterday's?

It's a matter of us playing (Seattle and Green Bay) or (Detroit and St Louis). Of course the latter looks a lot better but after what the Dolphins have done you can't take anyone for granted but the draft position is intriguing who knows

Well, I think you can pretty much take a game against the Lions to the bank every time...

:silly:

I'm sure I'll get roasted and one-starred for this, but does anyone else see losing as the better option this weekend?

I'm glad we won yesterday - I wouldn't have wanted us to go on a 5 game skid to end the season and have questions about our team, Zorn, etc. Yesterday the team showed that it still has heart and that they want to play for Zorn, and that was good enough for me. Zorn should be the coach next year and I think he will be.

If this was a game that had ANY playoff implications for either side, then we have a duty to try and win, but as its a totally meaningless game, I don't think we necessarily TRY to "tank".... but isnt this a good chance to get some PT for the younger guys, and see what we have in place for next year? (Get the rookie WRs a lot of balls - see what Rhino can do - have Moore/Tryon start... maybe Colt even gets a few snaps to cull the CoC contingency).

If we win, we're going to be 9-7 and have a 3rd place schedule. If we lose, well get the Lions and Rams next year, and we probably move up 4 or 5 spots in the draft to #14 or so.

Begin roasting....

I do not agree, LOOSING IS FOR LOSERS. We should thankful we have a coach and team that don't give up. As for the easier sceduale, I would like to beat the better bteams , that way people can't say we win with a soft sced.

Archived