Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Terminator 4 (and also now 5) merged--updates--MET

Spaceman Spiff

There has been so many movies now that i'm confused all over again each time a new one comes out.

I just can't understand why if the future is already happening, why send somebody back in time? The future already happened!! You're living it!

So this movie even confused me even more because the "arnold" terminator being built i thought already happened, and i thought the other movies estabilshed that the T-800 was obsolete.

So i guess this movie should have been a PREQUEL....since it was BEFORE anyone was sent back....but it CAN'T be, because the lady at the end tells Marcus that many machines before him failed to terminate Connor.....So confusing....

There has been so many movies now that i'm confused all over again each time a new one comes out.

I just can't understand why if the future is already happening, why send somebody back in time? The future already happened!! You're living it!

So this movie even confused me even more because the "arnold" terminator being built i thought already happened, and i thought the other movies estabilshed that the T-800 was obsolete.

So i guess this movie should have been a PREQUEL....since it was BEFORE anyone was sent back....but it CAN'T be, because the lady at the end tells Marcus that many machines before him failed to terminate Connor.....So confusing....

The T-800 was obsolete at the point in time in the future when they sent it back, hence the crazy liquid metal terminator thing existing. If that makes any sense, at all. They sent it back further in the future than T4 taking place, after newer terminators were invented.

I just confused myself typing that.

i really did enjoy this movie a lot. i don't completely understand why it got all the negative reviews, and comparing it to T2 is just unfair.

i don't think bale's performance was nearly as bad as some people have said. and i think they did do a great job developing worthington's character as i was rather upset when he had to die at the end.

i wish they had used the score more during some actions scenes like they did in the minefield scene. it would have made it that much more epic.

overall, its a must have when it hits blu ray IMO

No, I caught that but it didn't make sense. Why not just kill his father, thus preventing him from ever being born in the first place?

Obviously you don't know anything about how time travel works. If they killed him in their timeline it wouldn't cause John Connors to disappear in their timeline, it would just branch off another time line...

You need to take another remedial graduate level class in time string theory, or spend several days watching Star Gate reruns.

How would they even know that guy is Jon Connor's father?

The machines learned who his father was in Sarah Conors series towards the end of season 2.

How would they be able to identify him since he had never been anything but a civilian on the streets of LA?

From the passed.. Hello... They had his photo, his name, rank and serial number.... A terminator sealed himself into a bunker for 30 years and personally delivered the information to skynet.

What's up with them pulling out the "No fate but what we make" line at the end? Wasn't the whole point of #3 that Judgment Day was inevitable and you couldn't change the future? Oh wait, I forgot that female terminator killed a bunch of would-be lieutenants in #3, thus changing the future... So which is it A-holes?

It's the dueality of man and machine. Man trying to change his future and the machines living through the known eventuality of their existance. It's deep.

Glad to hear you didn't like the movie. I loved the orginal three and I enjoyed the recent series. Too bad they made the finale a stinker.

i really did enjoy this movie a lot. i don't completely understand why it got all the negative reviews, and comparing it to T2 is just unfair.

i don't think bale's performance was nearly as bad as some people have said. and i think they did do a great job developing worthington's character as i was rather upset when he had to die at the end.

i wish they had used the score more during some actions scenes like they did in the minefield scene. it would have made it that much more epic.

overall, its a must have when it hits blu ray IMO

Drats... now I'll have to go see it for myself. I didn't place much faith in the reviewers because

1) They aren't fans of the Genre, Terminator 1 was one of the all time great modern SCI FI flics and it got bad reviews.

2) Christian Bale was recently filmed chewing out a sound man on one of his sets... Being a real toolbox. This is the second or third time for Christian. I think Critics take that kind of stuff into account in reviewing one of his movies. I think he's no longer trendy...

Gave me pause when normal folks were trashing hte movie. But if some folks liked it, I'll have to see it.... It will complete the 20 year circle for me.

Saw T4 this weekend and I'd say the plot was fairly meh, but the special effects and sound were absolutely amazing. I will watch it again on DVD to see if I get anything else out of the plot (and for another reason if you read below, lol).

Ok, please excuse me while I chick out...

I love Christian Bale. He's one of the hottest actors around. But OH. MY. GOD. Sam Worthington (played Marcus Wright) is really ****ing hot!!!! :laugh:

It was a cross between the Matrix and War of the Worlds for me. Terrible movie, the plot, character development, story and script was pretty bad in my opinion. Even the action wasn't that good. Why do Terminators insist on throwing humans around against walls and stuff instead of just killing them on the spot? I don't get that, I thought they wanted to get rid of the human race, so why did they...might be a spoiler...take a lot of the humans hostage?

Saw it Friday. Good summer flick. Entertaining and not too plotty. Great special effects. Would have been better if rated R and if the hot chick were more naked. Pg-13 movies are always a disappointment for me.

A LOT like T2, which was, of course, awesome.

Is the best of the 3 movies ive seen so far this summer. In order it would go Terminator, Angels & Demons, Wolverine.

...if the hot chick were more naked. Pg-13 movies are always a disappointment for me.
Moon Bloodgood? She had a nude scene which was cut :mad:
It's tanking badly at the B.O.
:evilg::evilg::evilg:

I picked up T1 & T2 on blu ray earlier this week & went back & re-watched them. After doing so, I realised just how many nods to the original films T4 had. That single handed shot gun pump, Reese did it in the first film. In T4, you see where he picked that up at. In T2, Sarah does the same single handed shot gun pump.

Seriously, in retrospect, a film which I at first wasn't that damn thrilled about, has actually become something really ****ing cool after going back & watching the franchise from the beginning.

I picked up T1 & T2 on blu ray earlier this week & went back & re-watched them. After doing so, I realised just how many nods to the original films T4 had. That single handed shot gun pump, Reese did it in the first film. In T4, you see where he picked that up at. In T2, Sarah does the same single handed shot gun pump.

Seriously, in retrospect, a film which I at first wasn't that damn thrilled about, has actually become something really ****ing cool after going back & watching the franchise from the beginning.

Not to mention the terminator at the end getting molten steel poured on him, just like in T2. And Kyle Reese in T4 has a whiny high pitched voice just like John Connor in T2.

Okay I watched the original last night w/my dad and he picked up on a similarity w/the new one that no one has mentioned yet...

In the new one, Marcus shows Reese how to attach a strap on the end of a shotgun so it can't be knocked out of his hands...

In the beginning of the original just after Reese escapes from the cops on foot, he grabs a shotgun out of the police car. In the next scene it shows Reese sawing off the butt of the shotgun and attaching a strap so he can wear it on his arm under his trench coat...

this may be reaching, but I found it interesting

I saw Terminator yesterday. I thought it was pretty good. I loved the action scenes. The plot wasn't great but it was not horrible either. I really enjoyed it.

I'm a pretty big movie critic. I enjoyed Terminator. I thought it wasn't as good as #2 or #1, but it was better than #3....

It's no crime saying it's not as good as #2 or #1 cause those were two great Sci Fi movies. Among the best of all time. This was something new, and it was interesting. It added to the story. I thought the acting was good, my biggest problem with it were a few hoaky sceens towards the end. They diminished the show in my perspective, but I still enjoyed it.

Another scene I noticed was they showed the terminator walking up the stairs, just like the first one.

Okay I watched the original last night w/my dad and he picked up on a similarity w/the new one that no one has mentioned yet...

In the new one, Marcus shows Reese how to attach a strap on the end of a shotgun so it can't be knocked out of his hands...

In the beginning of the original just after Reese escapes from the cops on foot, he grabs a shotgun out of the police car. In the next scene it shows Reese sawing off the butt of the shotgun and attaching a strap so he can wear it on his arm under his trench coat...

this may be reaching, but I found it interesting

I caught that as well & thought it was a great touch.:) I went back & watched T3 as well the other night. Throw that one in the mix & you'll notice that "Come with me if you want to live." seems to be to Terminator what "I've a bad feeling about this." is to Star Wars. :saber:

Archived