Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thomas is #3/Fred Davis activated/Kelly inactive/Springs in, Griffin out (MERGED)

THUNDERDOME

WT: Redskins 360: Springs in, Griffin out

http://www.washingtontimes.com/weblo...s-griffin-out/

Click link for entire article

Springs in, Griffin out

Redskins 360

Ryan O'Halloran

Good Sunday morning from the press box at Paul Brown Stadium.

The inactives have been released by the Redskins and the only surprise is receiver Malcolm Kelly won't be in uniform. Kelly is a healthy scratch.

Who's out: QB Colt Brennan, Kelly, S Chris Horton, LB Marcus Washington, G Will Montgomery, T Jon Jansen, OL D'Anthony Batiste and DT Cornelius Griffin.

CB Shawn Springs will play and DT Kedric Golston is back after missing a few games.

TE Fred Davis is back in uniform after sitting out three straight games.

The Redskins also say DeAngelo Hall is starting for Carlos Rogers, which is interesting but I don't think it's a big deal.

Wow, so DeAngelo is gonna start opposite Springs? That's pretty interesting.

I thought Springs had officially been benched like two weeks ago.

Its Rogers and Hall as far as I know.

Though for this game it's Hall at #1 probably because they want Rogers on TJ Whosyourmama.

Either way they'll all see playing time.

They said Davis is active so they can get more pass protection in since Yoder is injured and thats why Kelly is out.

So they keep Yoder, who's hurt active and add another TE, and deactivate a WR.

I guess I'm down with Pass Pro being important. But if Yoder is injured, then just inactivate him, activate Davis, and let Kelly play.

I see the logic, I'm not sure I agree with it.

But the board is going to go completely ape %$#@ if they don't get big plays (win or lose) and cry that if Kelly was in, he would have solved that problem. Without regard to the fact that he hasn't done it yet.

I guess I'm down with Pass Pro being important. But if Yoder is injured, then just inactivate him, activate Davis, and let Kelly play.

But the board is going to go completely ape %$#@ if they don't get big plays (win or lose) and cry that if Kelly was in, he would have solved that problem. Without regard to the fact that he hasn't done it yet.

looks like zorn is growing in confidence in devin... hopefully he produces

They probably don't trust Davis too much and are just covering their ass in case he sucks; so they can just throw Yoder back in even if he isn't 100%

Posted at 11:36 AM ET, 12/14/2008

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/12/inactiveslineup_changes.html

Hall Starts in Rogers' Place

CB Carlos Rogers is not starting, which comes as a surprise to us, and no doubt to him as well. DeAngelo Hall, a guy he figured might come in here and perhaps end up getting some of his cash, is starting, along with Shawn Springs.

As for inactives:

S Chris Horton (shoulder), DT Cornelius Griffin (shoulder), T Jon Jansen (knee), LB Marcus Washington (ankle), WR Malcolm Kelly, G Will Montgomery, OL D'Anthony Batiste, and Colt Brennan (third QB).

Mike Green starts for Horton. Anthony Montgomery starts for Griffin. H.B. Blades starts for Washington.

Bengals are without QB Carson Palmer, RB Chris Perry, RB Kenny Watson, S Chinedum Ndukwe, T Levi Jones, TE Ben Utecht, WR Jerome Simpson , G Evan Mathis.

As I posted in another thread, I don't understand this. Hall has played well, but Rogers should be a PB'er. I know his hands are still a problem but outside of one or two decent weeks, he's been lockdown in coverage. Why not start Springs at safety over Green and get all the good CBs in?

Archived