Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vinny Isn't That Bad...

Chiefinonhaze

One thing I should note is that Zorn is the first Head Coach where Vinny had ANY say about the decision. Every other coaching decision has been purely on Snyder's head.

So if Zorn goes, Vinny should go too, right?

We all know that will never happen. Vinny will never be held accountable by Danny because he lets Danny play in the sandbox.

That said, for the record, I like Zorn. A lot.

"I have to give them credit, they put together one of the best practice squads in the league," one NFL executive said.

Vinny isn't THAT bad.

I was just in that thread, that theory is shot to ****. Who the **** cares about a great practice squad? Why are we signing them to our active roster if Vinny is so great?

Practice? **** practice and **** Vincento right in the ass.

What about the water boys? They look dehydrated a lot more than other teams.

Did someone call? I see all these threads about getting rid of VC, but not much from all you experts on who would be the replacement and how that person would work with DS and JZ, et al.

As usual, most of the chat on these boards are about actions without consequences. "We should sign this person" or "that person should be fired" or "we need more OL or DL".

There oughtta be a rule that when you suggest a change be made, you have to explain the whole transaction, not just the easy one side. Yeah, I know that's too hard for the geniuses that propose these things. You would have to think the whole thing through, when hit and run is much much easier.

Regarding "dehydrated" players - drinking pickle juice before and during the game is the answer according to the D.O.C. (or BMitch), but I don't see much of that stuff on the sideline.

I don't but I will take one for the team if I have to. Or should I say give one for the team? :silly:

Breaking News Alert.....

Redskin Fan of the Year award clinched with late entry through the back door. Fan said to be honoured at getting to the core of being a Redskin. Redskin Quaterback said to be interested in improving his accuracy with this "shooting at the hole" idea.

(I'll quit before the groans get TOO loud. :silly:).

Hail.

Yes, Vinny IS that bad. He's so bad that the only excuse people can make for him anymore is "he doesn't make the decisions on his own."

You know what, F Vinny. F Danny. F the people who keep defending that clown with the same damn excuse "he doesn't make the decisions on his own". Fire Vinny's sorry ass and hire someone WHO CAN MAKE DECISIONS ON HIS OWN. Like say, Bill Parcells, or any REAL GM.

Did someone call? I see all these threads about getting rid of VC, but not much from all you experts on who would be the replacement and how that person would work with DS and JZ, et al.

As usual, most of the chat on these boards are about actions without consequences. "We should sign this person" or "that person should be fired" or "we need more OL or DL".

There oughtta be a rule that when you suggest a change be made, you have to explain the whole transaction, not just the easy one side. Yeah, I know that's too hard for the geniuses that propose these things. You would have to think the whole thing through, when hit and run is much much easier.

Regarding "dehydrated" players - drinking pickle juice before and during the game is the answer according to the D.O.C. (or BMitch), but I don't see much of that stuff on the sideline.

We could promote from within. I know Morroco Brown and Scott Campbell do a good job. Sometimes the only thing hindering good decisions is the ONE guy at the top, making bad ones.

Breaking News Alert.....

Redskin Fan of the Year award clinched with late entry through the back door. Fan said to be honoured at getting to the core of being a Redskin. Redskin Quaterback said to be interested in improving his accuracy with this "shooting at the hole" idea.

(I'll quit before the groans get TOO loud. :silly:).

Hail.

OLS :notworthy

Yes he hasn't put emphasis on the trenches, but he is not the only one calling the shots. He may not have felt the need to build the O-line because we had three above average and one of them being a probowler offensive line.

You cannot expect him to use a first rounder on a o-linemen when we had proven veterans.

As far as the D-line, we have good d-lineman for our system. Our system requires guys that can stop the run, and Phillip Daniels was a large part of that. Do you forget Anthony Montgomery and Kedric Golston? Those are two late round steals on the D-line....

Once again, he doesn't make all of the decisions. Hell, he doesn't even have the final decision. He may have a bad track record I don't follow him like that, but I would say he hasn't done bad for us the past 5 years.

But the Giants keep drafting D-Linemen, even when they don't need them.

Like I said, he is not a great G.M. But he is not the only one making decisions.

WRONG. Starting this year, he is the only one making decisions. Please read the following and try to absorb it.

VINNY CERRATO NAMED EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT

ASHBURN, VA - The Washington Redskins today named Vinny Cerrato to the new position of Executive Vice President/Football Operations. He will assume responsibility for ALL aspects of the team's football organization - including personnel, the team roster, scouting and salary cap management.

Saying Vinny isn't that bad just because he's not Matt Millen is not a good argument. That's like saying Saddam Hussein isn't quite as bad as Adolf Hitler.

The sad thing is that our management is bringing this team down to the level of what the Lions and Cardinals have been for DECADES.

Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly and Fred Davis all had 1st round grades. They can't get their butts in shape and learn the playbook? Not Vinny's fault.

We

Nightbird, you make some good points and I agree that the crap we've seen for 9 years isn't all on Vinny but I would like a General Manager that is able to do the kind of research necessary to determine if really high draft picks are in shape, are smart, can learn a playbook, have debilitating knee conditions, etc.

We have made playoffs 2 out of last three years and are in the race once again. The argument that we are not good is stupid.

I really hate when our fans bring this up. We won 17-10 in TB with our defense after Boonell completed 7 passes the whole game. Then got beat at Seattle. The 2nd time, we got beat at Seattle yet again. One and done in the playoffs is not my idea of a good team. Sorry, but as an older fan who witnessed 3 SB wins, the expectations of our fan base has really been lowered. Could you imagine in 1982-1991 ANY Redskins fan settling for ONLY playoff appearances? We expected to win AND advance in the playoffs. Two of Three years, what a laugh. 10-6 and 9-7 and we had to win out by the skin of our teeth to get in.

You're missing his point. His point, which he happened to use this years draft to back up, is that our FO doesn't use those 1st rounders responsibly, like they should! We trade them or spend them on glamor positions. For the last DECADE. These are the picks that should have been used in the past for lineman, so that this current situation didn't exist at all. Instead we will have to rush the process over the next season or two to scramble and make up for it.

And, there is a reason why we have not made it deep into the playoffs. Without young talented trenches, you don't go anywhere. Its that simple. A good line can make any defense look better than it is, and any Qb, wr, and rb look better than they are, and win championships. A decimated, aging line on both sides puts all the pressure on the skill positions and secondary, which DOESN'T work against better-built teams deeper into the playoffs. I'm a homer and optimist when looking at the present through and through on gameday, and looking ahead to gameday. But it doesn't stop me from seeing reality in the way our FO has blundered through a decades worth of offseasons.

1981- Drafted Grimm and May, signed Jacoby. Case in point.

I shake my head when people say that Heyer is not "starting material". Everyone seems to want young players to be fully formed when they enter the NFL and if they aren't, then that must be all they will ever be.

I agree with this also. I think the guy has a good future here. Let's see him play his actual position the next 3 weeks (LT) and form and opinion to his future. Alot of people think he's a RT, which is not true. He's been playing out of position to what he played in college and HS.

Nightbird, you make some good points and I agree that the crap we've seen for 9 years isn't all on Vinny but I would like a General Manager that is able to do the kind of research necessary to determine if really high draft picks are in shape, are smart, can learn a playbook, have debilitating knee conditions, etc.

Welcome to the draft, where such things are always variables. That's where you get 2nd round picks who are behind the curve and a 7th round pick who has taken advantage of the opportunities presented and got himself ahead of the curve.

You can do all the research you can, but it is still up to the player to back up his draft position.

I really hate when our fans bring this up. We won 17-10 in TB with our defense after Boonell completed 7 passes the whole game. Then got beat at Seattle. The 2nd time, we got beat at Seattle yet again. One and done in the playoffs is not my idea of a good team. Sorry, but as an older fan who witnessed 3 SB wins, the expectations of our fan base has really been lowered. Could you imagine in 1982-1991 ANY Redskins fan settling for ONLY playoff appearances? We expected to win AND advance in the playoffs. Two of Three years, what a laugh. 10-6 and 9-7 and we had to win out by the skin of our teeth to get in.

Exactly, and guess what? We have to win out again this year and even that may not be enough!

I agree

Maybe you should look up his resume, because he did draft Samuels. That was his first draft with the Redskins.

We're both wrong because Vinny's first year with the Skins was 1999 and Samuels was drafted in 2000. I thought it was 2001, which is when Marty fired him;).

Even if he does get some credit for Samuels, it's not enough to vindicate him IMO.

Archived