Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jim Zorn support thread (Merged)

skinsaddict

I support him. I think that other players need to step up besides CP - but he still needs to fix his scheme a little. But you're right, Rome wasn't built in a day. Tom Coughlin finished 6-10 his first year and lost 6 of his last 7...then went 11-5. Reid started 5-11. Hell, even the great Joe Gibbs finished 8-8. The success of the other rookie HCs this year is unusual. The first year is hard. It doesn't help when your OL is decrepit and no one playing on the team gives a **** (except for CP and a FEW select others)

Although, i gripe like everyone else:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=274272

Talk of firing the Z-man is crazy!

Campbell is playing at a higher level this year. The team is doing far better

then most expected at the start of the season.

IMO Zorn is a victim of his early success.

Let him re-tool the offensive line.

Let him get some coaches in here that know the WCO.

How can everyone blame Vinnie for having sub-par

talent on one hand then ask for the over-achieving coach's head?

Crazy!

2708024197_99b3f52b23.jpg?v=0

3 more years! 3 more years! 3 more years!:)

:cheers:

exactly why do you support him throwing him under the bus?

dungy, bellicheat, gibbs. never heard of them doing anything like that.

Not that I believe any of them would do that, but it not always makes news when a coach and player have issues. Despite what you don't hear, it does happen.

Zorn is the coach and should be for a while

I support him completely

its funny how no matter what people on here always want a new coach if we are doing poorly... remember how this guy went form qb coach to head coach in a matter of week this is expected

Don't worry, we didn't miss your impulsive foolishness before.
Thanks for repeating one of the most retarded posts made on ES.

Not only is there zero proof that anything like what was posted did happen, you also blindly used it to combat against Zorn to push your own cause.

You fail and are full of suck.

Except that LL56 has been found to be 100% right on more than one occasion. He doesn't just post hypothetical or "a guy said" kind of stuff.

Zorn is a rookie HC. He coaches like a rookie and acts like a rookie. OJT is painful. Lets just hope he learns to be a HC before he totally loses the team. That includes getting through to Clinton and reaching some sort of happy medium.

Running backs are easy enough to replace. Just ask this forum. An RB is just as good as his line. That was their justification for Betts' awesome year in 06, and excuse for Clinton's high yards, low ypc year in '07.

Zorn is a first year head coach. He's still, for all intents and purposes, a rookie. Clinton Portis is a vastly overpaid rb, who is used to being able to tell the coach when he wants in or out of the game. People here laugh at other teams for their prima donnas, but they sing Portis' praises. If one of them has to go, I hope it's Portis. He's not going to get any better. He's a high mileage rb.

What I'd prefer is for Zorn to man up and do to Portis what Singletary did to Davis in SF.

Except that LL56 has been found to be 100% right on more than one occasion. He doesn't just post hypothetical or "a guy said" kind of stuff.

Thanks for backing me up there in my absense... It's called reading between the lines and taking everything into consideration. Some of these guys need to try that.:2cents:

I liked Zorn. Until he started throwing his players under the bus. He may not directly call them out (other than the recent portis incident) but i have yet to hear him take blame for anything in the game. Its always "the line didnt block", "we didnt catch the ball", "couldnt convert on 3rd down" ...that kinda garbage wears on the players and dosent settle well.

I support zorn. We've got to give him some time. I hope CP is trying to throw some fire on everyone like he did earlier this season. Ever since his lashed out on his oline the went on a streak. Of course the media is going to talk about this all week and blow it way out of proportion. Zorn and CP better work this **** out and focus on the bangles.

I liked Zorn. Until he started throwing his players under the bus. He may not directly call them out (other than the recent portis incident) but i have yet to hear him take blame for anything in the game. Its always "the line didnt block", "we didnt catch the ball", "couldnt convert on 3rd down" ...that kinda garbage wears on the players and dosent settle well.

Amen

Because Portis mouthed off Zorns approval is down? Not because we have the worst offensive and defensive lines in the league?

I feel sorry for Zorn. Hes doing the best that he can with what he has - he is honest, he is hardworking, and hes trying to do what he thinks is best for the team. He walked into a hornets nest combo of possessed fans, flawed team, a new system, and a volatile organization.

I can understand Portis, and I can understand Zorn. Zorn thought Betts was better prepared because he practiced, and so Zorn thought it was better for the team to have Betts out there. Then the next day Portis goes off on the radio and everyone is calling for Zorn's head.

When we were 6-2 Zorn was coach of the year.

Now we've lost 4 times in 5 weeks because we've played BETTER teams who have BETTER personnel because their BETTER front offices had BETTER drafts and offseason moves? And thats Zorns fault for inheriting it?

Zorn is not Gibbs. No one will be. This is his first go around, and he doesnt have the experience of being able to rally a team just yet. He shouldn't have to be responsible for that - these guys are professionals making millions - its up to them to play up to their potential. And they may be, but for the last month, our team just havent been good enough.

Zorn deserves better and at least a second year.

yea anyone who said that was a retarded post youre wrong. im not blaming you but just letting you know that telling LL56 that he is wrong is like telling one of the players in the lockerroom that they dont know whats goin on in there. the guy has legit info

yea anyone who said that was a retarded post youre wrong. im not blaming you but just letting you know that telling LL56 that he is wrong is like telling one of the players in the lockerroom that they dont know whats goin on in there. the guy has legit info

there is nothing in that post that wouldnt be a learning opportunity for a new coach.

the players sure kept their mouth shut when we were winning.

Archived