Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: If McNabb becomes available in the off season, do we go after him?

Commander PK

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

McNabb?.... Are you serious?....

The guy who doesn't know that ties are possible in a professional sport he's been playing for over 10 years?...

A guy who's deep passing skills are arguably even worse than any QB we have on our roster, which isn't saying much...

In a word, NO!

Slim have you checked McNabb's #'s. With the exception of the year that Philly had T.O., McNabb has never had that go to WR. He's put up 3000 yd seasons and his TD to Int ratio is OUTSTANDING. The second best WR McNabb has ever had statistically before this sesaon is James Thrash. I don't even use win/loss records when it comes to team sports but since the powers that be do, look at McNabb's win/loss record too as a starter. I can see someone saying they might not look at McNabb because of his age but if McNabb had some of the elite skilled position players that other QB's have had, his #'s would be more outstanding than they are. Nothing against Peyton Manning for instance but hell give McNabb, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Marcus Pollard, Edgerrin James year in and year out in the smae sytem behind a beasty O-line. Kurt Warner is good but he's has some outstanding WR's in his career. Torry Holt, Issac Bruce,Marshall Faulk, Ricky Prohel, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin etc. Hell Check Warner's win/loss record. Its not what McNabb's is. McNabb is one of the most under rated QB's ever to me.

Troy Aikamn is over rated. He's labled accurate yet his TD to INT ratio is average at best. Why throw so many int's if he's so accurate and he's had the perfect situation around him. Dallas had a great defense and great offensive lne and runnig game. Aikman just road the wave.

WTf is wrong with people?

Why in the **** would we sign Donovan McNabb? Another over-the-hill QB who would have to learn a new system and if our OL doesn't get fixed then he has less mobility than Jason Campbell so he would get sacked even more.

Come on man, you're smarter than that.

WTf is wrong with people?

Why in the **** would we sign Donovan McNabb? Another over-the-hill QB who would have to learn a new system and if our OL doesn't get fixed then he has less mobility than Jason Campbell so he would get sacked even more.

Come on man, you're smarter than that.

Who's smarter than what? Andy Reid learned the WCO from Holmgren, same guy Zorn learned it from. McNabb is essentially running the same offense. His mobility is at worst the same as Campbells. Check the stats. He is an upgrade.

Dont we hav enough Vets on this team. We need to get younger. McNabb cmon I thought skins fans knew something about football. Your people are too damn crazy. Get over it already......

I say Yes if he becomes available. He's great when healthy, and could bring veteran leadership to the team.

Who's smarter than what? Andy Reid learned the WCO from Holmgren, same guy Zorn learned it from. McNabb is essentially running the same offense. His mobility is at worst the same as Campbells. Check the stats. He is an upgrade.

No he's not an upgrade. He's another QB on the declining side of his career. He's been in that same Reid system for the last decade, that's why he does well in it. He's not the same rusher he was in the early 2000s, injuries have slowed him up and hindered his mobility. When will we learn our lesson about taking players with little to no upside?

No he's not an upgrade. He's another QB on the declining side of his career. He's been in that same Reid system for the last decade, that's why he does well in it. He's not the same rusher he was in the early 2000s, injuries have slowed him up and hindered his mobility. When will we learn our lesson about taking players with little to no upside?

If you're talking about his age Ok you might have a point. Declining? how? He doesn't scramble the same but he's mobile enough. Also McNabb is once again haveing a decent season. He'll probably finish with like 3600 yds passing and completing 60% of his passes. He has 19tds to 10ints right now. He's having a decent season. He'll probably have like 25 td's thrown. I think Jason is doing well in his 1st season, plus playing behind this line. All that being said though, I think McNabb would be an upgrade. I laugh when Philly fans knock McNabb. If they cut him they'll see how much they miss him.

What on earth are you talking about? Reid's system is basically the same as ours. McNabb is on a 4000 yard 27 td pace this year. This is declining? Your arguments hold no water. Have you even checked out the stats or are you just being a Campbell apologist.

What on earth are you talking about? Reid's system is basically the same as ours. McNabb is on a 4000 yard 27 td pace this year. This is declining? Your arguments hold no water. Have you even checked out the stats or are you just being a Campbell apologist.

What are you talking about? McNabb has a nasty injury history that isn't going to improve with age. Physically he is declining. Why would we go spend a lot of money on someone with that kind of history when we could put that money toward a position that we know needs to be filled (unlike QB). Do we never learn our lessons about signing other teams leftovers?

Also, you keep saying that Reid's system is the same as ours, have you seen both playbooks to be so sure? Just because two coaches run the same style of offense doesn't mean that their playbooks are identical. In fact, I would venture to say that our run game is very different than what Donovan is used to calling in Philadelphia.

What are you talking about? McNabb has a nasty injury history that isn't going to improve with age. Physically he is declining. Why would we go spend a lot of money on someone with that kind of history when we could put that money toward a position that we know needs to be filled (unlike QB). Do we never learn our lessons about signing other teams leftovers?

Also, you keep saying that Reid's system is the same as ours, have you seen both playbooks to be so sure? Just because two coaches run the same style of offense doesn't mean that their playbooks are identical. In fact, I would venture to say that our run game is very different than what Donovan is used to calling in Philadelphia.

McNabb did have a Sports Hernia I think in 2005, and he got hurt in 2006 but he's had a pretty good track record during his career injury wise. The Skins stuck with the zone blocking that CP likes but the passing concepts in the WCO are similar. I perosnally think the Skins need to shore the O-line 1st and foremost. I think Jason has proven if given time with a running game he can be a good QB. That being said I think McNabb would be even better because of his experience.

McNabb did have a Sports Hernia I think in 2005, and he got hurt in 2006 but he's had a pretty good track record during his career injury wise. The Skins stuck with the zone blocking that CP likes but the passing concepts in the WCO are similar. I perosnally think the Skins need to shore the O-line 1st and foremost. I think Jason has proven if given time with a running game he can be a good QB. That being said I think McNabb would be even better because of his experience.

I'm not sold or unsold on Jason yet. I think we have to see how he performs behind an offensive line that doesn't get him killed. If the beginning of the season is any indicator then he just might be the man for the job.

But as far as McNabb goes, it's not worth it IMO. Say we sign him and give him a big payday and he doesn't end up injured and does a good job at the position (this being the best-case scenario), how long do you honestly think he would stay here?

In today's NFL you need a franchise QB to lead your team. But first you have to have a line that can protect that QB. This isn't "you father's" NFL so to speak where a coach can win 3 Super Bowls with 3 different QBs. I want to get that position right for the next 10-15 years. I want to find the right player that can lead this team for the rest of his career. I don't want to sign a veteran at the end of his career only to have to hunt for his replacement a couple of years later, if he happens to succeed outside of a role that he's been in for a decade.

I said "yes" only if he's not too expensive. There are plenty of QBs older than 32 that have had majorly successful years. Favre, Warner and Kerry Collins to name a few. McNabb, big caveat coming, when healthy, is among the top 10 QBs in the league easily. Campbell may get there, but isn't yet and might never.

Really I don't see him coming here. But I don't think it's the worst hypothetical question I've ever heard.

Archived