Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Not Poll: Your most disheartening moment from this season so far?

Commander PK

?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Springs
    • Rogers
    • Hall
    • Smoot

My most disheartening moment is every time i see a pass play call. And for me, pass plays are disheartening for 2 reasons.

Reason 1.) Campbell lacks every quality of a good qb. He also looks scared as hell. campbell doesn;t even know how to step up in the pocket. I just absolutely hate seeing him look so uncomfortable every single play.

Reason 2.) It's also very frustrating to me because we have santana moss, randle el, chris cooley, malcom kelly and devin thomas, and the offense struggles to get these people the ball. It also frustrates me to see these good receivers out on the field and zorn sends them on basic hooks, slants and screens. Our passing game has no big play capability at all.

Yeah, the O-line is I think the main part of the problem here. Most of the time, Campbell doesn't get the time to get the ball off. The problem I have with Campbell, is aside from the few good throws he had tonight, like the Touchdown to El, is that he is to often putting the ball in a bad spot for the receiver to catch it. He's rarely ever hits a receiver in stride, and he is often too low, too high, or throwing behind his receivers. Our biggest pass plays are usually the result of a screen, when the receiver gets some decent blocks and gets some yardage after the catch. I'm also tired of EVERY SINGLE TIME WE HAVE A THIRD DOWN AND WHATEVER YARDAGE, THE PASS IS THROWN SHORT. What the hell is up with that? Why does Campbell keep thowing short of the marker on third down? If we need 8 he throws a 6 yard pass. If we need 14 he throws a 10. BEYOND frustrating to watch.

They tore my heart out just like they did in Seattle last year in the playoffs. Only this season it doesn't look likely that they will even make the playoffs.

So now comes the 10,000,000 question:

What do we do with Zorn? Do we keep him and pass up Cowher? Or whomever else is the next big thing. The problem with Cowher, I don't think he'll be into it.

and another thing for me with the third down passing, is simple mathematics.

If you throw a 6 yard pass on 3rd and 8, you need two things to happen.

1. The catch has to be made

2. The receiver has to be able to run for the extra yardage to get the first down.

If you throw say a 9 or a 10 yard pass on 3rd and 8, then only ONE thing needs to happen.

1. The catch has to be made.

Isn't it really that simple?

7-6 and we still haven't had a 30 point game.

and nothing we saw tonight indicating that was going to happen this season. At this rate we will be lucky to score 10 points in each of the three games we have left. In order to score 30, we would have to see something out of the offense, that we haven't seen yet this year. I don't think this offense has the ability to put up 30 points.

Losing to Dallas at home because at least in the Rams game we moved the ball well on offense and the D played well overall. Take out the turnovers against the Rams and it would have been an easy W, but the last month of losing has left us with no optimism. We are getting flat out beat.

Rams Loss! I was at that game and there was no way that a winless team should have beaten us at home. You can't put that loss on Campbell, he put them ahead. The defense gives up a 40 yard bomb to a rookie receiver and they capitalize on it. AAAAAHHHH I get so mad thinking about that game because it really haunts us and what might have been.

Rams Loss! I was at that game and there was no way that a winless team should have beaten us at home. You can't put that loss on Campbell, he put them ahead. The defense gives up a 40 yard bomb to a rookie receiver and they capitalize on it. AAAAAHHHH I get so mad thinking about that game because it really haunts us and what might have been.

You CAN'T lose at home to the Rams if you expect to be a playoff team. That loss really set the tone, and from there on it's been a rough month.

All things remaining equal, think of where we'd be now, if we had won that game. 8-5, and still right in the thick of things. Because of that loss, every loss to a great team hurt us more than it should have.

I think it was tonight when I realized that this team has little interest in the games and Zorn looks completely lost.

I'm proud of the defense because they fight their guts out game after game and are the only reason the scores of the last 5 games haven't been embarrassing.

But the offense and Zorn have just been unwatchable.

6-2 to 7-6, it's sad and pathetic.

I think seeing what people say about our team here on ES in probably the most disheartening.

C'mon man. For me it's about the Washington Redskins as a whole. The legacy of the franchise. A sum that is greater than ANY of it's parts. If one of those "parts" is screwing up, I have no problem with them getting called out. Many of us cannot drink the kool aid anymore, and I'm tired of being one of the endless optimists. Right now there are some serious problems with our team, and I'm sorry but being ANYTHING but disheartened with this team right now is just blind homerism. It's not even that they are losing, it's the manner in which they are losing. 1/2 the team looks like they don't even give a ****.

I have to say The Rams game a close second the Giants game at home thought they would came out and played some insipiring football after the Sean Taylor dedication.

I agree. Coming out with absolutely nothing in a game to Honor a fallen teamate was depressing, the Giants are a good team, but at least put up a fight. Then I put the Rams loss in second place

Archived