Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Not Poll: Your most disheartening moment from this season so far?

Commander PK

?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Springs
    • Rogers
    • Hall
    • Smoot

Playing solid defense throughout and looking like we had the game in hand against the winless Rams, only to end up witnessing our entire team's momentum change after Leigh Torrence, his seeing eye dog, and his blind man's cane completely blew coverage down the field to give STL the Win.

For me it was definitely the Steelers game. That was the game I realized that we just weren't that good. Until then we had lost just to the Giants (great team) and the Rams (thought to be a fluke), beaten teams we should beat like the Browns and Lions, and could hang our hats on some wins over good teams. But getting embarassed on national TV by the Steelers showed everyone that when matched up against what we were hoping to be, a team that's a legit threat to make a playoff run, we just weren't even in the same league. Throw on top of that the embarassment of being outclassed in our stadium and it made for a long drive home that night

The Dallas game.

Not just because it was Dallas either. I saw that game that the players simply weren't giving 100%. A simplerun play happen to break the initial line of defense. Rogers (I think) was caught playing slapsy's with TO, expecting the run play not to develop near him.

That was it. It seemed to be the tone of the team. Narrow minded, not hustling on every single moment, going above and beyond. The whole damn team is collecting a check.

Further for venting, our O-line sucks. Sorry to put it bluntly, b/c they would obviously eat me if I said it to them, but the pass protection is without a doubt horrendous.

Our K/P sucks, period.

Skilled O guys are good, I really like Campbell. But, CP hinted to it earlier in the year that if another O-line was in front of him, ... Well, Campbell with another O-line would be that much better to.

Defense is acceptable. Yes, we need interior line help, but they have made plays.

Horton is a gem, probably the sole light at the end of this season (CP too, but thats expected). Our secondary as a whole is above average.

Linebackers are slightly below average at this point. Unfortunately MW has seen his best days past.

I'm sick with this team. They are good! It's not a coincidence that they made multiple playoff runs in previous seasons. They have a ton of talent. But, THEY ARE COLLECTING CHECKS AT THIS POINT.

PS- Springs is an unrealiable dog, I wish they would just cut him and his 7 game average season butt. Who needs a guy that CAN'T stay healthy.

As excited as this season has gotten me, they really pulled the carpet out from us. The Rams game is not nearly as painful as the Pitt/Dal/Bal no shows. ABSOLUTE NO SHOWS!

Feeling better now.

I would say Pittsburgh.

I remember clearly the week before that A LOT OF people were gassing the Skins up. I mean we were doing good but people started talkin' a about a Bowl appearance. All the while I'm thinking to myself. Just wait before you start putting us up on a pedestal. I mean yes we are doing great BUT you gotta be realistic at the same time. then that primetime game came out and The Steelers left with more than just a win. they took confidence and our hearts. That was the most disheartening for me. A BUNCH of close seconds but that is definately the one!

I tried to post a poll, but apparently I had to many words in option 4. This is what I had...

1. Losing to to the winless Rams at home, just when we were starting to believe..

2. Losing to Dall ass at home...

3. Getting blown out by ****tsburgh on Primetime, when 1/2 of our stadium was full of ****tsburgh fans.

4. Getting blown out by the Gints, on a day when the emotion from honoring a fallen comrade on the anniversary of his death...should have atleast kept us in the game...

5. Getting manhandled by the supposed "B Team" in the area, again on Primetime...

6. Some new devilry we haven't even had to endure yet...

Pretty much dead-on.

By far, the concensus is the Rams game debacle.

Its not just Pete Kendall fault. The team in general after the Eagles game lost their edge, lost their desire.

Pete Kendall's fumble was the most drastic, but Cooley fumbled before that, on a drive were we could have put that game away. His fumble opened the flood gates at that game for sloppy play, and it was all because he didn't secure the football, and thought he could get more yardage because they were the lowly Rams.

Since that game, the heart and desire has been non existent.

They just didn't TCB when they needed to.

I tried to post a poll, but apparently I had to many words in option 4. This is what I had...

1. Losing to to the winless Rams at home, just when we were starting to believe..

2. Losing to Dall ass at home...

3. Getting blown out by ****tsburgh on Primetime, when 1/2 of our stadium was full of ****tsburgh fans.

4. Getting blown out by the Gints, on a day when the emotion from honoring a fallen comrade on the anniversary of his death...should have atleast kept us in the game...

5. Getting manhandled by the supposed "B Team" in the area, again on Primetime...

6. Some new devilry we haven't even had to endure yet...

7. Losing to a 1-11-1 Bengals team. :doh:

Archived