Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Congressman convicted of felonies?

Seabee1973

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

That takes all the fun out of it,they already use their positions to duck investigations.

I understand that, when Congress got all bent out of shape because the Feds executed a search warrant on a Congressman's office, there were supposedly bumper stickers made:

WARRANTS

No good for us

Too good for you

I'm assuming you mean "convicted of committing a felony while in office".
That would be correct

Crap. I clicked no because I thought you meant ever. If they do it after their time in office I'd say no. You've earned what you've earned. While in office however then yes.

They should get the same pension they are working out for the UAW.

Why are they getting paid 160k+ a year to work 80 days.

And then paid a pension to not work?

Members are eligible to start collecting at age 62 if they have at least five years of service

who gets a pension for 5 years? thats crazy.

They take the people's trust and use it to commit crimes they deserve violent and vicious retribution. That they should get paid for degrading Congress and the name of the United States is unacceptable. Convicted felons who were or are Congressmen deserve punishment above those we set for mere mortals.

My first suggestion is that if convicted, they must personally repay the nation for every pork bill that they signed onto.

Absolutely.

One of the founding principals of this nation is that our leaders are of the people and by the people, not ABOVE the people.

If that is to be true, they must be held to the same standard as ALL the people.

To even consider otherwise is to walk in the footsteps of the European aristocratic oppressors that many who came here were trying to escape.

However, in reality, that is indeed a fairy tale.

~Bang

Absolutely.

One of the founding principals of this nation is that our leaders are of the people and by the people, not ABOVE the people.

If that is to be true, they must be held to the same standard as ALL the people.

To even consider otherwise is to walk in the footsteps of the European aristocratic oppressors that many who came here were trying to escape.

However, in reality, that is indeed a fairy tale.

~Bang

Then let's cut their jobs. Seriously, yes their pensions should be revoked. They shouldn't get that for 5 years of service in the first place.

If YOU commit a crime, do YOU lose your pension (assuming you have one)?

I'm pretty sure you don't.

Predicto,

You have an entirely underdeveloped sence of street justice and your mob mentality is down right flabby. For shame.

They have betrayed us!

We should string 'em up and electricute their children. Taking away their pensions is actually too good for the bums. I do believe that they should receive a minimum of double minimum sentensing if found guilty too. Anyone who holds public trust needs to hold and be held to a higher standard because their ability to do harm is greater.

Archived