Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dumbest Rookie Class Ever?

bulldog

Perhaps these thoughts can be merged with another of the threads that points to various lunacies we have read in the paper or heard on TV since the summer, but is it possible we have lived through all of the following with one draft class?

1. Justin Tryon saying after the draft he wondered with the injuries to Rogers and Springs in 2007 who would be starting opposite him on the team in 2008? :laugh:

2. Fred Davis failing to make it to his first team activity because he doesn't own an alarm clock and forgot to pack the one a friend gave him before his departure for Washington.

3. Devin Thomas admitting that after the draft all he did was relax, chill out from the college season and eat on the alumni banquet circuit despite warnings from coaches that he needed to prepare for the NFL. He was out of shape from the first drill and was quickly on the injury report with the hamstring.

4. Malcolm Kelly's recent and now infamous quote about playing football in the NFL 'not really being that hard' of a transition. Good, because I suppose if Malcolm thought the transition WAS difficult he would have been home stocking shelves at the Wal-Mart instead of being perhaps the #46 or #47 guy on the roster :laugh:

We have yet to hear from Chad Rinehart, Kareem Moore or Rob Jackson but given how few games they have been active for in 2008 or made plays in when they were active, I think it is safe to assume they DO in fact think the transition to the NFL is difficult.

Poor Chris Horton. He came into camp ready to play and was familiar with the Redskins defensive philosophy as his college coach used to be on our staff, but he still gets included with this group of lunk-heads.

If the Redskins were 2-10 instead of 7-5 I would love to put Tryon out there and embarrass him for one quarter at cornerback trying to play man up on a legitimate NFL receiver.

What a bum.

it's not even the playing caliber/talent of the picks I am talking about here, but the basic stupidity of some of these players who don't seem to have an ounce of professional respectability about themselves.

how are you supposed to improve and become something if you think you have already arrived?

these players have achieved nothing in the NFL and I would dare to say that more than one might not be on the active roster if they had not been profile draft picks by the new GM Cerrato in his first draft.

So a guy saying the game is coming easy to him makes him dumb?

Well, generally, guys who say the NFL game has come easy to them are those who are either a) successful in the NFL, B) been successful in the NFL, or c) at least been on the field for the majority of their team's games or contributed in some measureable way.

If the Redskins were 2-10 instead of 7-5 I would love to put Tryon out there and embarrass him for one quarter at cornerback trying to play man up on a legitimate NFL receiver.

What a bum.

Did Tryon do something to you? Why the hatred towards this player? Because he said he was going to be the starter in training camp? Would you rather our 2009 draft class come out and say they know they suck and will never start for us?

Did Tryon do something to you? Why the hatred towards this player? Because he said he was going to be the starter in training camp? Would you rather our 2009 draft class come out and say they know they suck and will never start for us?

Because those are the only two things a rookie can say...?

If he had said "I will be the best corner in the nfl" it doesn't mean just because I'd rather he didn't say "I will be the worst corner in the nfl" that its still not a big deal.

I think our overall team IQ is pretty low. I don't mean book smarts but even in football smarts. You got receivers running wrong routes. Rock returning kicks 5 yards deep in his own end zone at least twice a game. Springs running into his own teammate trying to pick off a pass.

Since about Week 8 I've found it ironic that the last draft pick has contributed the most to this team as a rookie. This is probably the thing I hate most about the NFL... what's Horton making? Gotta be rookie minimum like Brennan who went ahead of him. How much did Kelly & Davis pocket just for signing? At least Horton can say he earned his money. :logo: HTTR

What a bum.

what a horrible thing to say.

YOU ARE NOT A FAN OF THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS.

Seriously ... someone, please tell me.

What's going on?

:doh:

It's funny when I made a thread about how bad our front office was a month ago, i got ripped up and down.

Well, it was DS and VC that hand picked these guys. I love to have an owner that wants to win and spend the $, but DS has no clue how to build an NFL team properly, and he has the last word.

This is a horrible draft, weather you will admit it or not.

My last word is, GET A FRIGGIN GM

I think our overall team IQ is pretty low. I don't mean book smarts but even in football smarts. You got receivers running wrong routes. Rock returning kicks 5 yards deep in his own end zone at least twice a game. Springs running into his own teammate trying to pick off a pass.

God everyone likes hating on Rock for his kick returns... be honest now, how many times have you seen us start a drive inside our 20 the last few season off a kickoff? Not too many, even when Rock returns them from out of the endzone. We typically start around the 30 or more, excellent starting field position for any team.

I like my football players to play football. And to do it well. I could careless what they say in these quotes. I wish players would collectively boycott the media. The media helps create rifts between the players and the fans. I don't want to know the player's stances on dogs, abortions, bailout plans, women, etc.....I just want to know how great it was for them to do well in a game or why they didn't do well in a game. Keep it football related or else I don't care. I will demand more from them should the decide to run for public office but until then my demands are only football related. If this is so ****ing important to everyone then they should include a "How to BS the media, kiss babies like politicians and sign autographs like you really want to do it?" course in college before they come into the NFL. :2cents:

Devin Thomas is slowly coming around. Kelly looks like he could be one of those big , tall plexico style recievers if he applys himself. As for the rest of them, next year maybe.

Afew are bound to be outa here, but one of those recievers has to start contributing RIGHT NOW in a big way if and I mean IF we have a shot at the playoffs. The offensive line has been OFFENSIVE (pew!) to say the least. JC's legs are just adequate. He does not want to be a scrambling QB. Play Heyer more.

Archived