Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins should sign Plaxico Burress

dg28daman

You guys honestly think hes going to do time? By the time this blows over, he'll be on a lengthy probation w/ special requirements. I would be willing to bet he doesnt spend 24 hours in a cell.

As for Plaxico, a thug he is not. However he has to be one of the stupidest guys in the league. He won't even say the right things to the press when he screws up. Great talent but his "whatever" attitude about his antics is what turns me away.

At least you have logic in your post. The same people calling Plax a thug called Hall a cancer before we signed him. It's ignorant.

Ignorance might be bliss, but it makes you look ****ing stupid.

When you sell your soul to the devil like that he always comes back to reap the benefits...

...in the playoffs.

So, it doesn't work for them.

Your suggesting the Cowboys' playoff struggles are directly related to their signing a few players who had a questionable past?

I know this season isn't even close to being over with, but with the news of Giants ending Plax's season coming out, he could possibly become available this off season. We have GOT to make a play on this guy. I know a lot of you are going to point to his character concerns, but a player of his talent is too good to pass up.

I think he would fit well with the bad boy Cowboys mentality.

i would be for it...its likely that he wont really mess up again and to be honest i dont think hes been that bad of a guy. Hes just been the focus of the season since TO and Chad havent been acting up. The Giants might be going on a run for a few seasons and someone with knowledge of the team would be beneficial. Besides, i could possibly see him going to the Eagles. That wouldnt be good.

People make valid points against this move. I think that the Redskins have character guys such as London Fletcher, Griffin, Samuels, and Sellers that won't let certain athletes tear apart locker rooms. I know the Giants are world champions, but I don't think their locker room really has the kind of cohesive veteran leadership that the Redskins' has. Granted, I don't know the Giants' roster all that well, but I can't really think of any character guy like London Fletcher on their team. Chris Cooley talked on his EITM interview a few weeks ago about how D. hall wasn't going to be a problem because guys like Fletcher and Griffin wouldn't let him. I'm sure it would be the same with Plax. I know the Skins are struggling, but you can't deny some of the leadership qualities that some of the veterans on this team have.

Plus, Plaxico is not a thug. Professional athletes see themselves as targets and carry weapons to protect themselves. Plaxico never had intent to hurt anybody. I am absolutely going to get a gun to protect my family and myself and I have table scraps compared to Plaxico. I think that with the leadership within the Skins’ locker room, he could be a great pickup. That being said, I would be willing to give him a shot...for the right price.

It's been done.

I'm surprised I haven't seen it more recently, though, with all this Campbell controversy on here.

EDIT: Here's one of them. It got locked, while keeping the madness inside it. Amazingly, 50 people voted yes - go after Vick.

http://extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=258786

I'm sure there would be that many who would vote to sign Burress. They either want attention, want to stir the pot, or they just don't know any better.

The Giants have a strong front office, and they seem to have strong leadership on the field and in the locker room. Burress is still acting the fool. He seems to put himself before any sort of team. If it were up to me, I wouldn't sign him.

Of course, his agent is Drew "slimy" Rosenhaus so he'll probably end up here, anyway.

I love ridiculous threads like this.

All that I do is write down the people who are being complete idiots and agreeing with the OP and remember to never, ever respect anything else that they have to say.

Any Redskins fan who wants someone on this team who is involved with guns, has a history of domestic violence, shot himself in the thigh in a nightclub when he's supposed to be effing recovering, and is facing half-a-decade in jail time does NOT deserve to cheer for this team. Hands down.

I know this season isn't even close to being over with, but with the news of Giants ending Plax's season coming out, he could possibly become available this off season. We have GOT to make a play on this guy. I know a lot of you are going to point to his character concerns, but a player of his talent is too good to pass up.

:doh::doh::doh:

I posted in another thread that some post just for attention...One loser decided I was the thread police.

After reading this thread...Does anyone agree with me ?

I mean how could the OP mean what he writes...The point was to get responses to his post.

Or..The other option is the OP ran out of lithium.

If you're the thread police cat pull this one over and have him towed....

This is dumb - dumb - dumb

The only thing keeping this from being the most idiotically mindless thread on the front page is the Hire Cowher one, but it runs a close second

I posted in another thread that some post just for attention...One loser decided I was the thread police.

Let me get this straight. You go into threads that you don't want to read - seemingly because you can't control your hand from clicking the link - and use a third grade mentality to run down anyone who you feel has a differing opinion than yours, and I'M THE LOSER? LOL

In regards to the OP... I wouldn't take Plaxico. He's not dependable at all, and to add to that he's a thug and a criminal as well.

Plax is better than both of them. He is a premier receiver and he's BIG, which is exactly what we need. Not saying the rookies won't turn out...but you know what your getting with him.

Yep a me player who is on record well from a 3rd person perspective saying he is not going to change for anyone.

Plexiglass, until something really tragic happens to him like the giants recoup their signing bonus will be a cancer that the Redskins should avoid.

The Giants are able to do one thing the Redskins and our Maddenites / Generation Ipod demographics can't comprehend.

THAT NO PLAYER is BIGGER THAN The TEAM and with a strong GM and Coach as well as proper drafting people along the O LINE your prima donna skill position players (Tiki Barber, Jeremy Shockey and now plexiglass) can be kicked to the curb and the team won't miss a beat.

OMG, I see half of you posting to sign him, bashing Vinnie in other threads for his free agent busts.

I seriously can't see how this would be getting any support at all. Screw it, lets trade for TO also while we are at. If we are going to "F" up the team, lets just go big time. I hear Ryan Leaf is free now too.

Archived