Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins should sign Plaxico Burress

dg28daman

You guys honestly think hes going to do time? By the time this blows over, he'll be on a lengthy probation w/ special requirements. I would be willing to bet he doesnt spend 24 hours in a cell.

As for Plaxico, a thug he is not. However he has to be one of the stupidest guys in the league. He won't even say the right things to the press when he screws up. Great talent but his "whatever" attitude about his antics is what turns me away.

If he does not have a permit for that gun, then he will be going to New York State prison for at least 3 years, possibly 6 or 7. I don't think this 757 idiot gets off as easy as what Vick did. This gun law is Bloomberg's baby, and he is going to make sure Plaxico doesn't get a slap on the wrist.

Plax is better than both of them. He is a premier receiver and he's BIG, which is exactly what we need. Not saying the rookies won't turn out...but you know what your getting with him.

I'd rather have Houshmandzadeh, we need a possession WR opposite of Moss who won't be a distraction and won't run his mouth if he doesn't get the ball thrown to him. However, I don't think the Skins have the money to go after him, also I'd rather bring in a top notch OL through FA than a WR.

We drafted Malcolm Kelly to be our big receiver. Let him do it. We don't need a 31 year old receiver who'd rather spend time shooting himself at nightclubs than practicing with his teammates.

Even before this incident, there were plenty of stories on Plaxico's bad character. I believe Jay Glazer said how he was fined about 45 times by either the Giants in-house or the NFL during his tenure with them.

Stay the hell away from him.

I don't think Burress is a thug as some have suggest. Plaxico with a gun while out night clubbing was done with poor judgment but you have to give him the benefit of the doubt considering today's social environment. Next time hire a body guard.

Yes, I would pick him up in a heart beat.

Do you want to wait three years when he gets out of jail and do you want the headcase scenario that he presents? He is not right in the head IMO. We have been doing a good job of steering clear of the headcases (Brandon Lloyd the exception). We don't want or need this guy. There are other alternatives to our WR problems other than a guy who is constantly in trouble with the team or the law. No thanks.

We drafted Malcolm Kelly to be our big receiver. Let him do it. We don't need a 31 year old receiver who'd rather spend time shooting himself at nightclubs than practicing with his teammates.

Even before this incident, there were plenty of stories on Plaxico's bad character. I believe Jay Glazer said how he was fined about 45 times by either the Giants in-house or the NFL during his tenure with them.

Stay the hell away from him.

Everybody eats humble pie. Lighten up friend.

I'd rather not. The shooting was not the first incident, he has a track record. A lot of folks said that D Hall was a bad fit due to problems but his past seemed much more isolated. Anyway, as I see it Vick will be back in the league before Plax is (not that I want Vick). Think NY will make an example out of him by giving him at least a year active time.

actually would not surprise me to see that thread started soon

It's been done.

I'm surprised I haven't seen it more recently, though, with all this Campbell controversy on here.

EDIT: Here's one of them. It got locked, while keeping the madness inside it. Amazingly, 50 people voted yes - go after Vick.

http://extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=258786

I know this season isn't even close to being over with, but with the news of Giants ending Plax's season coming out, he could possibly become available this off season. We have GOT to make a play on this guy. I know a lot of you are going to point to his character concerns, but a player of his talent is too good to pass up.

Listen my friend

Take my advice

Pull down your pants

And slide on the ice

Step away from the keyboard, the orderlies are waiting in the hall with your meds..........

Come on you have got to be kidding me?I don't care it he would help us win games I still don't want him nowhere near the Skins team.If we sign him then we will turn into Dallas b/c we might as well sign every other player that can't stay out of trouble also.Don't get me wrong I want us to become a contending team again but there are other ways to do it than sign trouble makers.

Since Campbell isn't the answer, we should target Vick, too.

No felons please.

I actually wouldn't mind going after Vick. Not as a QB but as an athlete. Put him in the wildcat formation. He could be amazing in that role. Lets be honest he's one of the best open field runners ever. As far as Vick's character I think he's a good guy, very nieve, and make a lot of dumb choices. He's paying his debt to society and hopefully we will turn his life around.

I am all for this. Buress isnt a thug, he is an idiot, as are a lot of pro athletes. Steve smith (the giant) got robbed last week at gunpoint. A bunch of players have had the same, need I even mention ST. Should burress have gotten a bodyguard? yes. If he felt like he needed a gun to go to a club should he have gone? no. I would bet this is a turning point for him, I'd be scared out of my mind if the mayor of new york was throwing the book at me. If he doesnt go to jail, and the giants release him, who do you think he is going to be looking to destroy? and I'll bet we keep him in check.

Archived