Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Plaxico placed on non-football injury list and suspended.

praise_gibbs

Who gives us the best chance to win Sunday?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who gives us the best chance to win Sunday?

• Jason Campbell
    • Todd Collins
    • Colt Brennan

The Giants' quest for a dynasty just took a pretty serious hit this week.

I don't know. It seems like the Giants don't really miss a beat with him out, do they?

As for next year, imagine a 3-WR set with TO, Roy Williams, and Plaxico. :)

I wouldn't put it past Jerruh.

He won't go to jail.

Oh he better damn go to jail. Or you will have a lot of pissed of people in NY...and no one can cry that "The rich white man gets off, but poor black men go to jail"....this time it's a rich black man...the money should make no difference in who goes to jail. Just like mayor Bloomberg said, he needs to be held accountable just like every other citizen in NY.

And, how can anyone justify him not going to jail? Vick goes for dog fighting, but we don't send someone who was so careless that a .40cal handgun went off. Plax is DAMN lucky that no one else got shot. Then you add their laundry list of cover up attempts. Hell, he and that hospital need some sort of false reporting charge. Hiding evidence as well. If he doesn't do prision time, there should be some serious hell raised.

I don't know. It seems like the Giants don't really miss a beat with him out, do they?

Plax won't be able to play for the Pukes for at least 2.5 years. He will be going away for a while. No way he walks.

Seems there is a lot more to this story the police only found out about this after it was reported on tv.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Blotter/Story?id=6378395&page=3

When detectives attempted to interview hospital officials they were initially told that the hospital could not disclose the information, under patient confidentiality guidelines. The inspector in charge of the nearby 17th Precinct walked over to the hospital personally and finally cooperation was received, police said.

Late this afternoon, officials still were considering whether to charge two additional persons in connection with the shooting. The charges would be in connection with the alleged cover-up. The Manhattan District Attorney's office said that the matter remains under investigation at this time.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg told reporters: "I have not talked to the District Attorney, that would be inappropriate. It's up to the District Attorney to decide what to do. Look, we take guns very seriously. We have made this the safest big city, of the 250 biggest cities in the countries of 100,000 population or more. One of the reasons is because we focused taking illegal guns off the street, out of the hands of criminals."

Pierce, police officials say, promised to show up for questioning yesterday but failed to. The players union and the NFL sent representatives in his place. Police officials said they are not satisfied, and are still seeking to talk to Pierce.

Where the hell does the players union and the NFL get off on sending reps to talk to the police on Pierce's behalf. I'd be pissed if I was the DA and I'd be looking to throw the book at him for that stunt. When you are wanted for questioning, they want to talk to you, not league reps who don't have a clue what really happened.

Without Plax, teams can make the Giants one-dimensional by stopping the run. Against a team that can score a lot of points, the Giants could be in trouble.

:puke:

Where the hell does the players union and the NFL get off on sending reps to talk to the police on Pierce's behalf. I'd be pissed if I was the DA and I'd be looking to throw the book at him for that stunt. When you are wanted for questioning, they want to talk to you, not league reps who don't have a clue what really happened.

Where's Steven Seagal when you need him? "You guys think you're above the law. Well you ain't above mine."

Not uncommon for a union to represent its members in criminal matters.

Archived