Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Horton's Play Slipping?

method man

Who gets cut in the offseason?  

985 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets cut in the offseason?

• James Thrash (Solid special teamer, lots of drops, but is 34)
    • Philip Daniels (Can't stay healthy, will be 36 next year)
    • Todd Collins (Will be 38 next year)
    • Jon Jansen (Liability in pass protection, will be 32 next year)
    • Shawn Springs (Can't stay healthy, will be 34)
    • Jason Taylor (Fraction of waht he used to be, will be 35)
    • Marcus Washington (Can't stay healthy, will be 31)
    • Pete Kendall (bad knees, will be 36)

He got beat on TDs by tight ends two straight weeks (Bennett and Carlson). This week he was repeatedly missing potential tackles that would have stopped the backs for a loss or a small gain. I have a feeling that he is going to get beat for a TD this week by Dan Wilcox. Is it time for the veteran Mike Green, especially in red zone situations?

You did see him slide off Jacobs often, but what one man is going to bring Jacobs down? Also, it was extremely wet and miserable; I could see how he would slide down a runner's body from the side angles he had. Horton has been in the box too often to get the INT's we saw earlier in the year; his play will vary from opponent to opponent, just depends on our scheme.

my real good friend and his brother not only played football, but know the freaking game inside out. One played for Clemson, and the other was standout QB and Safety in highschool.

When they watch a game they can see a holding, illeagal procedure, face mask, etc., right when the ref sees it and a lot of the times before they see it.

Watching a game with them is amazing becaues they study the trenches as the game goes on and can point things out on the fly...very cool.

that being said...my buddy just told me about 4-5 amazing plays horton had in coverage on on run defense on Sunday.

No, his play is not slipping.

my real good friend and his brother not only played football, but know the freaking game inside out. One played for Clemson, and the other was standout QB and Safety in highschool.

When they watch a game they can see a holding, illeagal procedure, face mask, etc., right when the ref sees it and a lot of the times before they see it.

Watching a game with them is amazing becaues they study the trenches as the game goes on and can point things out on the fly...very cool.

that being said...my buddy just told me about 4-5 amazing plays horton had in coverage on on run defense on Sunday.

No, his play is not slipping.

That's pretty cool about your friends. Sometimes if I'm watching a game on TV with my wife, I'll call out penalties and such before they're called, and she'll be like, "how did you know that?"

But I'm just a regular fan. I bet it would be cool to watch a game with someone like the guys you mention, who can call out things that would make someone like me say, "dude, how did you see that?"

You would prefer Doughty?

haha, yea, let's bring him back!

but um, no his play isn't slipping...all the offensive woes make the small infractions on defense look all the more....bad! I played CB for 3 years and I can tell you, if your offense sucks....it's hard to play motivated defense. I used to take it as a spit in the face...especially after we made ints...or forced fumbles...it's like, "what do you expect us to do?"

Horton has been a stud for us . . . Simple as that. While he isn't making the interceptions or the fumble returns, he is almost always in the right position to make the play . . . is a sure tackler (you can't count the giants game because of the field conditions and the fact that NOBODY is bringing down Brandon Jacobs 1 on 1).

absolutely not...every tackle made behind the line of scrimmage by our d was forced by horton coming up and hitting someone. He doesnt always make the tackle but he disrupts the blocking in the backfield rather than just waiting for the blockers to get to him

Archived