Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season's not over, but I have an idea...

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

This team does not have enough talent to get over the top. The giants can go three deep at running back, and we cannot. An aggressive idea this season would be to:

1. Trading 1st round draft pick for Anquan Boldin

2. If possible, Trade Shawn Springs, Marcus Washington, and Cornelius Griffin for draft picks. Otherwise, release them. We need the cap room and can get, or already have, the talent to replace them.

3. Sign Albert Haynesworth and Terrell Suggs.

4. Draft for depth.

No particular order, pick and choose what you want to do, but it should involve one of the top 3 ideas written above. That's my opinion, what's yours?

We have playmakers, but we do not have gamechangers.

Giants have the best Oline in the game and one of the best if not best Dline in the game.

THAT IS WHAT WE NEED TO EMULATE.

As far as specifics, I don't know what we can do in terms of the cap. We have so much money tied up for old unproductive players on the O and D lines that I don't know what kind of hit we'd take in cutting them. I'd love to cut Jansen and Rabach.

However we do it we need an infusion of youth and talent in the starting lineup on both sides.

Of course the main problem is that even if we draft at those positions, we have Snyderatto making the decision and they have ZERO track record in making the right choice.

NO MORE trading draft picks for "proven vets." Does it ever work? With the exception of trading a 2nd(along with Champ Bailey)for Portis it never has.

NO MORE signing other teams star players. It's such a gamble. People talk about the draft being a crapshoot but FA is just as much. For every Shawn Springs, Marcus Washington, and Cornelius Griffin you get a Brandon Lloyd, Adam Archuleta, and TJ Duckett.

Commit all of our draft picks to the lines. Cut our old declining players: Washington, Griffin, Springs, Daniels, Taylor, and Jansen. Hope and pray that Campbell and/or Brennan improve by leaps and bounds in the offseason.

NO MORE trading draft picks for "proven vets." Does it ever work? With the exception of trading a 2nd(along with Champ Bailey)for Portis it never has.

NO MORE signing other teams star players. It's such a gamble. People talk about the draft being a crapshoot but FA is just as much. For every Shawn Springs, Marcus Washington, and Cornelius Griffin you get a Brandon Lloyd, Adam Archuleta, and TJ Duckett.

Commit all of our draft picks to the lines. Cut our old declining players: Washington, Griffin, Springs, Daniels, Taylor, and Jansen. Hope and pray that Campbell and/or Brennan improve by leaps and bounds in the offseason.

Great points. If Vinny were to be canned today, could you start tomorrow?

I would attempt to trade down, turning out 09' 1st rounder into two 2nds.

I would then use the two 2nd rounders to draft O linemen, preferably a guard and a tackle...unless a star D lineman falls to us.

I would release J. Jansen and make Heyer a starter.

I would release M. Washington and S. Springs if he isn't willing to take a pay cut.

I would release J. Thrash and would consider releasing El.

I would sign D. Hall to a long term contract.

I would integrate M. Kelly and D. Thomas into the offense so that our top 3 receivers read "Moss, Kelly, Thomas."

I would release T. Collins and promote C. Brennan to the #2 QB.

And I would lower beer prices!

How bout gettting rid of ARE and Thrash, and get a guy next to moss that is gonna produce. TJ Houshmanzadah is available in FA, if the bungles dont franchise him.

My dream scenario:

1. Get TJ

2. Trade up to get a stud Tackle in the 1st half of the first round. Replacing Jansen.

3. With the rest of the draft picks, go D line, O line depth (we are still relatively young, James, and wilson, jackson, two young DTs.)

I would then use the two 2nd rounders to draft O linemen, preferably a guard and a tackle...unless a star D lineman falls to us.

I would release M. Washington and S. Springs if he isn't willing to take a pay cut.

I would integrate M. Kelly and D. Thomas into the offense so that our top 3 receivers read "Moss, Kelly, Thomas."

Yahoo to all of these

Giants have the best Oline in the game and one of the best if not best Dline in the game.

I'd say they have the best D-Line because they lost two pro bowlers from retirement/injury and are still generating as much pressure. Tennessee comes in a close second though.

There needs to be a trade/release Jansen option also.

We have plenty of personnel we could cut and not miss (Washington, Thrash, Smoot, Jansen, Springs to name a few). I would love to see us part w/our second and get more picks but the reality of it is, that just doesn't happen all that often. We need to for once, value the O and D lines and ignore the flashly FA pickups like Jason Taylor. I still can't fathom that we parted with 2 future picks for Taylor, did we think we were just one player short of contending?

I say that we get rid of some dead weight like Jansen, Washington, Springs, and Kendall. We have DeAngelo Hall to replace Springs, we can draft or get another good LB vis FA, and we have two good rookies that can step in and play right now in Heyer and the guy from APP ST. We need to draft and weigh our options in FA to get good quality players and playmakers. We don't need a guy that is consistently injured and taking up a roster spot when we can have a guy that can play. We let a guy like Torrence that had some talent and was never hurt and kept a talented, overpaid, always hurt player in Springs. While Springs is a great talent he is also a liability that is unwilling to renegotiate his contract to help out the team. He isn't a team player because if he was he would have played the Dallas and Seattle game. He never seems to play in the games we need him in. This was the first big game he has played in all year long since the first game of the year.

this isnt madden you dumbass:doh:

Who are you calling a dumbass? You must have some balls saying that over a computer screen. I don't know WTF happened to this place, but this is not the extremeskins I remember at all.

The world is not over, people. We have a soft enough remaining schedule compared to our competition and we can still get in the playoffs. :helmet:

Grow up.

All great ideas, especially the first, but remember Vinny hates drafting OL and DL.

All I know is that the last thing we should be doing in trading draft picks. I believe that trading a second round draft pick for Jason Taylor was one of the worst trades we've ever made, right below trading for T.J. Duckett. :doh: I hope we've learned by now that we need to keep draft picks.

If we could trade Springs, Washington, or Griffin for a 4th rounder or higher draft pick I would do that. But no team is going to do that.

Who are you calling a dumbass? You must have some balls saying that over a computer screen. I don't know WTF happened to this place, but this is not the extremeskins I remember at all.

The world is not over, people. We have a soft enough remaining schedule compared to our competition and we can still get in the playoffs. :helmet:

Grow up.

1. Trading 1st round draft pick for Anquan Boldin

2. If possible, Trade Shawn Springs, Marcus Washington, and Cornelius Griffin for draft picks. Otherwise, release them. We need the cap room and can get, or already have, the talent to replace them.

3. Sign Albert Haynesworth and Terrell Suggs.

4. Draft for depth.

first 3 wont happen.

1. cardinals no way in hell will let AB for JUST a 1st round pick, they'll want more, alot more.

2. they are washed up and injury prone. any team who trades anything for them is retarded.

3. haynesworth is a prick who im not sold on his character. only reason he isnt an issue this year is because they're winning. he will be different here if we picked him up. we dont need suggs, we have decent pass rushers on the outside but we need interior lineman who can press the middle for the ends to have a shot to get to the qb.

i didnt mean to rile you up, what you said was just sillay is all:silly:

Archived