Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Suisham injured?

TimmySmith

I have the same feeling. When we first got this guy, there were some question marks about his accuracy, but the biggest plus for this guy was that his leg was way stronger than Novak's. In his first year, he might not have made all his long kicks, but he didn't miss them short.

A kicker doesn't just lose strength in his leg overnight...

I was wondering the same thing yesterday when an easily makable field goal came up short for the 2nd week in a row.

Beyond that, we were very lucky to survive the field position battle which we clearly lost due to his short kickoffs.

Anything under 50 should not come up short... what is the deal...?

The start of the season his kickoffs were in the endzone or within the 10 yard line. Now he's a 10-20 at best.

His range is horrible. He's clanking 40 yarders??? Forget anything over 45 this season.

I hope he's injured which would explain the drop off. If not then it's time to look else where.

I was at the pukes game and watched him in warm ups. By way of comparison, watched Folk warm up as well. Folk was spot-on the whole time.

In warm up mode, I've seen kickers ROUTINELY hit from 55+ yards. But Suisham not only didn't try from any distance. But he was struggling inside of 40.

I definitely think something is wrong.

Right now, Suisham reeks of John Hall. He does not seem to be putting his full leg into kicks. For those who remember Hall, he was playing hurt for weeks without telling anyone. And Suisham looks like a carbon copy. I mean short from 42 is pretty bad.

AMEN! I was thinking the same thing yesterday. I know that Larry Michael was trying to cover it up by saying that there was a strong wind, but during the Dallas game, didn't he do the same thing? Last week's missed kick cost an opportunity to win that game. I hope that he is just injured, but he should say something to the training staff so they can get it fixed.

Any good senior kickers coming out. Preferably ones that would be available as UDFAs. Only kicker I know of that's doing well is Gano from Florida State. Only missed twice this year both time from 50+. Definately don't wanna draft one though.

Sucks for him if he is injured. I mean, we don't exactly have the space on our roster to bring in an extra kicker while he recovers. If an injury is affecting him he's either released or to the IR. I'm guessing he'd go to IR and have a chance to get his spot back next year.

Yeah the missed fieldgoals are one thing, but another was his kickoff distance. It was pretty bad most of the time, and I didn't hear much about wind.

Thing is, I've seen him miss long ones because they sliced or hooked too much (or too little) but some of the longer kicks over the last two weeks just didn't have the distance.

Archived