Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Suisham injured?

TimmySmith

his kickoffs are horrible. He can't get it in the endzone or even inside the 5. Dude is straight trash.

...says the kicker from where? ;) Read on Wiki or Google the words "hang" and "time" and see what you come up with. It was a bad hold per Zorn and he gets plenty of depth w/ hang time on his kick offs. He's an above average kicker and one of the better kickers the Skins have had in years. If he continues to struggle beyond a couple of games here and there, than you could make the case for a move, but he's solid and I see him being more consistent late in games when it matters more often than not. He's far from James Trash :paranoid: :2cents:

I might be making this up.... but I think I remember in the 3rd? game of the season... someone running into him on a field goal attempt... we got the penalty and got to kick it from closer and I think still missed.

I believe I remember Suisham standing up gingerly after that and been short kickoffs and barely putting 40+ over the crossbar ever since.

The ball came out funny. Looked like it might of been tipped or a possibly a bad hold. He has been struggling this season though.:mad:

Sonny and Sam on the radio said it looked like it was tipped. They also said the wind, on the open end of the stadium was gusting at times pretty good, not sure if thats the end of the stadium where he missed the kick or not.

But yea the short kickoffs really hurt most of the time as mentioned in this thread, he didnt have that problem the first 6 games or so and got most of them to the 1 or the endzone, now hes short on em all.

...says the kicker from where? ;) Read on Wiki or Google the words "hang" and "time" and see what you come up with. It was a bad hold per Zorn and he gets plenty of depth w/ hang time on his kick offs. He's an above average kicker and one of the better kickers the Skins have had in years. If he continues to struggle beyond a couple of games here and there, than you could make the case for a move, but he's solid and I see him being more consistent late in games when it matters more often than not. He's far from James Trash :paranoid: :2cents:

Finally, an intelligent reply....Well said! :applause:

If his kickoffs are shortened by design, he either needs to stop or Danny Smith needs to be fired. There's absolutely no reason to have the ball land on the 10 yard line when the ball could've been downed 10 yards deep into the endzone (hang time or not).

However, I don't think that's the case. About a week ago, my brother actually brought up the point that he may be injured. It makes sense. Preseason, he was drilling the ball into the endzone consistently. Early in the year, he was crushing field goals with plenty of room to spare. Now? He came up short on two field goals from within 45 yards (I believe).

On a side note, any other year I would've been on that James Thrash comment. However, this year he's really not doing much.

Yeah the missed fieldgoals are one thing, but another was his kickoff distance. It was pretty bad most of the time, and I didn't hear much about wind.

Yeah the first few games this season he was nailing every kickoff in or near the endzone.. now he's 10-15 yards shy of it.. Something is different

We'll find out this week. I like Shaazam. But if he's injured he needs to let it out. He was booming kickoffs at the beginning of the season. Something is not right definitely.

Several people have said this, but I'll ask here.

Why?

Presumably the coaches know, but if he's going to play what is the advantage of telling everybody else.

It at least keeps teams guessing if the short kickoffs are about of a plan vs. being all that he can manage.

Archived