Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Network/Warren Sapp: Jason Taylor- Benched?

Luca Brasi

How does Taylor help the Skins become a good long term team?

It doesnt, but there was a need seeing as our starter at that position went down. (PD) Obtaining Taylor was out of necessity, obtaining Farve would have been excess and pointless. Two totally different circumstances and should not be compared jst because both players are past their prime.

It doesnt, but there was a need seeing as our starter at that position went down. (PD) Obtaining Taylor was out of necessity, obtaining Farve would have been excess and pointless. Two totally different circumstances and should not be compared jst because both players are past their prime.

Taylor was necessary? Carter, Evans, James, Jackson, Wilson. That's a lot of ends. Now, Taylor is not even starting.

Taylor was necessary? Carter, Evans, James, Jackson, Wilson. That's a lot of ends. Now, Taylor is not even starting.

Taylor was a panic reaction. It was thought he was MUCH better than the other guys at creating a pass rush.

Doesn't mean it was the right call.

Favre would not have been the correct move, either.

Looks like enough so far.

Not really. We are almost last in the league in sacks, and pressuring the QB. Not good enough so far. Also, NOBODY could have expected Evans to be doing better then Taylor, and noone could have expected the wierd injury Taylor recieved, especially to Taylor who has had a virtually injury free career thus far.

Im not saying Taylor was a great addition. what im saying is that it makes much more sense to have obtained Taylor, rather then Favre.

Also, have you seen what he put GB through this offseason and over the past few years with his drama queen media cries that he is going to retire? Rediculous, and reason enough not to trade draft picks for him in my eyes.

Not really. We are almost last in the league in sacks, and pressuring the QB. Not good enough so far. Also, NOBODY could have expected Evans to be doing better then Taylor, and noone could have expected the wierd injury Taylor recieved, especially to Taylor who has had a virtually injury free career thus far.

Im not saying Taylor was a great addition. what im saying is that it makes much more sense to have obtained Taylor, rather then Favre.

Also, have you seen what he put GB through this offseason and over the past few years with his drama queen media cries that he is going to retire? Rediculous, and reason enough not to trade draft picks for him in my eyes.

Don't act like Taylor wasn't a little drama queen in Miami. He may not have gotten the attention that Favre did, but he still soured many on him.

Don't say nobody could have seen this coming with Taylor. Go back and read threads on the trade. People thought it was a bad idea then. He was deemed undersize, and a liability against the run from the get go.

Considering he would have hopped from one WCO into another (just like he did with the Jets), I'd say he'd have made a better impact than Campbell, and would be more useful than Taylor.

Don't act like Taylor wasn't a little drama queen in Miami. He may not have gotten the attention that Favre did, but he still soured many on him.

Don't say nobody could have seen this coming with Taylor. Go back and read threads on the trade. People thought it was a bad idea then. He was deemed undersize, and a liability against the run from the get go.

Considering he would have hopped from one WCO into another (just like he did with the Jets), I'd say he'd have made a better impact than Campbell, and would be more useful than Taylor.

go back and read a thread on any move we have ever made....there's always people who hate

doesn't mean they know anything

Meh, i think we are arguing two different points. Whether or not he would be a better qb is irrellivent to the point I was trying to make. We got Taylor to address a need. If we got Favre it would be excess because of the stable of QB's we have.

You asked how obtaining Taylor would make the team better in the long run, and i conceded that it wouldnt, you are right. My point was that the move for Taylor was made out of sheer necessity. BPA available at the position at the time. We had and have capable QB's, the move would have been more of a gamble and excessive.

Taylor made nowhere the stink that Favre made this season, and what about the prior three seasons of "Whoa is me, I might hang it up"? Not a very good comparison.

As far as nobody seeing that kind of injury with Taylor... Seriously? It isnt a common injury, and looking at his career and consecutive starts, health wasnt much of a concern. Just because a bunch of people dont like a move in a thread on ES, doesnt mean they saw him being injured. Can you elaborate on that? A link maybe? Im not trying to be a smart ass, Id like to read what you read so I can gain your perspective.

Archived