Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Network/Warren Sapp: Jason Taylor- Benched?

Luca Brasi

I heard it this week from one of the many interviews that the skin media makes. I'll try to find it. They said Taylor would be used as a situtation DE and Evan would get the start. I think its the best move, the guy is a liability in the run game. I see him just watch a runner blow by him while he's just standing there

Here is JLC talking about it http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/11/jason_taylor_-_situational_pas.html

This is a horrible idea.

They guy is the NFL's active sack leader. He's been a 4 down lineman ever since he got into the league. If this is anything other than trying to make sure he's healthy for the stretch then I really hope there's something going on that I don't know about.

Evans is a great blue-collar player, but he's no Jason Taylor, and when this defense's only weakness is lack of sacks, benching JT doesn't make any logical sense.

If Blache made the move then there has to be a reason for it. Everyone knows Blache doesn't give a rat's tail about what everyone thinks, he'll sit a 9 million dollar player and not blink twice. If Evans gets the start you know Blache saw something he didn't like.

If Blache made the move then there has to be a reason for it. Everyone knows Blache doesn't give a rat's tail about what everyone thinks' date=' he'll sit a 9 million dollar player and not blink twice. If Evans gets the start you know Blache saw something he didn't like.[/quote']

Well, what he probably doesn't like is the fact that we've been soft against the run. I think also it is because Evans has been doing a good job out there and Taylor is still working his way back from injury. I still expect that he will be in there a lot, and this "Benched" thing is just an inflammatory statement by Sapp.

Archived