Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

Just picked up a sixer of Resurrection. It's excellent. If it's available in your area, I strongly suggest that you pick some up. It used to only be available on draft. The store limits you to 2 six packs per customer. I guess it's a limited canning thing.

Also got a six-pack of Oskar Blues "Old Chub" It's a Scottish Ale. It's also sold in cans. I wish more craft brewers would package their brews in cans.

Just picked up a sixer of Resurrection. It's excellent. If it's available in your area, I strongly suggest that you pick some up. It used to only be available on draft. The store limits you to 2 six packs per customer. I guess it's a limited canning thing.

Also got a six-pack of Oskar Blues "Old Chub" It's a Scottish Ale. It's also sold in cans. I wish more craft brewers would package their brews in cans.

They are on their way. Every week I hear that a brewery is going to start canning. A few good ones already do. The best I've had is Surly from Minnesota.

Bought a 6 of Hoegaarden yesterday, which is the first craft beer I ever had. Very good wit.

I like Hoegarden too. This brings up what could be a fun topic: What was your first craft beer? Mine was Allagash White. A good Belgian style brew....

As for canning - I agree - I think there are some on their way. Tallgrass, which makes some good beers like Buffalo Sweat and Oasis can their offerrings. My friend mentioned that Ashburn's Lost Rhino is working on setting up canning production.

I like Hoegarden too. This brings up what could be a fun topic: What was your first craft beer? Mine was Allagash White. A good Belgian style brew....

As for canning - I agree - I think there are some on their way. Tallgrass, which makes some good beers like Buffalo Sweat and Oasis can their offerrings. My friend mentioned that Ashburn's Lost Rhino is working on setting up canning production.

My first craft beer?

I don't remember the name of it, but it was damn good.. We were staying in Munich, Germany, for a couple of weeks, (back in 1980), and it was a liter of beer, that I bought at a small store. It was packaged in a plain, brown bottle, with a hand-written label. The store-owner said that his family brewed it.

Back in the late 70's, early 80's, my Dad was stationed in Naples, Italy, and we had access to almost all of the European beers. In Naples, you could get a surprising number of beers on draft. My favorite drafts (though not considered "craft" beers, were Grolsch, Lowenbrau & Beck's. There was something about those beers that tasted so good on tap. We travelled extensively, and tried all kinds of local brews. My favorites were the German beers. The best one's were the no-name locally brewed beers, that were always available at mom & pop stores. Never had one that I didn't like.

OTOH, I tried several Belgium beers, and didn't care for any of them. I still don't.

Had the Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout last night. Creamy texture, chocolate up front with a ton of roasty bitterness on the back end. Really good stuff, obviously. Chocolate stouts are up there as one of my favorite styles of beer, so it's tough competition to say the least. This wasn't my favorite chocolate stout ever, but it's very close.

Brooklyn+BCS+1.jpg

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Almost seems like a sacrilege to jump into the fray after all these pages already, but I've got a new favorite that I just can't get enough of.

If you like Hoegarden you will absolutely LOVE Blanche de Bruxelles. It's a Belgian White, nothing earth shattering, but I just love how simple, clean and refreshing it is in comparison to the bavarian wheat bears I'm used to.

It's possible to enjoy quite a few without feeling bloated. A hint of coriander, citrus, orange peel, just the perfect beer for a sunny afternoon.

Ranks a 4/5 in my book.

Edited by laurent

Had the Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout last night. Creamy texture, chocolate up front with a ton of roasty bitterness on the back end. Really good stuff, obviously. Chocolate stouts are up there as one of my favorite styles of beer, so it's tough competition to say the least. This wasn't my favorite chocolate stout ever, but it's very close.

+1.jpg[/img]

have you tried flying dogs imperial coffee stout?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_TvD6811b7n4/S1Zzf7E_wWI/AAAAAAAAExo/8ruE7DluE8A/s400/Brooklyn+BCS+1.jpg/img]

I've heard that one benefits tremendously with a couple years on it. I've been sitting on a few to see for myself. I'll try to crack one soon.

I don't drink much anymore but we have some wonderful brewpubs here in Nelson County on Rt 151. I enjoy the gold leaf lager at the Devils Backbone near Wintergreen Ski Resort and the Blue Mountain brewery has some very tasty beers.

Grew up in Nelson, BMB is the best of the trio IMO. Evil 8 is available as of today I believe.

Sebowski

I've heard that one benefits tremendously with a couple years on it. I've been sitting on a few to see for myself. I'll try to crack one soon.

Yep, keeping one in the cellar for a few years myself, lemme know how it is.

GoSkins561

have you tried flying dogs imperial coffee stout?

One of the few FD beers I haven't tried.

Good stuff! Strong too

Flying Dog Kujo Imperial Coffee Stout

Flying-Dog-Kujo-570x280.jpg

Oily black, head is mocha colored and large. Sticks around for quite some time. Smell is a ton of fresh coffee beans with vanilla underneath. Roastiness is medium. Flavor is a blanket of coffee and vanilla, a dark chocolate complex reveals itself. Roastiness isn't too high at all for what this beer is. Creamy texture, along with a prolonged aftertaste of sweet coffee makes this a great desert beer. Scrumptious.

^^^ is that new? I love flying dog and try to drink any beer of theirs i can get my hands on. that one sounds awesome

A while back they released an "experimental" beer in their Wild Dog series simply called Coffee Stout.

DSC_6317.jpg

They're the same beers.

Be aware that this is a Winter seasonal beer, so get it while you can. Now that I think about it, this is one hell of a winter brew.