Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

Have you ever tried the Utopias? I bought a bottle once. It doesn't taste anything like beer, it's more like sherry. I liked it, but don't think it's worth the price.

Did you keep the bottle?

========================

Are you aging an Budweiser American Ale?

Flying Dog has a 10% Imperial Pumpkin Ale out that looks pretty good, im not quite ready for Pumpkin Beer yet, this will be the first one I try.

I'm just keeping the Budweiser American Ale around in case I get thirsty.

Just had the Uerge Doppelsticke

DCP_2052.JPG

Easily one of the best beers I've ever had. Just an absolutely killer roasted/smoke blast, a big HOP backbone that blends in unbelievably well. Pretty big body and very soft on the palate with its light carbonation. What a beast, I'm in love.

A+ (100)

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Beer week in Baltimore starts up in a week.

http://www.baltimorebeerweek.com/

Nice!

Also...tickets for the Heavy Seas Cheese & Chili feast are on sale. In addition to their regular beers, they'll have firkins of beer brewed just for this event. The the food is great too!

If any of you go, please shoot me a PM and I can give you a discount code that saves you $5.00 on a ticket and we can meet up there. You should note that tickets for these events tend to fill up fast.

http://www.hsbeer.com/chili

I don't think that this isn't considered Spam or advertising,(if it is, Mods, please delete). I'm just putting the info out there for my beer-appreciating friends. I'll be there with a few people. Hope to see you there!

Edited by Skinsfan1311

Orval Trappist Ale (bottled 11/17/10)

orval.jpg

Been wanting to try this one for a long time. Aroma is very big for a Belgian Ale, and it's complex with citrus, pepper and yeast. Flavor is delayed for a second until exploding in to a ton of salt and pepper with heavy herbal spices. Also citrus - mostly lemons. It's like I was supposed to take a shot of tequila before drinking this.

Yeast backbone is hardly there, but it's the only thing reassuring me that this is a beer. Alcohol warms a lot on the finish (ALC 6.9%). This one packs a punch, it's just not exactly my cup of beer, and that's not even considering the massive price tag.

Having a Dogfish Head Burton Baton right now...it's the 90 Minute IPA aged in oak staves, really good stuff but a TAD expensive. Rather have the 90 Minute, and it's $5 less a 4-pack.

Also had the Southern Tier Pumking and Heavy Seas The Great Pumpkin at the same time.

Southern+Tier+Pumking.jpg171291154841weeklyber.jpg

The Southern Tier is just an avalanche of pumpkin pie and gingerbread. The body is thick, it's literally like a Fall/Winter dessert in liquid form. The Great Pumpkin is more of an ale with fall spices backing it up. I'd take the Southern Tier Pumking any day, it is extremely over the top with Fall spices, love it.

Best Pumpkin beer is Pumking?

It's all up to the taste buds of the beholder :). I shared the Pumking and The Great Pumpkin with a friend and he liked The Great Pumpkin more. It's definitely got a lot more actual beer flavors in it :ols: I'd put the Dogfish Head Punkin' Ale in between the two as far as strength of pumpkin pie flavor. If you like that full flavor of the DFH Punkin', the Southern Tier will knock your fricken socks off.

Wow, that's new! Hope they've stocked it around here.

Tonight I'm having a few Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ales, which are loaded down with coffee/ chocolate/ caramel/ brown sugar. Almost like a really good stout, but a mild hop character. Tastes like the 60 Minute IPA is in here a little bit. Love Brown Ales in the Fall, and this is my favorite so far. This one is in stock all over Maryland.

Wow, that's new! Hope they've stocked it around here.

Tonight I'm having a few Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ales, which are loaded down with coffee/ chocolate/ caramel/ brown sugar. Almost like a really good stout, but a mild hop character. Tastes like the 60 Minute IPA is in here a little bit. Love Brown Ales in the Fall, and this is my favorite so far. This one is in stock all over Maryland.

Yup. I went on their brewery tour in Frederick, MD w/ a buddy last Sat & was able to pick-up a sixer there. The staff said that we will start seeing it in stores starting this week and next week in the DMV area.

That Indian Brown Ale sounds good. It's one of the Dogfish Head ones I haven't sampled yet!

I'm just keeping the Budweiser American Ale around in case I get thirsty.

Just had the Uerge Doppelsticke

DCP_2052.JPG

Easily one of the best beers I've ever had. Just an absolutely killer roasted/smoke blast, a big HOP backbone that blends in unbelievably well. Pretty big body and very soft on the palate with its light carbonation. What a beast, I'm in love.

A+ (100)

Where did you get it? That sounds like my kind of beer.

i gotta try that fly dog "the fear". i drank a 6 pack of dogtoberfest and loved it.

i've got a 6 pack of sierra nevada tumbler in my fridge waiting for me to drink. how does it taste?

Glad you liked the Dogtoberfest, I was close to getting a six pack of that today. "The Fear" wasn't in stock, but the news from Enforcer_FFX is excellent. I've been drinking a lot of Pumpkin and Octoberfest style brews, along with a bunch of other malty stuff this month, so I got a beer infused with some high-end bitterness hops today.

beer_hopmountain.png

She's my go-to pale ale, especially bitter for the style.

i was just in my local store and saw the smuttynose pumpkin ale. i thought about buying some but then asked the owner about "The Fear" by flying dog.

Told me he was supposed to get some in a few days ago but they are all sold out. Said he would be getting some in next week so I placed myself an order for a 6 pack.

I'm fully expecting to pay up to $15 for the 6 pack (DC prices) but oh well, I love flying dog and pumpkin beer so this one looks like a can't-miss for me.

HOLY **** i just got a call back from the beer store and they told me they now have The Fear in stock but its 21.99 for a 6 pack...considering other flying dog beers go for $9.50 i might try and find it cheaper somewhere else

Whoosh! So they're pretty high on their stuff, are they...

Flying Dog is one of those really good breweries that I consider to have very good prices. If that has anything to do with it being in the county next door to me, I don't know. $21.99 for a Flying Dog six pack is actually quite shocking to hear.

Whoosh! So they're pretty high on their stuff, are they...

Flying Dog is one of those really good breweries that I consider to have very good prices. If that has anything to do with it being in the county next door to me, I don't know. $21.99 for a Flying Dog six pack is actually quite shocking.

i know! i was expecting anwhere from 12-15 for the 6 pack but 21.99 plus tax? I'm gonna look at a few other places first.

Another example of how expensive that place is: They were charging $4.99 for one 12 oz bottle of dogfish pumpkin ale. I don't even want to know what they were charging for the 4 pack.

They have a great selection but the prices are steep

Edited by Skinz4Life12

i know! i was expecting anwhere from 12-15 for the 6 pack but 21.99 plus tax? I'm gonna look at a few other places first.

Another example of how expensive that place is: They were charging $4.99 for one 12 oz bottle of dogfish pumpkin ale. I don't even want to know what they were charging for the 4 pack.

They have a great selection but the prices are steep

What's this place called? :ols: Makes Rockville look like bargain shopping.