Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

One positive: Much better crowd

Burgundy&Gold4Ever

I've read all thread titles since the game, and I haven't seen anyone comment on the crowd last night. Props to everyone who was there. That place was pretty loud (while we were in the game). TV crew commented on it several times. Also, except after the Cowboy TD :(, you didn't really hear the Cowboy fans.

Hail to the Redskin fans at FedEx last night! :applause:

I dunno man. I was at the game last night and at kick off there were probably 10-20% of the seats empty. The stadium was pretty quiet even when Green and Monk were being introduced. In the game there were only a few times when it seemed very loud at all. There were empty seats throughout the game and then when the boys were up 14-10, well before it was sealed, many fans started leaving the stadium. I was not impressed.

From 2 minutes into the game to 5 minutes left, the crowd was one of the best we've had at FedEx. Hostile to cowboys fans, loud on defense...they were great.

1st half was MUCH better than the 2nd half...when the defense gets run all over like that and the offense puts up 3 and outs, the crowd grows tired of long stretches screaming, so it dies down a bit.

Overall if we could get that performance from the crowd every week Id be thrilled.

Agreed the crowd was great last night, but one thing that I can't seem to understand is why the FedEx crew after the game is not doing their job letting cars out of the parking lot. I had to push my car through the fans because there was nobody there to stop them. I could have sat there all night if I had not done that. Fans leaving the game walking need to understand that there are lots of people that are trying to get home just as they are. Have some decency to let some cars go instead of keeping on walking when you can see a car trying to get out. Other than that the fans were great.

Agreed the crowd was great last night, but one thing that I can't seem to understand is why the FedEx crew after the game is not doing their job letting cars out of the parking lot. I had to push my car through the fans because there was nobody there to stop them. I could have sat there all night if I had not done that. Fans leaving the game walking need to understand that there are lots of people that are trying to get home just as they are. Have some decency to let some cars go instead of keeping on walking when you can see a car trying to get out. Other than that the fans were great.

90000 drunk belligerent people exiting a testosterone-fest...youre asking for a miracle here. just deal with it. just like people complaining about the cussing or the swearing...90000 people...just deal.

90000 drunk belligerent people exiting a testosterone-fest...youre asking for a miracle here. just deal with it. just like people complaining about the cussing or the swearing...90000 people...just deal.

Good excuse, but first of all half of those 90000 are not drunk and the ones that are drunk have not stumbled their way that far that early after the game.

The fans let the Cowboys fans (20% of the stadium) start making noise on the 4th and 4 play. Never would the Eagles fans allow that in their stadium.

I do agree the noise brought by the visiting fans on the 4th and 4 was noticeable and embarrassing. Almost as embarrassing as the sellout fans who allowed tens of thousands of Steeler fans into the joint last game.

But I do think the fans this year in large part have put in a decent effort......they've tried. Its just that the team needs to give the fans something to get jacked about, and this offense has literally bored the crap out of me the past two games. When that happens, its hard to stay excited.

Embarrassing. That's how I would describe the Redskins fan base.

I've been at every home game for the past 2 years and that is my opinion on it.

The fans let the Cowboys fans (20% of the stadium) start making noise on the 4th and 4 play. Never would the Eagles fans allow that in their stadium.

You have to understand that there's nothing productive that can be done to stop that, aside from physical violence (which nobody advocates). If Redskin fans start booing or otherwise trying to drown the Cowboy fans out, they actually add to the noise which hurts the Redskins. It's kind of a vicious cycle that starts with STH's letting these people into the building.

From 2 minutes into the game to 5 minutes left, the crowd was one of the best we've had at FedEx. Hostile to cowboys fans, loud on defense...they were great.

1st half was MUCH better than the 2nd half...when the defense gets run all over like that and the offense puts up 3 and outs, the crowd grows tired of long stretches screaming, so it dies down a bit.

Overall if we could get that performance from the crowd every week Id be thrilled.

Agreed. I though the crowd was LOUD until the end, at least in my section it was. I had a horrible headache when I left which is usually a good sign :).

I dunno man. I was at the game last night and at kick off there were probably 10-20% of the seats empty. The stadium was pretty quiet even when Green and Monk were being introduced. In the game there were only a few times when it seemed very loud at all. There were empty seats throughout the game and then when the boys were up 14-10, well before it was sealed, many fans started leaving the stadium. I was not impressed.

I would suggest that you either replace the battery in your hearing aid or turn it up. FedEx was ROCKING last night! My only issue was the increase in volume when we went for it on 4th down. Offense is Offense no matter the down!

I cant say much about the leaving except for it would have happened no matter who scored that touchdown. Always does at late games. It's the nature of the beast.

Embarrassing. That's how I would describe the Redskins fan base.

I've been at every home game for the past 2 years and that is my opinion on it.

How exactly do you suggest we stop them?

Please dont say not to sell tickets to non-Skins fans, in the real world thats not going to happen and there are plenty of threads about the hows and whys of this fact so no need to discuss them here.

It'll be interesting to see how the Skins performance the last two games affects people's mindsets as far as putting their tickets on sale for the remaining home games, particularly the Giants game. I know a home game on Thanksgiving weekend can be challenging enough, and that there aren't as many Giant fans in the area as there are Cowboy or Steeler fans, but with NY steaming toward the division crown, you never know.

How exactly do you suggest we stop them?

Please dont say not to sell tickets to non-Skins fans, in the real world thats not going to happen and there are plenty of threads about the hows and whys of this fact so no need to discuss them here.

Well, I went to the Eagles-Redskins game in Philly this year and there were less than 1,000 Redskins fans even though Philadelphia is only 2 hours. On the other hand, we allowed 40,000 Steelers fans and 15,000 Cowboys fans, though both teams are extremely far away.

Coincidence? I don't think so.

Well, I went to the Eagles-Redskins game in Philly this year and there were less than 1,000 Redskins fans even though Philadelphia is only 2 hours. On the other hand, we allowed 40,000 Steelers fans and 15,000 Cowboys fans, though both teams are extremely far away.

I have an answer for you, and this is coming from someone who lived in Philadelphia for years and COMPLETELY supports more hostility at fedex field.

DC is a melting pot. People come here from all over the country, meaning sports fans from everywhere.

Philadelphia is a filthy city with NO redeeming qualities for people to move there (weather, pay, govt jobs, booming tech sector, etc). 98% of fans you see at the Linc are born and raised Eagles fans who have never seen life outside of Delaware county.

The mob mentality exists in Philadelphia because those fans were raised like that. Fans here are from everywhere....hard for that deep rooted passion to exist when 3/4 of the stadium has lived in the area for less than 5 years.

Huh?

I dont follow what you are saying.

Whats the coincidence?

I dunno, I thought the crowd had 2 or 3 good moments but for this being this big of an event, national tv, legends Monk and Green getting their HOF rings, vs. our biggest rival where we could basically eliminate them from the wildcard vs. us, I just don't think the crowd was all that impressive given those factors. And the mass exodus I saw after we didn't convert the 4th and 4 with 6+ minutes left in the game was pretty embarassing.

I dont blame the mass exodus. Maybe if our stadium was conducive to incoming and outgoing traffic, people wouldnt feel the need to leave after 3 quarters.

People are like sheep man...1 person gets up, 2 more see that person and do the same. 3 more see them, 5 more see them and everyone feels the need to follow each other. Human nature. Wise man once say, no sense in worrying about stuff you cant change.

Everyone that said it was loud last night is right. Up until I was told I was causing a problem by making noise. Section 306 row 14.

We yell like that every game,not just Dallas game. I enjoy screaming and hollerin as well as everyone does. Its part of being there and supporting them team. About mid way through the 2nd quarter I was watching the game when the beer/concession lady squeezes all the way down to the middle of our row to tell us that we are getting complaints. I said "sorry and what's there that I can do to not cause a problem?" She said "be quiet and stay seated" I was then kinda shocked and said "Go Skins Right?" She responded "no,go Dallas".

She scooted out of out isle during play,then went and took and order from a Cowboy and was looking at us like he told her to do that. The whole rest of the game these two were like BF/GF buddies and he was obnoxious as can be but we can't do anything.

I asked my fellow fans around me if we were being a problem and they said "hell no you're great."

I don't know what to say,I spend 3 grand on season tickets and get treated like I am tresspassing. I drive from Va beach every game both ways in one day to deal with that. I don't know,I pour my soul into this team and get what in return,about 'fed' up with it. Its either to the point where I am getting cheaper seats down low where I may be able to scream and holler or just stay at home and save my money.

Hey Snyder throw a tantrum about this loss too? Hey I got an idea,put the Club Level up high in the nosebleeds if that is the section that is supposed to be mellow and not making an note of noise.

Sam

3 year holder of 2 Club Level seats

I dont blame the mass exodus. Maybe if our stadium was conducive to incoming and outgoing traffic, people wouldnt feel the need to leave after 3 quarters.

Cry me a river. I stayed until the Cowboys salted it away on the 4th down with a minute left (around 1105), was at my car by 1120, and home in Woodbridge by 12 midnight.

God, you're going to have some traffic at every stadium you go to. You think when I've gone to games at the Linc I just sail out of there.

People just don't want to take any time anymore.......that's sad.

Archived