Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obama to Begin Intelligence Brieifings

RyansRangers

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081105/ap_on_el_pr/obama

Now that we can move past all the Election Campaign Crap. Can you imagine being involved in these meetings for the first time? I know as Senator you have privy info but nothing to this extent.. Your eyes must be wide open and jaw dropped when you learn about all the covert missions and national security info the first time. I dont care Obama or Mccain this is really cool imo

He's going to get a education ;)in what really goes on,and the agreements in place....as well as the threats.

Prepare for premature aging setting in.:2cents:

I agree, I think the reality of the Position of POTUS and the reality that all your campaign promises start taking a quick backseat...

Yeah can't wait for him to start getting these briefs. I am eagerly looking forward to my organization briefing him. I know he is going to walk away thinking "Fo Real?" I think all that he thought he knew is about to get turned on its ear. I wonder how much this will change his positions.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081105/ap_on_el_pr/obama

Now that we can move past all the Election Campaign Crap. Can you imagine being involved in these meetings for the first time? I know as Senator you have privy info but nothing to this extent.. Your eyes must be wide open and jaw dropped when you learn about all the covert missions and national security info the first time. I dont care Obama or Mccain this is really cool imo

I agree, def cool stuff. This will briefing will be the biggest reality check Obama's ever faced. I imagine they're going to make him sit down before they get started? lol

Prepare for premature aging setting in.:2cents:

I actually do think that is what ages them. I wouldn't wish the pressure of the job on anyone.

Yeah can't wait for him to start getting these briefs. I am eagerly looking forward to my organization briefing him. I know he is going to walk away thinking "Fo Real?" I think all that he thought he knew is about to get turned on its ear. I wonder how much this will change his positions.

I hope you are just trying to be colloquially funny here, and you don't really think his brain uses words/thought's like that. Would you have honestly used those words if the President-elect wasn't black?

Wouldn't we all be in the same boat at those briefings? :doh:

By briefs I meant classified briefs in general. Of course he hasn't sat through a presidential brief :rolleyes:, but he has sat through classified briefs before so it shouldn't come as a complete culture shock to McCain like it will to Obama.

Nothing close.

And both candidates have been given portions of the presidential briefings in the recent days.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/31/washington/31policy.html?_r=2&adxnnl=1&oref=slogin&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss&pagewanted=all&adxnnlx=1225501969-Gt6BYveKi6i4JZKSxPX2Ig&oref=slogin

Funny thing is that bush spoke to him in a public message about that many months ago. He actually cautioned Obama in a friendly piece of advice not to paint himself into a corner that he couldn't get out of once he really understands the situation.

I actually do think that is what ages them. I wouldn't wish the pressure of the job on anyone.

I hope you are just trying to be colloquially funny here, and you don't really think his brain uses words/thought's like that. Would you have honestly used those words if the President-elect wasn't black?

Sorry dude but I don't get the offense. Let's not get lost in PC world OK?

Sorry dude but I don't get the offense. Let's not get lost in PC world OK?

Not PC, but we are talking about the President-Elect here, who has thus far done nothing to any American citizen to be deserving of subtle character assassination. When I hear someone utter that "Fo Real" comment, my brain is steered to the comedic potrayal of an uneducated person confronted with the obvious, and such potrayals are always of black people. I would equally have been corrective had someone made a comment like "Eh, what's that sonny?" if the voting had been reversed in favor of Senator McCain.

I also noted I hoped it was just meant to be funny, and tried to temper my comments regarding it. If that's PC in your opinion, fine.

I didn't vote for him, and will support him and our country to the best of my ability, as evidenced by my signature change.

Spare me with the faux outrage. I am black I was being funny. Let me guess its not PC to joke about/with my brothas and sistas no mo. :doh:

Archived