Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sellers on Pittsburgh fans at Fed Ex: "That was ridiculous"

SMOSS89

There was no home field advantage.... when the opposing defense raises their arms to get the crowd into it, and the noise is deafening...

...well all in all, it was the most disgusted Huly and I have ever been...

We and others do everything we can to try to get fans together to get hyped for the team as well as trying to excite our team... when we were at last nights game, we felt ashamed...

We and others do everything we can to try to get fans together to get hyped for the team as well as trying to excite our team... when we were at last nights game, we felt ashamed...

Just to many corporate seats now. Used to they were mainly suites, then clubs, now with the touchdown club and the tailgate club the lower level is going corporate.

Thats never the same as lifelong fans like us having seats and treasuring them.

Like the fans who sold their tickets to tens of thousands of Steelers fans knew how many points the Skins were going to score :doh:

No, your right about that they shouldve never sold there tickets,But for the players to be commenting on this in a negative fashion when they should be worrying about fixing there offensive woes and health, its ridiculous.

No, your right about that they shouldve never sold there tickets,But for the players to be commenting on this in a negative fashion when they should be worrying about fixing there offensive woes and health, its ridiculous.

Who's to say that they aren't? If an interviewer asks a player about it should he not comment on it?

Jesus people, it's not like the players said that it was the number 1 issue with the team :doh:

Excuse Me?! I lived in northern Virginia for 25 years. I moved to Pennsylvania for a better standard of living. I moved 5 years ago, and have not regretted it one bit. I love where I am living. You might want to lay off the ignorance.

While he could have been more delicate with his wording, it is true that there has been a diaspora of Western Pennsylvanians to other parts of the country, and many of them have wound up in the DC area.

Truth is, there's a Steelers bar in every major city in America, because Pittsburgh natives have pulled up stakes and moved away from home in large numbers.

The notion that Steelers fans 'travel well' is a little misleading. Sure, some of them do travel...but in reality many of them already LIVE wherever a given game is taking place.

Who's to say that they aren't? If an interviewer asks a player about it should he not comment on it?

Jesus people, it's not like the players said that it was the number 1 issue with the team :doh:

true proffesionals wouldve responded, "Thats no big deal, we juts have to worry about improving are play during the bye".:2cents:

Silent snap count at home? That's unheard of.

Seriously? If thats the case NFL players are not used to playing in loud environments. It was not THAT loud in there, not even the first 5 minutes when things were going the Skins way.

The simple fact is there are tooo many corporate tickets held which lead to a huge number of tickets given away or being used by casual fans just there b/c they can be.

Fill that place with 93k rabid passionate fball fans who are there because they eat/sleep/live/die Skins fball, then you will get what you want. It would be just like playing in an SEC stadium. It happened in 2004, USC - VT, it was nuts.

What are the estimates of Steelers fans there last night, from my vantage point, I would say less than 30% (probably easily). So, your telling me that 30k people in a stadium with a 90k capcity made enough noise to require a silent snap count? Thats pathetic if true.

And the last REAL issue I have with being at FedEx is that they realize the fans there aren't the brightest of football fans. Seriously, the PA announcer has to alert the crowd every time the Defense is on the field in an effort to remind them they are supposed to make noise with the horrible animation on the jumbotron. Likewise, the entire time the offense is on field the 'quite offense at work' sign has to be up. I felt like I was at a football fan training experiment.

From where I was sitting, there were plenty of people who spent 2/3 of the game making beer/urinal trips and 1/3 sitting in their seat drinking their $8 beers. I love the 'Skins I will always cheer for them, but this trip just help re-affirm why I love the college game and atmosphere 10-1. I do not foresee me selling any more VT tickets to buy 'Skins seats anytime in the near future. :mad:

Well I'm glad the Steelers fans won't get to see their team play at FedEx Field again for a very long time.

I'm also glad when the Cowboys game isn't showing on TV or it gets switched and many of the bandwagoners can't see "their team"

There's a reason why there are Washington Redskins stores and no Dallas Cowboys stores around here. There's a reason why there are pictures of Redskins on the outside of the Metrobus. There's a reason why they don't switch from Redskins games. There's a reason why when they show the highs and lows for the weather that they put a Redskins helmet on the day the Redskins are playing like how they have other things for holidays.

I can't believe the audacity of some Cowboys fans to wonder why they don't get as much coverage as the Redskins do. Are you flipping serious?!?

Umm, sorry I got carried away...

But the point is, this is SUPPOSED to be Redskinsville, Redskinsland, Redskinstown, Redskins country and seeing our colors diluted by any colors except for burgundy and gold makes me angry.

Please see my "soap box" posts in other threads :doh: If you guys and girls care about this, you will continue to beat this into the ground until someone gives us some answers. The performance was one thing and understandable based on the team they were playing and the state of their health. The mass amounts of visiting fans cannot be explained by us. That's a question that we have to ask Snyder.

Don't know why anyone is surprised. Steeler fans are everywhere and are known for traveling anywhere to watch their team play.

I remember seeing tons of Steeler fans in a pre-season game at Fed-Ex.

Preseason is different. Lots of folks go on vacation in August and if fans know that they're paying a lot of money to see their starters in the game for a half tops, and they want to sell their tickets, fine.

But last night showed me that too many of our season-ticket holders are just interested in recouping some of their costs instead of actually going to the game.

Archived